Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Stefan Kleipoedszus qualified as a Social Pedagogue from the Leuphana University in Lüneburg (Germany) and has since than worked as a researcher for the Thomas Coram Research Unit at the University of London, a Social Worker in Child Protection Teams in the Southwest of England, a manager of statutory social work Teams and a Principal Social Worker before joining Bournemouth University in 2015. At Bournemouth University Stefan is a Program Leader of a Qualifying Social Work Program at Bournemouth University.
His research covers the reintegration of women prisoners into employment, prevent juvenile delinquency, Children’s Homes and Social Pedagogy. Currently Stefan who is also a PhD Candidate at Centre for Seldom Heard Voices: Marginalisation and Societal Integration at Bournemouth University is involved in research on Decision Making in Social Work, experiences of children in out-of-home-care and the early identification of Adverse Childhood Experiences using arts based methods. In current and previous research projects Stefan has applied qualitative and quantitative research methods and has in depth knowledge about the use of Qualitative Data Analysis Software (Atlas Ti, NVivo), SPSS, MATLAB and the statistical programming language R.
Knowledge Strategies for making safeguarding decisions in Social Work
Who Listens? The experiences of being listened to for children in out of home care.
Trauma Informed Care. Professional Responses to Adverse Childhood Experiences.
Implementing Social Pedagogy in English Residential Child Care
- Kleipoedszus, S., 2019. Kinder- und Jugendhilfe in England. Jugendhilfe, 57 (1), 6-12.
- Clark, A., Cameron, C. and Kleipoedszus, S., 2014. Sense of place in children’s residential care homes: perceptions of home? Scottish Journal of Residential Child Care, 13 (2).
- Kleipoedszus, S. and Leanne, 2019. My Child was taken into care. In: Hughes, M., ed. A Guide to Statutory Social Work Interventions. The Lived Experience. London: Red Globe Press, 95-107.
- Kleipoedszus, S., 2011. Communication and Conflict: An important part of social pedagogic relationships. In: Cameron, C. and Moss, P., eds. Social Pedagogy and Working with Children and Young People Where Care and Education Meet. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 125-140.
- Cameron, C., Petrie, P., Wigfall, V. and Kleipoedszus, S., 2011. Final Report of the Social Pedagogy Pilot Programme: development and implementation. Thomas Coram Research Unit.
- Simulated Child Protection Conference, 2017. Film.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Law and Social Policy for Social Work with Children and Families
- The Child’s Journey
- Parenting Capacity for Social Work with Children and Families
- Working with Risk and Complexity for Child and Family Social Workers
- Models, Methods and Approaches for Social Work Intervention for Child and Family Social Work
- Models, Methods and Approaches for Social Work Intervention (MA)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Models, Methods and Approaches for Social Work Intervention (BA Hons)
- Department Social Work and Social Sciences Global Engagement Lead, Global Engagement
- Global Festival of Learning Europe, 16 Apr 2018, Berlin/ Germany
- PGCE in Educational Practice (Bournemouth University, 2017)
- MA in Social Pedagogy (Leuphana University Lüneburg, 2003)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2017-), https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2017-),
- British Association of Social Workers, Member (2011-), https://www.basw.co.uk/
- Network of European Schools of Social Work (SocNet98)