Dr Kari Davies
- kadavies at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic in Psychology
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Rockowitz, S., Wagner, K., Cooper, R., Stevens, L., Davies, K., Woodhams, J., Kanja, W. and Flowe, H.D., 2024. A Systematic Review of Criminal Justice Initiatives to Strengthen the Criminal Investigation and Prosecution of Sexual Violence in East Africa. Trauma, Violence, and Abuse, 25 (1), 813-827.
- Gekoski, A., Massey, K., Allen, K., Ferreira, J., Dalton, C.T., Horvath, M. and Davies, K., 2023. ‘A lot of the time it’s dealing with victims who don’t want to know, it’s all made up, or they’ve got mental health’: Rape myths in a large English police force. International Review of Victimology.
- Gekoski, A., Davies, K. and Allen, K., 2023. Barriers and challenges to police and Crown Prosecution Service joint working on rape and serious sexual offence cases: A police perspective. POLICING-A JOURNAL OF POLICY AND PRACTICE, 17.
- Davies, K., Spence, R., Cummings, E., Cross, M. and Horvath, M.A.H., 2022. Understanding sexual violence and factors related to police outcomes. Frontiers in Psychology, 13.
- Pang, Y., Davies, K. and Liu, Y., 2022. Changes in Certitude, Adherence, and Attitude: Immediate Effects of Rape Myth Intervention on Jurors in a Mock Trial. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19 (16).
- Ji, Z., Rockowitz, S., Flowe, H.D., Stevens, L.M., Kanja, W. and Davies, K., 2022. Reflections on Increasing the Value of Data on Sexual Violence Incidents against Children to Better Prevent and Respond to Sexual Offending in Kenya. Societies, 12 (3).
- Spence, R., Horvath, M.A.H., Dalton, C.T. and Davies, K., 2022. Impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on reporting of rape, serious sexual offences, and domestic abuse in one English police force. Journal of Gender-Based Violence, 6 (2), 242-260.
- Stevens, L.M., Reid, E., Kanja, W., Rockowitz, S., Davies, K., Dosanjh, S., Findel, B. and Flowe, H.D., 2022. The Kenyan Survivors of Sexual Violence Network: Preserving Memory Evidence with a Bespoke Mobile Application to Increase Access to Vital Services and Justice. Societies, 12 (1).
- Woodhams, J., Davies, K., Galambos, S. and Webb, M., 2021. A Descriptive Analysis of the Temporal and Geographical Proximities Seen Within UK Series of Sex Offenses. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 36 (4), 706-715.
- Davies, K., Imre, H. and Woodhams, J., 2021. The utility of the Violent Crime Linkage Analysis System for conducting comparative case analysis. Journal of Criminological Research, Policy and Practice, 7 (1), 77-90.
- May, H., Kloess, J.A., Davies, K. and Hamilton-Giachritsis, C.E., 2021. Young People’s Experiences of Attending a Theater-in-Education Program on Child Sexual Exploitation. Frontiers in Psychology, 11.
- Davies, K. and Woodhams, J., 2019. The practice of crime linkage: A review of the literature. Journal of Investigative Psychology and Offender Profiling, 16 (3), 169-200.
- Davies, K., Tonkin, M., Bull, R. and Bond, J.W., 2012. The Course of Case Linkage Never Did Run Smooth: A New Investigation to Tackle the Behavioural Changes in Serial Car Theft. Journal of Investigative Psychology and Offender Profiling, 9 (3), 274-295.
- Woodhams, J. and Davies, K., 2021. The use of crime linkage in sexual offense cases. Criminal Investigations of Sexual Offenses: Techniques and Challenges. 49-63.
- Davies, K., Woodhams, J. and Tonkin, M., 2019. Reviewing the use of crime linkage evidence within a legal context. The Routledge International Handbook of Legal and Investigative Psychology. 198-211.
- Law, M., Sautory, T., Mitchener, L., Davies, K., Tonkin, M., Woodhams, J. and Alrajeh, D., 2022. Learning to Rank the Distinctiveness of Behaviour in Serial Offending. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 13416 LNAI, 484-497.