Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Nicola "Nick” Coppola is currently a part time lecturer in Law at Bournemouth University. He is working on a PhD project relating to the policy developments regarding Geographical Indications in the European Union. Member of the Italian Bar, he has been involved in an official evaluation project regarding the rural development programme of the EU. He is also a contributor to IP/food law journals, and gives talks and invited lectures on GIs to various organizations and HE institutions both in the UK and overseas.
- Coppola, 2014. The CJEU confirms the exclusive character of the EU competence in PDO/PGI schemes. Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, 9 (9), 717-718.
- Coppola, 2014. The Protection Of Geographical Indications Between Domain Names And Free Trade Agreements. Rivista di Diritto Alimentare, 7 (4).
Profile of Teaching PG
- LLM Dissertation Supervision_LLM International Commercial Law_Bournemouth University_ 2013-2014
Profile of Teaching UG
- Law of the EU_P/T
- Law of the European Union P/T (2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014)
- GIs protection_Master’s course in Food Law_ University of Alessandria, Italy, 7 June 2013
- GIs and the WTO_ Bournemouth University LLM_15 Nov 2012
- GIs and the WTO_ Bournemouth University LLM_31 Oct 2013
- GIs and Intellectual property_ University of Buckingham LLB + LLM_9 May 2014
- “Can GIs be used as a marketing tool?” - BU MA Media and Communication
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Speech on GIs and TRIPs_EU Commission Milan, Italy_10 June 2013
- BU Festival of Learning_Talk on legal protection of local food_Bournemouth 9 June 2014
- The Innovation Society and Intellectual Property - 16th EIPIN, 29 Jan 2015, Maastricht, The Nederlands
- Avvocato/Lawyer in Law (Italian Law Society, 2005)
- Bar of Avellino, Italy, Member (2005-),
- EFLA - European Food Lawyers Association