Dr Tahani Mohamed
- tmohamed at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Accounting Finance And Economics
- Executive Business Centre EB401, Bournemouth University, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Tahani started working in BU as a part-time lecturer in 2017, while she was doing her PhD in tax minimisation at BU and then she has been pointed as a full-time lecturer in 2019 in accounting finance and economics department.
Tahani has been qualified as an accountant practitioner for twenty years as she used to work in international companies and organisations such as Alcatel-lucent (ALU) and international organisation for Migration (IOM). Also, she worked as an accountant chartered in preparing financial statements for small and medium-sized companies. In addition, she worked in academia for five years before she pursued her PhD in accounting and taxation.
She achieved a First Class Honours in her master degree in accounting and finance and her dissertation titled: The relationship between financial structure and earnings and growth in industrial companies.
In 2020 she achieved her PhD in accounting and taxation and her thesis titled: Tax Minimisation and Firm Value: An Evaluation of Different Methods on UK’s FTSE 350...
Tahani is an active member of national as well as international professional bodies, for example, Bournemouth University Institute of Directors, British Accounting and Finance Association, British Academy of Management, the Tax research network and the Accounting Transparency Association in Libya.more
Profile of Teaching PG
- INTERNATIONAL INDIRECT TAXATION
Profile of Teaching UG
- INDIRECT TAXATION
- TAXATION ECONOMICS AND POLICY
- ACCOUNTING AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS
- Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Trainer (2019-2020), https://www.dorsetchamber.co.uk/; Boardroom Brilliance: A development course for DCCI
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- BAFA Symposium hosted at the ACCA in January 2018.
- This symposium organised by the BAM and hosted at ACCA, it is a one-day event to discuss the possibility of Bringing organisational values to life every day.
- BAM corporate governance conference, How does good governance affect the outcomes of corporate tax strategy?, 24 Jun 2019, The University of Southampton
- Tax Research Network annual conference 2017, Tax Minimisation and Firm Value: An Evaluation of Different Methods (UK’s Multinational Companies), 04 Sep 2017, Bournemouth University Business School
- BAFA Annual Doctoral Conference, Tax Minimisation and Firm Value: An Evaluation of Different Methods (UK’s Multinational Companies), 10 Apr 2017, Herriot-Watt University Business School, Edinburgh
- The 9th PGR annual Conference, An evaluation of the effect of Different Methods of Tax Minimisation on the UK MNCs, 09 Mar 2017, Bournemouth University
- British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA SIG), Tax Minimisation, Firm Value, Corporate Governance: An evaluation of different methods on the UK MNCs, 09 Dec 2016, Kingston University Business School, London, UK
- Annual PGR Five Minutes Thesis Presentation, Tax Minimisation on the UK MNCs,, 19 May 2016, Bournemouth University
- PhD in Accounting and Taxation (Bournemouth University, 2020)
- MSc in Accounting and Finance (Benghazi University, 2004)
- BSc (Hons) in Economics (Benghazi University, 1998)