- 01202 961326
- rmthompson at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- University Practice Learning Adviser
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I have started at Bournemouth University in 2021, prior to this I worked as a lecturer for Canterbury Christ Church University for three years. My background within nursing is in prisons and infection control, as well as the emergency department and primary care. I am teaching on several units at the university including communication and nursing theory and application.
- Heaslip, V., Holland, S., Thompson, R., Tauringana, M. and Glendening, N., 2022. Addressing health inequity in the UK: people who are homeless, from ethnic minority groups or LGBTQ+ communities. Practice Nursing, 33 (3).
- Heaslip, V., Thompson, R., Tauringana, M., Holland, S. and Glendening, N., 2022. Health inequity in the UK: exploring health inequality and inequity. Practice Nursing, 33 (2), 84-88.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Communication, nursing theory and application, Service Improvement Project and Improving safety and quality of care
- MSc in Public Health (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- BSc (Hons) in Nursing (Adult) (Bournemouth University, 2010)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2020-),
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Member (2010-),
- Royal College of Nursing, Member (2007-),