Dr Svetla Stoyanova-Bozhkova
- 01202 965264
- sstoyanovabozhkova at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Deputy Head of Department in People & Organisations
- Dorset House D151, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Sustainable cities and communities
"Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable"
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., Binti, A. and Gbadamosi, G., 2023. The ecosystem of disability inclusion in hospitality and tourism (H&T) organisations: A review and research agenda. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., Paskova, T. and Buhalis, D., 2022. Emotional intelligence: a competitive advantage for tourism and hospitality managers. Tourism Recreation Research, 47 (4), 359-371.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2022. Transitology. In: Buhalis, D., ed. Encyclopedia of Tourism Management and Marketing. ElgarOnline, 567-569.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2022. Tourism Development and Mass Tourism: A Stakeholders' Perspective. In: Janta, H., Andriotis, K. and Stylidis, D., eds. Tourism Development and Planning in Eastern Europe. CABI Publishing.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2022. Managerial Roles. In: Buhalis, D., ed. Encyclopedia of Tourism Management and Marketing. ElgarOnline, 123-125.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2020. Strategic and transformative tourism education as a valuable approach to educating for sustainable development. In: Seraphin, H. and Yallop, A., eds. Overtourism and Tourism Education: A Strategy for Sustainable Tourism. Routledge.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2020. Troubled sustainability: Coastal tourism in Bulgaria—20 years later. Tourism Development in Post-Soviet Nations: From Communism to Capitalism. 125-141.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., Edwards, J. and Vaughan, R., 2008. Tourism Development on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast: a Review. Proceedings of the IASK International Conference Advances in Tourism Research, May 2008, Aveiro, Portugal. IASK.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2023. The role of leadership in improving employee wellbeing and building resilience in a changing world. In: TTRA - Europe Chapter 24-27 April 2023 Dijon, France.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2020. Transformative approaches to educating for sustainable development. In: Tourism Education Futures Initiative 7-10 June 2020 St John University/ Virtual conference.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2018. Sustainable Development and Coastal Tourism: A Stakeholders’ Perspective. In: 68th AIEST Conference of Ideas 26-30 August 2018 Treviso, Italy.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2017. Sustainability and Coastal Tourism in Transition. In: 4th World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality 8-11 December 2017 Orlando, Florida.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2017. Action-Based and Experience-Based Learning in the areas of Tourism &Hospitality: practical approaches to co-creation of the curriculum. In: The Visitor Economy: Strategies and Innovations 4-6 September 2017 Bournemouth University, Bournemouth.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S. and Moin, S.M.A., 2016. Discover your Research DNA: Strategy to crack the code of publishing. In: Coventry University Conference 2016 Creating Better Futures, Sub-theme: Best Practice Showcases - Teaching & Learning, Research, Internationalisation, Enterprise and Professional Services Support 23 June-24 January 2017 Coventry University.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S. and Moin, S.M.A., 2016. The pace of innovation and the future of traditional teaching: How to face the challenges of online teaching and manage the expectations of millennial learners? In: Coventry University Conference 2016 Creating Better Futures, Sub-theme: Sharing Practices Technology as an Enabler and Tool for Transformation 23-24 June 2016 Coventry University.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2015. Creating impact through pedagogy: Use of Audience Response Systems (ARS) in the HE Teaching and Learning Context. In: ATHE Annual Conference Creating Impact, 10-11 December 2015, Oxford 10 September 2017-11 December 2015 Oxford.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2015. Use of Audience Response Systems (ARS) in the HE Teaching and Learning Context. In: HEA Conference, Teaching and Learning in Social Sciences conference: Inspire, support and share excellent practice in social science teaching and learning 26-27 November 2015 Manchester.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2011. Tourism development in transition economies: an evaluation of the development of tourism at a Black sea coastal destination during political and socio-economic transition. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Management.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2017. Sustainable Event Management: a Practical Guide. Published.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2017. Book reviews: Mass Tourism in a Small World. Taylor & Francis onlie. Published online.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2011. Book Review: Mundt, J.W. Tourism and Sustainable Development: Reconsidering a Concept of Vague Policies. Published.
Profile of Teaching PG
- PG Tourism and Hospitality Framework - Tourism and Hospitality Industries - Unit leader
- PG Dissertation supervisor
Profile of Teaching UG
- UG Dissertation supervisor
- Tourism Strategy and Change, Level 6, Unit leader.
- Investigating Hospitality, Level 5, Unit Leader
- Leadership and Professionalism, Level 6
- Managing Hospitality, Level 6
- Marketing for Tourism and Hospitality, Level 4
- Destination Development and Management, Level 5
- Help To Grow, Senior and executive level coach and mentor (2022-), https://www.enterprisenation.com/learn-something/meet-the-mentor-svetla-stoyanova-bozhkova/
- Head of Accreditations, Department of Tourism and Hospitality
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Voluntary Business Mentoring (01 Jan 2014)
- External examining
- External Examining
- External Examining
- 68th AIEST Conference, Sustainable Development and Coastal Tourism: A Stakeholders’ Perspective, 26 Aug 2018, Treviso, Italy
- 4th World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality, Sustainability and Coastal Tourism in Transition, 08 Dec 2017, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Book Proposals Reviewer, Consultancy. Routledge, Goodfellow Publishers
- CMI mentor, Mentoring/Coaching. Chartered Management Institute
- Business mentor (Enterprise Nation/Help to Grow & Association of Business Mentors, 2022)
- Chartered Manager (Chartered Management Institute, 2014)
- Senior Fellowship (HEA, 2014)
- Association of Business Mentors, Associate (2022-), https://www.associationofbusinessmentors.org/
- British Academy of Management, Member (2017-), https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=british+academy+of+management
- Chartered Management Institute, Chartered Manager (2014-), http://www.managers.org.uk/