Aneta Postek is currently acquiring her PhD in Media Production at Bournemouth University. Within her project, she is looking at the philosophical aspect of realism and reality and the phenomenological approach to dynamic changes in the virtual production workflow and the use of animatronics in the context of in-camera effects. She will prove her findings by analysing the subjective experiences of practitioners.
She holds a distinction master’s degree in Theology and Pedagogy alongside the Master of Science in Creative Technology. Her Master's Thesis was published by the Polish Homiletic Association in 2005. As an awarded Art Director and Virtual Production practitioner, mentored by Mark Herbert (Warp Films), Aneta collaborates as a freelance VAD, editor and Disguise operator as well as a filmmaker with Production Park.
Aneta is a member of CEMP (Centre of Excellence in Media Practice) at Bournemouth Univeristy.
Aneta is also currently a lecturer at Bournemouth University:
- Independent Research Film Project for the Level 6 BA(Hon) Film...
- Understanding Media for the Level 4 BA(Hons)Television Production and BA(Hons) Media Production.
- Media Scholarship for the Level 4 BA(Hons)Television Production and BA(Hons) Media Production
- Research Principles and Methods Level 5 and 6 BA(Hons) Media and Communication and BA(Hons)Marketing
Aneta worked as a Research Assistant at NCCA. Collaborating with Dr Xiewen Xu and Prof. Young Researching Virtual Production and charring the industry panels.
The collaboration resulted in the Marketing Report: Understanding the Virtual Production Industry in the UK and China. (2023)
Aneta is very engaged in the PGR (Postgraduate Researcher) community. She was elected by students as PGR society president and she was the PGR representative for the Department of Media Production as well as, the FMC faculty representative for FMC students at Bournemouth University.
Aneta was elected and involved in supporting the student community as a Disability, Neurodiversity and Accessibility Officer. She organised Disability History Month focusing on neurodivergence and advocating for covering the cost of ADHD and Dyslexia diagnostic by the university.
She also lobbied the Bournemouth City Council to improve the safety of the crossing around the University Campuses to implement policies democratically accepted by students during the SUBU Summit.
Aneta participates in DEDIC and Athena board meetings as a student voice and representative. She endorses the guarantor support by BU for students and also advocates fair access to accommodation for families and disabled students with carers.more
- Aneta, P. and Postek-Mioduszewska, A., 2023. Jim Henson's Legacy. From Yoda to Grogu. In: The Evolution of Jim Henson Puppetry. From Analogue Craft to Digital Franchise 16-18 September 2022 Bristol University. Jim Henson Legacy.
- Postek-Mioduszewska, A., 2023. Understanding the Virtual Production Industry in the UK and China. Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC, UK). Available from: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/sites/default/files/asset/document/InnovationCollaborationResilience20230325_ID.pdf.
- Postek - Mioduszewska, A. and Postek-Mioduszewska, A., 2019. The Impact of Technology Development on Stop - Motion and an Animator’s Work. Master's Thesis. Leeds Beckett University - Creative Technology.
- Postek, A. and Postek-Mioduszewska, A., 2004. Will of a Man According to Martin Luther's "On the Bondage of the Will " and Selection of John Wesley's Ceremonies. Comparison Studies. Wola człowieka według traktatu Marcina Lutra "O woli niewolnej" i wybranych kazań Jana Wesleya. Studium komparatystyczne. Master's Thesis. Chrzescijanska Akademia teologiczna.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Research Principles and Methods (Quanitative) Level 5 and 6 BA Media and Comunication/ BA Marketing
- Understanding Media - BA Televison Production and BA Media Production
- Diploma in Fundamentals of Virtual Production (University of York, 2022)
- Diploma in TV Production (Leeds Trinity University, 2021)
- Diploma in Unity Proffessional Artist (Skill City, 2021)
- MSc in Creative Technology (Leeds Beckett University, 2019)
- MA in Ethics and Philosophy (Christian Theological Accademy in Warsaw, 2004)