- jacharya at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am currently a research scholar at Faculty of Health and Social Sciences of Bournemouth University, working under the supervision of Professor Edwin van Teijlingen, Associate Professor Dr. Jane Murphy and Senior lecturer Dr. Martin Hind. I am primarily interested in public health nutrition particularly knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about a healthy diet. Beside this, I am keenly interested in assessing the level of knowledge, attitudes and beliefs particularly, food and health seeking behaviour amongst the rural and urban population. Similarly, I am also interested in exploring the existing beliefs which influence food and health seeking behaviours of the society particularly in the developing world. I have been disseminating my research outcomes to wider populations through the presentation in various conferences/workshops at local, regional and international level and peer reviewed publications. I have completed MSc (Community Eye Health) and Ph.D. (Public Health Nutrition) at University College London (UCL) and Bournemouth University (BU), England... I have also successfully completed PG Diploma in Community Eye Health from UCL. Before to start my Ph.D. at BU, I had worked for Child Welfare Scheme Nepal (UK based charity support project-Kidasha), Dental Medical College and various I/NGOs such as Nepal Netra Jyoti Sangh, Nepal Red Cross Society, Swiss Red Cross, Norwegian Church Aid, AOCA Japan, WHO and etc., in various posts as junior to top level. I am familiar with mixed methods, institutional developments and efficient management, supervision and evaluation of the project, fundraising, networking, and creating awareness. I have developed a strong tool (3P awareness strategy) to create the level of awareness in the society. I have also discovered new knowledge (diversified views) through my Ph.D. research project which is the new factor to influence food and health seeking behaviors of the community people. I would like to involve in teaching at University.more
- Acharya, J., van Teijlingen, E., Murphy, J., Hind, M., Ellani, B. and Joshi, A., 2020. Exploring Food-Related Barriers and Impact on Preschool-Aged Children in Pokhara, Nepal: A Qualitative Review. Participation, 22 (20), 98-110.
- Van Teijlingen, E., Acharya, J., murphy, J. and Hind, M., 2015. Assessment of knowledge, beliefs and attitudes towards healthy diet among mothers in Kaski, Nepal. Participation, 17 (16), 61-72.
- Acharya, J., Van Teijlingen, E., Murphy, J. and Hind, M., 2015. Study on Nutritional Problems in Preschool Aged Children of Kaski District of Nepal. Journal of Multidisciplinary Research in Healthcare, 1 (2), 97-118.
- Acharya, J., Van Teijlingen, E., Murphy, J. and Hind, M., 2014. A comparative study of nutritional problems in preschool aged children in Nepal. International Journal of Community Nutrition, 0, 135.
- Acharya, J., van Teijlingen, E., Murphy, J. and Hind, M., 2020. Beliefs, attitudes and knowledge about a healthy diet among rural and urban mothers of Nepal. In: Micronutrient Forum 5 Global Conference 2020: Building New Evidence and Alliances for Improving Nutrition 23-27 March 2020 Bangkok, Thailand.
- Acharya, J., van Teijlingen, E., Ellahi, B., Pariyar, B., Subedi, K. and Dangal, M., 2019. A Healthy Food Supplementation Programme: A Pilot Study in Nepal. In: 6th Annual Scientific Symposium on Agriculture Nutrition Pathways & 25 Years of Nepal's Progress in Nutrition 27-29 November 2018 Kathmandu.
- Acharya, J., van Teijlingen, E., Ellahi, B., Pariyar, B., Subedi, K. and Dangal, M., 2018. Impact of Healthy Snacks on Children’s Health: An Overview of Pilot Study. In: Britain-Nepal Academic Council (BNAC) 16th Nepal Study Days 16-17 April 2018 Durham. http://bnac.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/BNAC-NSD-Durham-Programme.pdf BNAC.
- Acharya, J., van Teijlingen, E., Hind, M. and Murphy, J., 2017. Food belief practices amongst rural and urban mothers in Nepal: A qualitative overview. In: BNAC 15th Nepal Study Days, 12-13 April 2017, 12-13 April 2017 Bournemouth. http://bnac.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/BNAC-NSD-2017-Abstracts.pdf, 1-16 London: http://bnac.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/BNAC-NSD-2017-Abstracts.pdf.
- Acharya, J., van Teijlingen, E., murphy, J. and hind, M., 2016. ‘A Comparative Study on Nutritional Problems in Preschool Aged Children of Kaski district of Nepal’. In: Britain-Nepal Academic Council (BNAC) 14th Annual Nepal Study Days 15 April 2016 liverpool.
- Acharya, J., Van Teijlingen, E., Murphy, J. and Hind, M., 2015. A Comparative Study on Nutritional Problems in Preschool Aged Children of Nepal. In: “The Micronutrient Forum Global Conference – Bridging Discovery and Delivery 2-6 June 2014 Addis Ababa. European Journal of Nutrition & Food Safety, 5 (5), 389 SCIENCEDOMAIN international.
- Acharya, 2017. Knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviour of mothers of young children related to healthy eating: comparing rural and urban perspectives in Nepal. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences.
- Acharya and Acharya, 2001. Barriers to Uptake of Eye care Services for Leprosy Patients in Nepal. Master's Thesis. University College London.
- Jib Acharya, 2017. Knowledge, Attitudes, beliefs and behaviour of mothers of young children related to healthy eating: Comparing rural and urban perspectives in Nepal