Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Nasiru Taura is a Lecturer in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Bournemouth University, Bournemouth United Kingdom. He is currently the unit leader for Entrepreneurial Mind Option (Msc Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship). Prior to joining Bournemouth University, Taura worked as an Associate Lecturer at Southampton Solent University UK, where he taught finance and aspects of entrepreneurial finance. Taura made a number of peer reviewed publications in Entrepreneurship & Regional Development: International Journal, Book Chapter, in addition, to several papers presented at leading entrepreneurship and innovation conferences around the word including: Denmark, Spain, France, Estonia, Portugal, and USA. Taura is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (FRSA), UK.
- Taura, N., 2014. Counteracting innovative constraints: insights from four case studies of African knowledge-intensive metalworking and automotive clusters – ‘the Akimacs’. Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, 26 (3-4), 313-336.
- Taura, N.D., 2015. The innovative performance of African firms. In: Fayolle, A., Kyro, P. and Liñán, F., eds. Developing, shaping and growing entrepreneurship. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Taura, N.D., 2013. Intelligent Entrepreneurship for Entrepreneurship Educators: Synthesis and Insights. In: Caetano, A., ed. European Summer University Conference 18-25 August 2013 Lisbon, Portugal.
- Taura, N.D. and Watkins, D., 2013. New Perspectives on African Industrial Clusters; The Evolution of African Industrial Clusters. In: Adler, P.S. and Shapiro, D.L., eds. Academy of Management 9-10 August 2013 Lake Buena Vista.
- Taura, N.D. and Watkins, D., 2013. Exploring the Dynamics of Industrial Clusters: New Entrants vs. the Incumbents. In: Adler, P.S. and Shapiro, D.L., eds. Academy of Management 9-10 August 2013 Lake Buena Vista.
- Taura, N.D. and Watkins, D., 2012. Furthering our Knowledge of Entrepreneurial Clusters: Review and Synthesis of the Evolution of African Industrial Cluster Studies. In: RENT 21-23 November 2012 EMLyon Business School France.
- Taura, N.D. and Watkins, D., 2010. Paradigm Development in Indigenous Entrepreneurship Research. In: European Summer University Conference 22-28 August 2010 Tartu University Estonia..
- Taura, N.D., 2014. The environment for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) in the context of the Solent Area local economic development policy.... Southampton Solent University (internal document).
- Role of Universities towards Local Economic Development (Southampton Solent University, 31 Oct 2013). Awarded
- Evidence Based Practice in Sports for Social Change (Southampton Solent University, 02 Mar 2011). Awarded
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Business Consultancy Pop-up store, BU Festival of Enterprise 2016
- Fellow Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (FRSA)