Dr Tahani Mohamed
- 01202 968738
- tmohamed at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in Accounting Finance and Economics
- Executive Business Centre EB401, Bournemouth University, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EB
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Tahani started working in BU as a part-time lecturer in 2017, while she was doing her PhD in tax minimisation at BU and then she has been pointed as a full-time lecturer in 2019 in accounting finance and economics department.
Tahani has been qualified as an accountant practitioner for twenty years as she used to work in international companies and organisations such as Alcatel-lucent (ALU) and international organisation for Migration (IOM). Also, she worked as an accountant chartered in preparing financial statements for small and medium-sized companies. In addition, she worked in academia for five years before she pursued her PhD in accounting and taxation.
She achieved a First Class Honours in her master degree in accounting and finance and her dissertation titled: The relationship between financial structure and earnings and growth in industrial companies.
In 2020 she achieved her PhD in accounting and taxation and her thesis titled: Tax Minimisation and Firm Value: An Evaluation of Different Methods on UK’s FTSE 350...
Tahani is an active member of national as well as international professional bodies, for example, Bournemouth University Institute of Directors, British Accounting and Finance Association, British Academy of Management, the Tax research network and the Accounting Transparency Association in Libya.more
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
Sustainable cities and communities
"Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable"
Partnership for the Goals
"Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development"
- Gashoot, M., Eve, B. and Mohamed, T., 2023. Implementing Technology for Teaching: The Use of a Mobile/Tablet Approach for Enhancing Students’ Learning (Design Interaction) Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL). Journal of Education, 203 (1), 230-241.
- Adedoyin, F., Kirkpatrick, A. and Mohamed, T., 2022. The Financial Sector and the UK’s Net Zero Transition – Considering Economic Welfare Implications of Pathways to Retirement of Fossil Fuel Assets and Local Interventions. Auditee committees parliament/ written evidence.
- Gashoot, M. and Mohamed, T., 2022. Promoting a Pedagogical Shift from Didactic Teacher-Centered to Participatory Student-Centered Learning by Harnessing the Portability and Versatility of Mobile Technology. Scientific Research Publishing Inc., 10, 296-315.
- Mohamed, T., 2020. Tax minimisation and firm value with the moderating effect of corporate governance on UK’s FTSE 350. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University Business School.
Profile of Teaching PG
- International Indirect Taxation
- Masters Dissertation Supervision L7
- Accounting and Financial Management
Profile of Teaching UG
- Indirect Taxation
- Taxation Economics and Policy
- Accounting and Quantitative Analysis
- Financial and Business Analysis
- Financial Reporting for Hospitality
- Final Year Dissertation Supervision L6
- Taxation: Economics and Policy (Level 6) 2018 to 2021
- Public Finance and Policy (level 6) since 2022
- Carbon tax as a panacea to responsible consumption and production post-COP26 (Bournemouth University, 01 Mar 2022). Completed
- Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Trainer (2019-2020), https://www.dorsetchamber.co.uk/; Boardroom Brilliance: A development course for DCCI
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- BU Business School PG Researchers prize (11 Mar 2021)
- The future of Financial Reporting 2018: Digitalisation and Integrated Reporting (12 Jan 2018)
- Bringing organisational values to life every day (20 Apr 2017)
- BU 9th annual Postgraduate Conference 2017 (08 Mar 2017)
- BAM corporate governance conference, How does good governance affect the outcomes of corporate tax strategy?, 24 Jun 2019, The University of Southampton
- Tax Research Network annual conference 2017, Tax Minimisation and Firm Value: An Evaluation of Different Methods (UK’s Multinational Companies), 04 Sep 2017, Bournemouth University Business School
- BAFA Annual Doctoral Conference, Tax Minimisation and Firm Value: An Evaluation of Different Methods (UK’s Multinational Companies), 10 Apr 2017, Herriot-Watt University Business School, Edinburgh
- The 9th PGR annual Conference, An evaluation of the effect of Different Methods of Tax Minimisation on the UK MNCs, 09 Mar 2017, Bournemouth University
- British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA SIG), Tax Minimisation, Firm Value, Corporate Governance: An evaluation of different methods on the UK MNCs, 09 Dec 2016, Kingston University Business School, London, UK
- Annual PGR Five Minutes Thesis Presentation, Tax Minimisation on the UK MNCs,, 19 May 2016, Bournemouth University
- PhD in Accounting and Taxation (Bournemouth University, 2020)
- MSc in Accounting and Finance (Benghazi University, 2004)
- BSc (Hons) in Economics (Benghazi University, 1998)