Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I have worked in community mental health teams for adults experiencing severe and enduring mental health issues since qualifying. Post qualifying, I was able to specialise in this area and underwent training to become an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP). I also have experience as a safeguarding adult practitioner, have worked within a multi-disciplinary team delivering Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, have worked as a Best Interest Assessor (BIA) and have acted as an authorised signatory for Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards applications.
For two years, I had a role assisting the Principal Social Worker for adults in the Bournemouth area. This role supported strategic management and, involved working with all teams within the Local Authority, developing key policies and procedures which are compliant with current legislation, networking with other Local Authorities, implementing key practice changes, undertaking audits, training needs analyses, supporting the development of newly qualified social workers, implementing training, and workforce development functions... I have also undertaken a practice education qualification.
Prior to this I worked within financial services and undertook a qualification in counselling and psychotherapy. This sparked my interest originally in training to become a social worker.
I will be embarking on Phd study as part of my professional development in my current role as a lecturer for both BA and MA social work students.
· I have strong interests in the field of mental health, in particular understanding emotional crisis and effective responses to this.
· I am a qualified practice educator and am also interested in the role and influence of effective supervision within practice. As a practitioner I understand the importance of receiving good quality supervision to provide foundations for creative and robust practice.more
Profile of Teaching PG
- Mental Health and Substance Use (MA Social Work)
- Practice Learning - First Substantive Placement (MA Social Work)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Safeguarding Adult Awareness (BA and MA) - placement preparation
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Practice Learning - First Substantive Placement
- Practice Educator Learning Partnership, Representative and member (2018-)
- Graduate Certificate in Practice Education in Practice Education (Social Work) (Bournemouth University, 2017)
- Advanced Diploma Counselling & Psychotherapy in Counselling and Psychotherapy (CPCAB, 2002)
- BA (Hons) in History (Southampton University, 1998)
- BA (Hons) in Social Work (Southampton Solent University, 2007)
- MA in Advanced Mental Health Practice (Bournemouth University, 2015)
- British Association of Social Workers (BASW), Member (2010-),
- HCPC (formerly GSCC), Member (2007-),