Dr Alan Kirkpatrick
- 01202 961852
- akirkpatrick at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in Financial Accounting/ Services
- Dorset House D166, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
- Contributing to tax research and policy innovation through academic activities and engagement with government bodies, the professions and the wider business environment.
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am the leader of the TRIBUTE tax research group. My current research interests are: business taxation; tax accounting; measurement of corporate tax planning risk and the effects of tax avoidance on firm value; pension tax and accounting; tax havens; personal tax; taxation of financial institutions and environmental tax.
- Tauringana, V., Radicic, D., Kirkpatrick, A. and Konadu, R., 2017. Corporate boards and environmental offence conviction: evidence from the United Kingdom. Corporate Governance (Bingley), 17 (2), 341-362.
- Miller, A. and Kirkpatrick, A., 2013. The Use of Multilateral Instruments to Achieve the BEPS Action Plan Agenda. British Tax Review, 2013 (5), 682-691.
- Kirkpatrick, A.K., 2010. A critical perspective of pension tax arbitrage. Pensions, 15 (1), 49-61.
- Kirkpatrick, A., 2007. Breaking the Link — A Consideration of the Pensions Buy-Out Market in the United Kingdom Following Recent Developments in the Accounting and Regulatory Regime for the Measurement and Reporting of Liabilities of Defined Benefit Pension Schemes. Pensions An International Journal, 12, 185-197.
- Kirkpatrick, A. and Radicic, D., 2016. Pension Accounting Information and Firm Value: A Panel Analysis. In: British Accounting and Finance Association 21-23 March 2016 Bath, UK.
- Kirkpatrick, A. and Radicic, D., 2016. Tax Avoidance and Firm Value: A Dynamic Analysis. In: Tax Research Network Annual Conference 2015 8-10 September 2015 Hull, UK.
- Kirkpatrick, A. and Radicic, D., 2014. Tax Avoidance and Firm Value. In: BAFA (British Accounting and Finance Association) 23-25 March 2015 Manchester, UK.
- Kirkpatrick, A., 2011. Pension Accounting: Value Relevance and the Perception of Decision Usefulness – A UK Perspective. In: British Accounting and Finance Association 2011 Annual Conference 11-12 April 2011 Aston Business School, Birmingham, UK.
- Kirkpatrick, A.K., 2010. Pension Accounting and Qualitative Research - A European Perspective. In: British Accounting Association 29-30 March 2010 Cardiff City Hall, Cardiff, UK.
- Tahani Mohamed. An evaluation of different methods of tax minimisation in the UK's multinational companies
- Tahani Mohamed, 2018. Evaluation of Tax Minimisation and Corporate Governance in UK Multinational Companies
- Dennis Seaman, 2020. Audit committees and corporate governance
- ICAEW Southern Society, Committee Member (2017-)
- London Metropolitan University, External Examiner (2015-)
- British Accounting and Finance Association, Pension Accounting Information and Firm Value: A Panel Analysis, 21 Mar 2016, Bath, UK
- Tax Research Network Annual Conference 2015, Tax Avoidance and Firm Value: A Dynamic Analysis, 08 Sep 2015, Hull, UK
- The Writing Academy, 14 Mar 2016
- BA Honours in Economics (Durham University, 1981)
- Margaret Scott Memorial Prize for Economics in Economics (Durham University, 1981)
- MSc in Economics (Oxford University, 1982)
- PhD in Accounting and Finance (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Chartered Accountant (Chartered Accounmtants Ireland, 1986)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants In Ireland, Fellow (1986-),