Dr Deniz Cetinkaya
- 01202 961241
- dcetinkaya at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Computing
- Poole House P419, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Deniz Cetinkaya is a Lecturer (Academic) in Computing in the Department of Computing & Informatics at Bournemouth University. Prior to BU, she worked as an Assistant Professor in Software Engineering Department at Atılım University, Ankara, Turkey. She graduated from Department of Computer Engineering at Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey with honors in 2002. She received her MSc degree in Computer Engineering from Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey in 2005. She received her PhD degree in Systems Engineering from Delft University of Technology (Technische Universiteit Delft) in the Netherlands in 2013.
Deniz is serving as a program committee member or a reviewer for several internationally renowned conferences and journals. She has published papers in fully refereed international conferences and journals and contributed chapters to books.
Areas of interest: Software engineering, Model driven software development, Software reusability, Software quality, Domain specific modelling, Modelling and simulation, Data analytics and visualization, Component based software engineering, Automated software development, Discrete event simulation, Modelling for Internet of Things, User Experience and Usability, Conceptual modeling, Responsible software engineering and ethics in digital games, Business process modelling, Software requirements modelling, Requirements engineering, and other related areas.
I am currently looking for PhD and MSc students. If you are interested, please contact me with your CV so that we can discuss the options available.
- Alamro, S., Dogan, H., Cetinkaya, D., Jiang, N. and Phalp, K., 2018. Conceptualising and modelling E-recruitment process for enterprises through a problem oriented approach. Information (Switzerland), 9 (11).
- Varun, G., Shivam, L., Cetinkaya, D. and Hye-jin, K., 2017. Towards a Systematic Literature Review of Non-Functional Requirement Prioritization Approaches. International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications, 11 (2).
- Gupta, V., Shivam, L., Cetinkaya, D. and Hye-jin, K., 2017. Non-functional Requirement Prioritization Approach. International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications, 11 (1).
- Çetinkaya, D., Verbraeck, A. and Seck, M.D., 2015. Model Continuity in Discrete Event Simulation: A Framework for Model-Driven Development of Simulation Models. ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation, 25 (3).
- Cetinkaya, O. and Cetinkaya, D., 2007. Verification and validation issues in electronic voting. Electronic Journal of e-Government (EJEG), 5 (2), 117-126.
- Cetinkaya, D., Mittal, S., Verbraeck, A. and Seck, M.D., 2013. Model-driven engineering and its application in modeling and simulation. Netcentric System of Systems Engineering with DEVS Unified Process, (S.Mittal & J.L.Risco-Martin, authors). CRC Press, Taylor&Francis Group, 221-248.
- Cetinkaya, D., Verbraeck, A. and Seck, M.D., 2013. BPMN to DEVS: Application of MDD4MS framework in discrete event simulation. Netcentric System of Systems Engineering with DEVS Unified Process, (S.Mittal & J.L.Risco-Martin, authors). CRC Press, Taylor&Francis Group, 609-636.
- Aldoayan, M., Sahandi, R., John, D. and Cetinkaya, D., 2020. A Conceptual Framework for Cloud-based Collaborative Online Course Provision. In: 9th International Conference on Educational and Information Technology (ICEIT 2020) 11-13 February 2020 Oxford.
- Aldoayan, M., Sahandi, R., John, D. and Cetinkaya, D., 2019. Collaborative cloud-based online courses: Issues and challenges. 17-21.
- Alamro, S., Dogan, H., Cetinkaya, D. and Jiang, N., 2018. Problem-oriented conceptual model and ontology for enterprise e-recruitment. 280-289.
- Imamoǧlu, M.Y. and Çetinkaya, D., 2017. A rule based decision support system for programming language selection. 71-75.
- D'Ambrogio, A., Durak, U. and Çetinkaya, D., 2017. MOD4SIM'17 chairs' message.
- Proceedings of the Symposium on Model-driven Approaches for Simulation Engineering, Mod4Sim 2017, Virginia Beach, VA, USA, April 23 - 26, 2017. ACM.
- Proceedings of the Modeling and Simulation of Complexity in Intelligent, Adaptive and Autonomous Systems 2016 (MSCIAAS 2016) and Space Simulation for Planetary Space Exploration (SPACE 2016), part of the 2016 Spring Simulation Multiconference, SpringSim '16, Pasadena, CA, USA, April 3-6, 2016. ACM.
- Çetinkaya, D., 2016. A model driven approach to Web-based traffic simulation.
- Proceedings of the International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, Chicago, IL, USA, July 26-29, 2015. IEEE / ACM.
- Çetinkaya, D. and Camci, I., 2014. Towards a metamodel for airport modeling and simulation. 438-443.
- Cetinkaya, D., Verbraeck, A. and Seck, M.D., 2012. Model transformation from BPMN to DEVS in the MDD4MS framework. 304-309.
- Cetinkaya, D., Verbraeck, A. and Seck, M.D., 2012. Model transformation from BPMN to DEVS in the MDD4MS framework. SCS/ACM, 28.
- Cetinkaya, D., Verbraeck, A. and Seck, M.D., 2012. Model Transformation from BPMN to DEVS in the MDD4MS Framework. 304-309.
- Rust, I., Cetinkaya, D., Seck, M. and Wenzler, I., 2011. Business process simulation for management consultants: A DEVS-based simplified business process modelling library. 709-714.
- Cetinkaya, D., Verbraeck, A. and Seck, M.D., 2011. MDD4MS: A model driven development framework for modeling and simulation. 113-121.
- Cetinkaya, D. and Verbraeck, A., 2011. Metamodeling and model transformations in modeling and simulation. 3043-3053.
- Rust, I., Cetinkaya, D., Seck, M. and Wenzler, I., 2011. Business process simulation for management consultants: A DEVS based simplifed business process modelling library. 47-48.
- Cetinkaya, D. and Verbraeck, A., 2011. METAMODELING AND MODEL TRANSFORMATIONS IN MODELING AND SIMULATION. 3043-3053.
- Cetinkaya, D., Verbraeck, A. and Seck, M.D., 2010. A metamodel and a DEVS implementation for component based hierarchical simulation modeling.
- Cetinkaya, D., Verbraeck, A. and Seck, M.D., 2010. Applying a model driven approach to component based modeling and simulation. 546-553.
- Cetinkaya, D., Verbraeck, A. and Seek, M., 2010. Towards a component based conceptual modeling language for discrete event simulation. 67-74.
- Cetinkaya, O. and Cetinkaya, D., 2007. Validation and verification issues in e-voting. 63-70.
- Cetinkaya, O. and Cetinkaya, D., 2007. Towards secure E-elections in Turkey: Requirements and principles. 903-907.
- Çetinkaya, D. and Oǧuztüzün, H., 2006. A metamodel for the HLA object model. 207-213.
- Cetinkaya, D., 2013. Model Driven Development of Simulation Models - Defining and Transforming Conceptual Models into Simulation Models by Using Metamodels and Model Transformations. PhD Thesis. Delft University of Technology (TUDelft), Systems Engineering.
- Cetinkaya, D., 2005. A Metamodel for the High Level Architecture Object Model. Master's Thesis. Middle East Technical University, Computer Engineering.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Software Engineering (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Systems Engineering (2014)
- Model Driven Software Development (2016)
- Systems Design (CPD unit for BBC, 2017)
- SAS Programming (2018, 2019)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Computer Programming - I (2014)
- Computer Programming - II (2014, 2015)
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering (2015)
- Introduction to Software Engineering (2016)
- Object Oriented Programming (2015, 2016)
- Web Programming (2017, 2018, 2019)
- UG Programmes Final Year Project Coordinator (2018 - )
- Erasmus+ Travel grant to visit TU Clausthal (European Union, 09 Apr 2019). Awarded
- Horizon2020-Travel grant for "Provenance-aware Software Engineering" project consortium (TUBITAK-Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, 09 Feb 2016). Awarded
- 2224A-Travel grant for Conference Attendance (TUBITAK-Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, 10 Sep 2014). Awarded
- Bournemouth and Poole College, Link Tutor (2017-)
- Spring Simulation Multi-Conference, Program Committee Member (2016-)
- Summer Simulation Multi Conference, Program Committee Member (2014-)
- Journal of Systems and Software, Reviewer
- Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling & Simulation International, Reviewer
- Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, Reviewer
- Software and Systems Modeling, Reviewer
- PGCert in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, UK, 2018)
- PhD in Systems Engineering (Delft University of Technology (TUDelft), Delft, The Netherlands, 2013)
- MSc in Computer Engineering (Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 2005)
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science and Engineering (Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, 2002)
- ACM (Association for Computing Machinery), Member (2018-),
- HEA (Higher Education Academy), Fellow (2018-),
- BCS (The Chartered Institute for IT), Member (2017-),