Dr Julia Hibbert
- 01202 961048
- jhibbert at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in Marketing
- Dorset House D161, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Julia Hibbert is a Lecturer in Marketing and Programme Leader for the MSc Marketing Suite. She received her BA from the University of Lincoln and both her MA and PhD from Bournemouth University. She currently teaches across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes within the Faculty of Management. Her fascination with understanding people means that her research interests lie around consumer behaviour and the role of identity in the decision making process. Julia has worked in industry and has led successful marketing campaigns in the childcare sector.
- Gössling, S., Cohen, S.A. and Hibbert, J.F., 2018. Tourism as connectedness. Current Issues in Tourism, 21 (14), 1586-1600.
- Dickinson, J.E., Filimonau, V., Cherrett, T., Davies, N., Hibbert, J.F., Norgate, S. and Speed, C., 2018. Lift-share using mobile apps in tourism: The role of trust, sense of community and existing lift-share practices. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 61, 397-405.
- Connell, J., Page, S.J., Sheriff, I. and Hibbert, J., 2017. Business engagement in a civil society: Transitioning towards a dementia-friendly visitor economy. Tourism Management, 61, 110-128.
- Dickinson, J.E., Filimonau, V., Hibbert, J.F., Cherrett, T., Davies, N., Norgate, S., Speed, C. and Winstanley, C., 2017. Tourism communities and social ties: the role of online and offline tourist social networks in building social capital and sustainable practice. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 25 (2), 163-180.
- Dickinson, J.E., Hibbert, J.F., Filimonau, V., Cherrett, T., Davies, N., Norgate, S., Speed, C. and Winstanley, C., 2017. Implementing smartphone enabled collaborative travel: Routes to success in the tourism domain. Journal of Transport Geography, 59, 100-110.
- Dickinson, J.E., Hibbert, J.F. and Filimonau, V., 2016. Mobile technology and the tourist experience: (Dis)connection at the campsite. Tourism Management, 57, 193-201.
- Hibbert, J.F., 2016. Globalization in Practice. JOURNAL OF TRANSPORT GEOGRAPHY, 50, 128.
- Dickinson, J.E., Cherrett, T., Hibbert, J.F., Winstanley, C., Shingleton, D., Davies, N., Norgate, S. and Speed, C., 2015. Fundamental challenges in designing a collaborative travel app. Transport Policy, 44, 28-36.
- Hibbert, J.F., Dickinson, J.E., Gössling, S. and Curtin, S., 2013. Identity and tourism mobility: An exploration of the attitude-behaviour gap. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 21 (7), 999-1016.
- Hibbert, J.F., Dickinson, J.E. and Curtin, S., 2013. Understanding the influence of interpersonal relationships on identity and tourism travel. Anatolia.
- Day, R., Hitchings, R., Fox, E., Venn, S. and Hibbert, J.F., 2017. Leisure travel and the time of later life. Demanding Energy: Space, Time and Change. 183-200.
- Hibbert, J.F., Dickinson, J.E., Gössling, S. and Curtin, S., 2014. Identity and tourism mobility: An exploration of the attitude-behaviour gap. Understanding and Governing Sustainable Tourism Mobility: Psychological and Behavioural Approaches. 15-36.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Retail Consumer Experience and Behaviour
- Programme Leader, MSc Marketing Suite
- Omnichannel Strategy and Supply Chain Management
Profile of Teaching UG
- Consumer Behaviour and Market Research
- Omni-channel Retailing and Supply Chain Management
- Committee Member, Research Concordat Steering Group
- AdvanceHE, Fellow,
- Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Member,
External Media and Press
- Nine things you (probably) didn’t know about online grocery shopping., Which?, 19 Nov 2020. https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/11/nine-things-you-didnt-know-about-online-grocery-shopping/?utm_campaign=whichukt&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=ChristmasShopping1911&utm_term=twnews