Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
After completing her BSc (Hons) in Psychology, Ceyda Kiyak worked as a certified Psychotherapist (addiction, trauma and sex) at Turkish Ministry of Health for ten years and as an Academic Visitor at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (Addictions Department) at King's College London. She then completed her MSc (Hons) in Experimental Psychology at the University of Milano Bicocca in Italy.
Ceyda Kiyak has an interdisciplinary background in Psychology, Neuroscience and Computing. While her work comprises developing psychological interventions for mental health, she is also interested in integrating technology into psychology practice, such as VR therapy, smart-phone applications and serious video games for the treatment and prevention of mental health problems.
She is currently doing an MRes in Computing and Informatics Department and working as a Postgraduate Researcher (PGR) in which she investigates the effectiveness of different types of novel digital interactions in interrupting the dissociation of gamblers during online gambling by using persuasive technologies and nudging.
She is also working as a Research Assistant at the Institute of Medical Imaging where she is systematically reviewing the evidence in relation to the regional distribution of neuroanatomical abnormalities observed on brain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT) scans following COVID-19 infection.
- Lyons, D., Kiyak, C., Cetinkaya, D., Hodge, S. and McAlaney, J., 2022. Design and Development of a Mobile Application to Combat Digital Addiction and Dissociative States During Phone Usage. In: 18th IEEE International Conference on E-Business Engineering (ICEBE) 14-16 October 2022 Bournemouth University.
- Kiyak, C., 2022. Mind the Gap: Interrupting Dissociation of Players Through Real-Time Digital Tasks During Online Gambling. Master's Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Science and Technology.
- Kiyak, C., Cetinkaya, D., Ali, R., McAlaney, J. and Hodge, S., 2022. Mind the gap: Minimising online gambling related harm through persuasive technologies. In: The 17th International Conference on Persuasive Technology.
- Kiyak, C. and Bonzi, G., 2021. Concept and design of TherapyRoom: the tool for online therapy. In: European Conference on Digital Psychology.
- Kiyak, C., Çelik, Ş.L., Müneviş, D. and Yaman, D., 2017. Lateralization in Top-down Processing: Hemispheric Asymmetry in Menstrual Cycle and Gender Differences. In: 7th Congress of the Serbian Neuroscience Society.
- MSc (Hons) in Applied Experimental Psychological Sciences (University of Milano Bicocca, 2021)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (Izmir University of Economics, 2010)