Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Julia Hibbert is a Principal Academic in Marketing and Programme Leader for the MSc Marketing Suite. She received her BA from the University of Lincoln and both her MA and PhD from Bournemouth University. She currently teaches across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes within the Faculty of Management. Her fascination with understanding people means that her research interests lie around consumer behaviour and the role of identity in the decision making process. Julia's research and publications in this area demonstrates her status as an emerging thought leader in the field. Julia has worked in industry and has led successful marketing campaigns in the childcare sector.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
Sustainable cities and communities
"Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable"
Responsible consumption and production
"Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns"
- Gössling, S., Cohen, S.A. and Hibbert, J.F., 2018. Tourism as connectedness. Current Issues in Tourism, 21 (14), 1586-1600.
- Dickinson, J.E., Filimonau, V., Cherrett, T., Davies, N., Hibbert, J.F., Norgate, S. and Speed, C., 2018. Lift-share using mobile apps in tourism: The role of trust, sense of community and existing lift-share practices. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 61, 397-405.
- Connell, J., Page, S.J., Sheriff, I. and Hibbert, J., 2017. Business engagement in a civil society: Transitioning towards a dementia-friendly visitor economy. Tourism Management, 61, 110-128.
- Dickinson, J.E., Filimonau, V., Hibbert, J.F., Cherrett, T., Davies, N., Norgate, S., Speed, C. and Winstanley, C., 2017. Tourism communities and social ties: the role of online and offline tourist social networks in building social capital and sustainable practice. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 25 (2), 163-180.
- Dickinson, J.E., Hibbert, J.F., Filimonau, V., Cherrett, T., Davies, N., Norgate, S., Speed, C. and Winstanley, C., 2017. Implementing smartphone enabled collaborative travel: Routes to success in the tourism domain. Journal of Transport Geography, 59, 100-110.
- Dickinson, J.E., Hibbert, J.F. and Filimonau, V., 2016. Mobile technology and the tourist experience: (Dis)connection at the campsite. Tourism Management, 57, 193-201.
- Hibbert, J.F., 2016. Globalization in Practice. JOURNAL OF TRANSPORT GEOGRAPHY, 50, 128.
- Dickinson, J.E., Cherrett, T., Hibbert, J.F., Winstanley, C., Shingleton, D., Davies, N., Norgate, S. and Speed, C., 2015. Fundamental challenges in designing a collaborative travel app. Transport Policy, 44, 28-36.
- Hibbert, J.F., Dickinson, J.E., Gössling, S. and Curtin, S., 2013. Identity and tourism mobility: An exploration of the attitude-behaviour gap. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 21 (7), 999-1016.
- Hibbert, J.F., Dickinson, J.E. and Curtin, S., 2013. Understanding the influence of interpersonal relationships on identity and tourism travel. Anatolia.
- Day, R., Hitchings, R., Fox, E., Venn, S. and Hibbert, J.F., 2017. Leisure travel and the time of later life. Demanding Energy: Space, Time and Change. 183-200.
- Hibbert, J.F., Dickinson, J.E., Gössling, S. and Curtin, S., 2014. Identity and tourism mobility: An exploration of the attitude-behaviour gap. Understanding and Governing Sustainable Tourism Mobility: Psychological and Behavioural Approaches. 15-36.
- Dickinson, J., Hibbert, J., Speed, C. and Cherrett, T., 2015. Collaborative Travel Apps, Reciprocity and the Internet of Things. In: UTSG 5-8 January 2015 London.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Retail Consumer Experience and Behaviour
- Programme Leader, MSc Marketing Suite
- Omnichannel Strategy and Supply Chain Management
Profile of Teaching UG
- Consumer Behaviour and Market Research
- Omni-channel Retailing and Supply Chain Management
- Global Strategic Marketing
- Chair of Preliminary Panel, MSI Academic Offences Panel
- Committee Member, Research Concordat Steering Group
- PhD in Tourism, travel and identity (Bournemouth University, 2013)
- AdvanceHE, Fellow,
- Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Member,
External Media and Press
- Nine things you (probably) didn’t know about online grocery shopping., Which?, 19 Nov 2020. https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/11/nine-things-you-didnt-know-about-online-grocery-shopping/?utm_campaign=whichukt&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=ChristmasShopping1911&utm_term=twnews