Dr Reda Abdelkareem
- rabdelkareem at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Business Strategy
- Dorset House D152, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Reda is a Lecturer of Business Strategy at the Department of Marketing, Strategy and Innovation a member of Centre for Sustainable Business Transformations at Bournemouth University Business School. He earned his PhD from Bangor University, UK in Strategic Management (2019). Dr. Abdelkareem specializes in quantitative research and his fascination with understanding SMEs struggles that his research interests lie around decision-making, eco-innovation and green practices. His research has led to numerous publications in high-ranking journals. His work has been published in the Journal of Cleaner Production, Journal of Information Science, International Journal of Innovation Science, Cogent Business & Management, and International Journal of Procurement Management. He is a member of Editorial Review Boards for several academic journals. He has won an award of Outstanding Reviewer in the 2023 Emerald Literati Awards, selected by the editorial team of the Journal of Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies... Prior to joining Bournemouth University, he was a Lecturer at Business Administration Department, at Kafrelsheikh University, Egypt.more
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
"Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts"
- Mady, K., Battour, M., Aboelmaged, M. and Abdelkareem, R.S., 2023. Linking internal environmental capabilities to sustainable competitive advantage in manufacturing SMEs: The mediating role of eco-innovation. Journal of Cleaner Production, 417.
- Abdelkareem, R.S. and Augustyn, M.M., 2023. Knowledge visualisation and strategic decision-making outcomes in small and medium-sized enterprises. Journal of Information Science.
- Mady, K., Abdul Halim, M.A.S., Omar, K., Battour, M. and Abdelkareem, R.S., 2023. Environmental pressures and eco-innovation in manufacturing SMEs: the mediating effect of environmental capabilities. International Journal of Innovation Science.
- Mady, K., Abdul Halim, M.A.S., Omar, K., Abdelkareem, R.S. and Battour, M., 2022. Institutional pressure and eco-innovation: The mediating role of green absorptive capacity and strategically environmental orientation among manufacturing SMEs in Egypt. Cogent Business and Management, 9 (1).
- Abdelkareem, R., 2021. Integrating student engagement with the DeLone & McLean model to assess the effectiveness of Online Learning System during COVID-19 pandemic. Scientific Journal for financial and commercial studies Researches (SJFCSR), 2 (1), 384-424.
- Abdelkareem, R.S. and Mady, K., 2022. Reinvigorating mission statement to enhance firm performance through CSR practices: evidence from Egyptian SMEs.
- Abdelkareem, R., Battour, M. and Al-Awlaqi, M., 2022. Entrepreneurial Orientation, Dynamic Capabilities, and Business Processes Performance: Evidence from Egyptian SMEs.
Profile of Teaching PG
- MGMT7056- Global Strategic Management
- MGT7003 - Business Strategy and Finance
Profile of Teaching UG
- MRKT6032 - Global Strategic Marketing
- PhD in Management studies (Bangor University, UK, 2019)
- MSc in Management studies (Menoufia University, Egypt, 2014)
- He has won an award of Outstanding Reviewer in the 2023 Emerald Literati Awards (Emerald Literati Awards, 2023)
- Higher Education Academy, Associate Fellow (2022-),