Dr Svetla Stoyanova-Bozhkova
- 01202 965264
- sstoyanovabozhkova at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Deputy Head of Department in People & Organisations
- Dorset House D151, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2020. Strategic and transformative tourism education as a valuable approach to educating for sustainable development. In: Seraphin, H. and Yallop, A., eds. Overtourism and Tourism Education: A Strategy for Sustainable Tourism. Routledge.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2020. Troubled sustainability: Coastal tourism in Bulgaria—20 years later. Tourism Development in Post-Soviet Nations: From Communism to Capitalism. 125-141.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., Edwards, J. and Vaughan, R., 2008. Tourism Development on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast: a Review. Proceedings of the IASK International Conference Advances in Tourism Research, May 2008, Aveiro, Portugal. IASK.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2020. Transformative approaches to educating for sustainable development. In: Tourism Education Futures Initiative 7-10 June 2020 St John University/ Virtual conference.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2018. Sustainable Development and Coastal Tourism: A Stakeholders’ Perspective. In: 68th AIEST Conference of Ideas 26-30 August 2018 Treviso, Italy.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2017. Sustainability and Coastal Tourism in Transition. In: 4th World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality 8-11 December 2017 Orlando, Florida.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2017. Action-Based and Experience-Based Learning in the areas of Tourism &Hospitality: practical approaches to co-creation of the curriculum. In: The Visitor Economy: Strategies and Innovations 4-6 September 2017 Bournemouth University, Bournemouth.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S. and Moin, S.M.A., 2016. Discover your Research DNA: Strategy to crack the code of publishing. In: Coventry University Conference 2016 Creating Better Futures, Sub-theme: Best Practice Showcases - Teaching & Learning, Research, Internationalisation, Enterprise and Professional Services Support 23 June-24 January 2017 Coventry University.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S. and Moin, S.M.A., 2016. The pace of innovation and the future of traditional teaching: How to face the challenges of online teaching and manage the expectations of millennial learners? In: Coventry University Conference 2016 Creating Better Futures, Sub-theme: Sharing Practices Technology as an Enabler and Tool for Transformation 23-24 June 2016 Coventry University.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2015. Creating impact through pedagogy: Use of Audience Response Systems (ARS) in the HE Teaching and Learning Context. In: ATHE Annual Conference Creating Impact, 10-11 December 2015, Oxford 10 September 2017-11 December 2015 Oxford.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2015. Use of Audience Response Systems (ARS) in the HE Teaching and Learning Context. In: HEA Conference, Teaching and Learning in Social Sciences conference: Inspire, support and share excellent practice in social science teaching and learning 26-27 November 2015 Manchester.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2011. Tourism development in transition economies: an evaluation of the development of tourism at a Black sea coastal destination during political and socio-economic transition. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Management.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2017. Sustainable Event Management: a Practical Guide. Published.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2017. Book reviews: Mass Tourism in a Small World. Taylor & Francis onlie. Published online.
- Stoyanova-Bozhkova, S., 2011. Book Review: Mundt, J.W. Tourism and Sustainable Development: Reconsidering a Concept of Vague Policies. Published.
Profile of Teaching PG
- PG Tourism and Hospitality Framework - Tourism and Hospitality Industries - Unit leader
- PG Dissertation supervisor
Profile of Teaching UG
- UG Dissertation supervisor
- Tourism Strategy and Change, Level 6, Unit leader.
- Investigating Hospitality, Level 5, Unit Leader
- Leadership and Professionalism, Level 6
- Managing Hospitality, Level 6
- Marketing for Tourism and Hospitality, Level 4
- Destination Development and Management, Level 5
- Head of Accreditations, Department of Tourism and Hospitality
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Subject External Examiner for Business Management programmes at the University of Cumbria
- External Examiner for MBA programmes at the UWTSD
- External Examiner at Oxford Brookes University, BSc International Hospitality Management
- 68th AIEST Conference, Sustainable Development and Coastal Tourism: A Stakeholders’ Perspective, 26 Aug 2018, Treviso, Italy
- 4th World Research Summit for Tourism and Hospitality, Sustainability and Coastal Tourism in Transition, 08 Dec 2017, Orlando, Florida, USA
- Book Proposals Reviewer, Consultancy. Routledge, Goodfellow Publishers
- CMI mentor, Mentoring/Coaching. Chartered Management Institute
- Senior Fellowship (HEA, 2014)
- Chartered Manager (Chartered Management Institute, 2014)
- British Academy of Management, Member (2017-), https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=british+academy+of+management
- Chartered Management Institute, Chartered Manager (2014-), http://www.managers.org.uk/
The data on this page was last updated at 04:21 on October 23, 2020.