Dr Salvatore Scifo
- 01202 965527
- sscifo at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in Communication & Social Media
- Weymouth House W333, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
- Scifo, S., 2016. Editorial. Interactions: studies in communication and culture, 7 (2), 119-121.
- Scifo, S., 2016. Editorial. Interactions: studies in communication and culture, 7 (1), 3-5.
- Scifo, S., 2016. Funding the ‘third way’ of radio broadcasting in Britain. 3CMedia/ Journal of Community, Citizen's and Third Sector Media and Communication, 8.
- Scifo, S., 2015. Technology, Empowerment and Community Radio. Revista Mídia e Cotidiano, 7 (7), 84-111.
- Scifo, S. and Salman, Y., 2015. Citizens’ involvement in emergency preparedness and response: a comparative analysis of media strategies and online presence in Turkey, Italy and Germany. Interactions: studies in communication and culture, 6 (2), 179-198.
- Scifo, S., 2015. Editorial. Interactions: studies in communication and culture, 6 (1), 3-7.
- Carpentier, N. and Scifo, S., 2010. Introduction: Community media's long march. Telematics and Informatics, 27 (2), 115-118.
- Scifo, S., 2010. Conference report: Community media at ECREA's ECC08. Telematics and Informatics, 27 (2), 196-199.
- Jiménez, N.R. and Scifo, S., 2010. Community media in the context of European media policies. Telematics and Informatics, 27 (2), 131-140.
- Scifo, S., 2009. Developing Critical Citizenship: proposals for a postgraduate module on Community Media. Investigations in university teaching and learning, 5 (2), 145-152.
- Scifo, S., 2008. Editorial. Westminster Papers in Communication and Culture, 5 (1), 1-4.
- Nguyen, A. and Scifo, S., 2018. Mapping the citizen news landscape: blurring boundaries, promises, perils and beyond. In: Vos, T., ed. The Handbook of Communication Science. De Gruyter.
- Watson, H., Wadhwa, K., Baruh, L. and Scifo, S., 2016. Social Networking in Times of Crisis. In: Kurylo, A. and Dumova, T., eds. Social Networking. Redefining Communication in the Digital Age. London: Rowman&Littlefield and Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 111-129.
- Scifo, S., Baruh, L. and Watson, H., 2015. Misuse of Information Technologies and Reliability of Information in New Media. In: Khosrow-Pour, M., ed. Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology. Hersey, PA (USA): IGI Global, 4152-4161.
- Scifo, S., 2014. Community radio and participation: Listeners as productive publics. Radio Audiences and Participation in the Age of Network Society. 212-230.
- Scifo, S., 2014. Communication rights as a networking reality: Community Radio in Europe. In: Padovani, C. and Calabrese, A., eds. Communication Rights and Social Justice. Historical Accounts of Transnational Mobilizations. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 164-179.
- Scifo, S., 2013. La radio comunitaria in Italia, storia, protagonisti e prospettive. Un giorno di radio. Storia, mercati, formati, pubblici, tecnologie.. Rome, Italy: Carocci Editore, 167-181.
- Scifo, S., 2010. Community Radio in the United Kingdom. In: Kawashima, T. and Matsuura, S., eds. The Future of Community Media. Kyoto, Japan: Koyo Shobo Publishing, 181-193.
- Scifo, S., 2007. Student Media. In: Coyer, K., Dowmunt, T. and Fountain, A., eds. The Alternative Media Handbook. Abingdon: Routledge, 233-237.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Exhibition (MA in Media and Communication)
- Master's Project (MA in Media and Communication)
- Research Methods in Media and Communication (MA in Media and Communication)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Dissertation (BA Multimedia Journalism)
- Media: Messages and Meanings (BA (Hons) Communication and Media)
- Media and Marketing Research ((BA (Hons) Communication and Media)
- Dissertation (BA (Hons) Communication and Media)
- Public Relations (BA (Hons) Communication and Media)
- Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture (Intellect), Editor (2013-), http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=165/
- Community Media Forum Europe (CMFE), Experts Group (2013-), http://cmfe.eu/?cat=10
- European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA), Advisory Board member (2013-), http://ecrea.eu/board/advisory
- Community Communication and Alternative Media section - International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR), Co-Chair (2016-), http://iamcr.org/s-wg/section/community-communication
- Radio Studies Network - Media, Communication and Culture Studies Association (MeCCSA-RSN), Steering Committee member (2017-), http://www.meccsa.org.uk/networks/radio-studies-network/
- IAMCR Annual Conference 2016, British Community Radio in a converged mediascape: reflections on a decade of full-time broadcasting, 27 July 2016, Leicester
- The Radio Conference 2016: Transnational Radio Encounters, Transnational Community Radio in a multicultural Britain, 5 July 2016, Utrecht
- BA (Hons) in Communication Sciences (University of Siena (Italy), 2003)
- MA in Communication Sciences (University of Siena (Italy), 2003)
- PGCert in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (London Metropolitan University, 2009)
- PhD in Media and Communication (University of Westminster, 2011)
The data on this page was last updated at 04:08 on June 23, 2017.