Dr Andrew Mayers
- 01202 961871
- amayers at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic in Psychology
- Poole House P112, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am an academic psychologist specialising in mental health, particularly perinatal mental illness and young people's mental health. I actively campaign for raising better awareness for mental health, and challenge stigma and discrimination. I serve on several local and national advisory groups for maternal mental illness. I am a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (RSA), as a refection of my work with young people's mental health. I act as Patron for the Samaritans of Bournemouth and District and Patron and for Dorset Mind. I am Chair of trustees for ActsFast, a charity based in Dorset. that supports families who care for victims of child sexual abuse. I work closely with Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation NHS Trust (DHUFT) and Dorset Police (in association with Dorset Police and Crime Commissioner) on the mental health street triage. I have been appointed as Executive Producer for the Mordue Pictures feature film A Quiet Storm, and I am acting as advisor on their animated mental health documentary Mad World...
You can read more about my work at www.andrewmayers.info
Or follow me on Twitter @DrAndyMayersmore
- Noone, S., Innes, A., Kelly, F. and Mayers, A., 2017. "The nourishing soil of the soul': The role of horticultural therapy in promoting well-being in community-dwelling people with dementia. DEMENTIA-INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SOCIAL RESEARCH AND PRACTICE, 16 (7), 897-910.
- Everett, H., Baldwin, D.S., Mayers, A., Malizia, A.L. and Wilson, S., 2013. Antidepressants for insomnia (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
- Talat, B., Mayers, A. and Baldwin, D.S., 2013. Quality of case reports of adverse drug reactions with psychotropic drugs: A 25-year review. Human Psychopharmacology, 28 (5), 413-420.
- Pritchard, C., Mayers, A. and Baldwin, D., 2013. Changing patterns of neurological mortality in the 10 major developed countries - 1979-2010. Public Health, 127, 757-766.
- Mayers, A., Talat, B. and Baldwin, D., 2013. Quality of case reports of adverse drug reactions with psychotropic drugs. Human Psychopharmacology.
- Mayers, A., Mayers, A. et al., 2010. Weigh the benefits of treatment against the increase in the risk of falls when using antidepressant therapy in the elderly. Drugs and Therapy Perspectives, 26 (2), 23-26.
- Mayers, A.G., Grabbau, E.A.S., Campbell, C. and Baldwin, D.S., 2009. Subjective sleep, depression and anxiety: inter-relationships in a non-clinical sample. Human Psychopharmacoloy: Clinical and Experimental, 24, 495-501.
- Steadman, J., Pawlby, S., Mayers, A.G., Bucks, R., Miele Norton, M., Gregoire, A. and Hogan, A.M., 2007. An Exploratory Study of the Relationship between Mother-Infant Interaction and Maternal Cognitive Function in Mothers with Mental Illness. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 25, 255-269.
- Mayers, A.G. and Baldwin, D.S., 2006. The relationship between sleep disturbance and depression: A review. International Journal of Psychiatry in Clinical Practice, 10, 2-16.
- Mayers, A.G. and Baldwin, D.S., 2005. Antidepressants and their effect on sleep: a systematic review. Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental, 20, 533-559.
- Pritchard, C., Baldwin, D.S. and Mayers, A.G., 2004. Changing Patterns of Adult (45-74 years) Neurological Deaths in the Major Western World Countries 1979-97. Public Health, 118, 268-283.
- Baldwin, D.S., Mayers, A.G. and Elgie, R., 2003. Suicide in Psychiatric Inpatients. Clinical Risk, 9, 229-232.
- Tabiner, M., Youings, S., Dennis, M., Baldwin, D.S., Buis, C., Mayers, A.G., Jacobs, P.A. and Crolla, J.A., 2003. Failure to Find DUP25 in Patients with Anxiety Disorders, in Control Individuals, or in Previously Reported Positive Control Cell Lines. American Journal of Human Genetics, 72, 535-538.
- Mayers, A.G., van Hooff, J.C. and Baldwin, D.S., 2003. Assessing subjective sleep reports in the first degree relatives of antidepressant treated depressed outpatients. Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental, 18, 207-214.
- Mayers, A.G., van Hooff, J.C. and Baldwin, D.S., 2003. Quantifying subjective assessment of sleep and life-quality in antidepressant-treated depressed patients. Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental, 18, 21-27.
- Mayers, A.G., Baldwin, D.S., Dyson, R., Middleton, R. and Mustapha, A., 2003. Use of St John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum L) in members of a depression self-help organisation: a twelve-week open prospective pilot study using the HADS scale. Primary Care Psychiatry, 9, 15-20.
- Mayers, A.G. and Baldwin, D.S., 2003. Drug Treatment of Social Anxiety Disorder. Current Medical Literature: Psychiatry, 14, 55-60.
- Baldwin, D.S. and Mayers, A.G., 2003. Sexual Side Effects of Antidepressant and Antipsychotic Drugs. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, 9, 202-210.
- Dyson, R., Baldwin, D.S., Mayers, A.G., Tiernan, A. and Jenkins, G., 2002. The reported use and effectiveness of Hypericum (St John’s wort) on affective symptoms in a depression self-help group. Primary Care Psychiatry, 8, 99-102.
- Baldwin, D.S., Buis, C. and Mayers, A.G., 2002. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, 2, 717-724.
- Mayers, A., 2013. Introduction to Statistics and SPSS in Psychology. Harlow: Pearson Education.
- Baldwin, D.S., Mayers, A.G. and Lambert, A., 2004. Sexual dysfunction. In: Haddad, P.M., Dersun, S. and Deakin, B., eds. Adverse syndromes and psychiatric drugs: A Clinical Guide. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.
- Baldwin, D.S. and Mayers, A.G., 2002. Epidemiology of anxiety disorders. In: Lader, M., ed. Fast Facts - Psychiatry Highlights 2001-02. Abingdon, England: Health Press.
- Moyers-Ruiz, L., Thompson, S.B.N., Hickish, T. and Mayers, A., 2014. Prospective memory and cognitive impairment in breast cancer patients. In: 4th International Conference on Prospective Memory 26-30 May 2014 Suor Orsola Benincasa University, Naples.
- Moyers-Ruiz, L., Thompson, S.B.N., Hickish, T. and Mayers, A., 2013. Cognitive decline as a result of impaired sleep and glucose levels during chemotherapy treatment in breast cancer patients. In: American Society of Clinical Oncology 31 May-4 June 2013 McCormick Place, Chicago, USA.
- Pritchard, C., Baldwin, D. and Mayers, A., 2010. Increased neurological adult (aged 45-74) deaths between 1979-2006 in the Western world: diagnostic artefact, Gompertzian hypothesis or an environmental explanation? 602.
- Pritchard, C., 2010. A Changing patterns of neurological adult deaths in the Major Developed Countries 1979-2006: An epigenetic explanation. In: EFNS Geneva 2010: 14th Congress of the European Federation of neurological Societies 25-27 September 2010 Geneva, Switzerland.
- Sarah Noone. Back to Nature: Exploring the impact of a community-based horticultural therapy scheme upon the well-being, quality of life and community integration of people living with dementia
- Sarah Hambidge. Care farming: providing better futures for young and old
- Ashley Mitchell. ‘Can we fix it?!’: Understanding the impact of children’s hospices on parental relationships of life limited and threatened children and young people
- Liliana Moyers. Chemo-Brain
- Lauren Kita. Poor sleep as a risk factor for postnatal depression
Profile of Teaching UG
- Clinical Psychology
- Experimental Methods and Statistical Analysis II
Community perinatal mental health, Reading Pavilion, 09 Nov 2017 more
Mental Health Begins in the Womb: Conference focusing on perinatal and infant mental health though pregnancy and first two years postpartum
Perinatal mental health, York Racecourse, 07 Oct 2013 more
Unison CPHVA Annual Professional Conference, York, October 2013
Sleep and mental health, University of Southampton, 15 Sep 2011 more
Falling Asleep, Staying Awake! – Sleep Disorders: Southampton, September 2011
- Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust, Governor (2017-), https://www.dorsethealthcare.nhs.uk/join-us/governors/members-council-governors
- Mordue Pictures, Executive Producer (2017-), https://www.morduepictures.com/aquietstorm; A Quiet Storm
- Dorset Mind, Patron (2015-), http://www.dorsetmind.org.uk/
- Acts Fast, Chair of Trustees (2015-), http://actsfast.org.uk/
- Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experiemental, Managing Editor (2011-), http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1099-1077/homepage/EditorialBoard.html
- Samaritans of Bournemouth and District, Patron (2010-)
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Exhbibition and conference
- The 1001 Critical Days APPG is a cross-party initiative aimed at ensuring that children get the very best start in life (1001 days equate to the period pregnancy through a child's second birthday). I am part of the group that focuses on establishing that high quality maternal mental health services are available to all women across the UK. We meet in Parliament three times each year
- POSADEM - developing a European PG programme about being positive about dementia
- Oh, for a good night’s sleep! BU Festival of Learning, June 2013
- NHS Health visitor training, on postnatal depression
- Maternal Mental Illness: Managing Risk Factors BU Festival of Learning, June 2014
- Children's sleep workshops - Bournemouth primary schools
- Children’s sleep. What goes wrong? What can we do? BU Festival of Learning, June 2014
- Children’s sleep. What goes wrong? What can we do? BU Festival of Learning, June 2013
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (Southampton Solent University, 1998)
- PhD in Subjective sleep dissatisfaction in depression (Southampton Solent University, 2006)
- British Association for Psychopharmacology, Member (1998-),
- British Psychological Society, Member (1998-),
- British Sleep Spciety, Member (1998-),
- Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust, Governor (2017-), https://dorsethealthcare.nhs.uk/join-us/governors/members-council-governors
- Maternal Mental Health Allaince, Member (2014-), http://maternalmentalhealthalliance.org.uk/
- Royal Society of Arts, Fellow (2017-), https://www.thersa.org/
External Media and Press
- 100626 Bournemouth Echo: Educators tackle children's sleep issues, Bournemouth Echo, 26 Jun 2010. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/8243113.Educators_tackle_children_s_sleep_issues/
- 101009 Bournemouth Echo: We need our sleep for our health’s sake, Bournemouth Echo, 09 Oct 2010. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/8442329.We_need_our_sleep_for_our_health___s_sake/
- 101216 Bournemouth Echo: Sweet dreams are made of this, Bournemouth Echo, 16 Dec 2010. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/features/8740083.Sweet_dreams_are_made_of_this/
- 111222 Bournemouth Echo: Callers to Samaritans double in three years, Bournemouth Echo, 22 Dec 2011. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9432874.Callers_to_Samaritans_double_in_three_years/
- 120707 Bournemouth Echo Biker on 6,000 mile road trip for the Samaritans calls in to Bournemouth, Bournemouth Echo, 07 Jul 2012. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9804063.Biker_on_6_000_mile_road_trip_for_the_Samaritans_calls_in_to_Bournemouth/
- 120727 TES: Can't sleep, won't sleep, TES, 27 Jul 2012. https://www.tes.com/news/tes-archive/tes-publication/cant-sleep-wont-sleep
- 120727 Daily Mail: Parents offered 'get your child to sleep' classes as pupils turn up to lessons too tired Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180003/Parents-offered-child-sleep-classes-pupils-turn-lessons-tired.html, Daily Mail, 27 Jul 2012. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180003/Parents-offered-child-sleep-classes-pupils-turn-lessons-tired.html
- 121112 Bournemouth Echo: Bournemouth school waking up to sleep patterns, Bournemouth Echo, 12 Nov 2012. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10041393.Bournemouth_school_waking_up_to_sleep_patterns/
- 131107 Bournemouth Echo: Bournemouth Samaritans celebrate 60th anniversary of charity, Bournemouth Echo, 07 Nov 2013. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10791978.Bournemouth_Samaritans_celebrate_60th_anniversary_of_charity/
- 131208 Bournemouth Echo: December 25? it will be business as usual for us - meet the Christmas Day workers, Bournemouth Echo, 08 Dec 2013. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10855094.December_25__it_will_be_business_as_usual_for_us___meet_the_Christmas_Day_workers/
- 140925 Briport News: Bridport Mental Health Drop-in Centre opens, Bridport & Lyme Regis News, 25 Sep 2014. http://www.bridportnews.co.uk/news/11497553.Bridport_Mental_Health_Drop_in_Centre_opens/
- 150106 The Independent: Should be worried about rise in antidepressant use?, The Independent, 15 Jan 2015. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/should-we-be-worried-about-the-rise-of-antidepressants-9959957.html
- 150201 Mother & Baby Magazine: Trust your instincts, Mother & Baby Magazine, 02 Feb 2015. http://andrewmayers.info/MotherBaby%20feature%20-%20Feb%202015.pdf
- 150203 Telegraph: Nap time for university students, Daily Telegraph, 03 Feb 2015. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/student-life/11386240/Nap-time-for-university-students.html
- 150212 Bournemouth Echo: Duchess of Cambridge - children's mental health, Bournemouth Echo, 12 Feb 2015. http://andrewmayers.info/Kate%20shines%20light%20-%20Echo%20with%20Mayers%20comments.pdf
- 150314 Bournemouth Echo: “We all know a child being abused” – mum speaks out at conference on grooming, Bournemouth Echo, 14 Mar 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11855973.VIDEO_____We_all_know_a_child_being_abused________mum_speaks_out_at_conference_on_grooming/
- 150423 The Independent: Infant Sleep, The Independent, 23 Apr 2015. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/star-wars-baby-video-of-father-putting-his-baby-daughter-to-sleep-by-copying-darth-vaders-breathing-10199367.html
- 150602 Bournemouth Echo: Abuse education needed to combat child sexual exploitation, Bournemouth Echo, 02 Jun 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13219064.Abuse_education_needed_to_combat_child_sexual_exploitation/
- 150605 Bournemouth Echo: 36,000 calls made to Bournemouth Samaritans in 2014, Bournemouth Echo, 05 Jun 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13315017.36_000_calls_made_to_Bournemouth_Samaritans_in_2014/
- 150813 Dorset Eye: Samartians Here If Your Results Are Disappointing, Dorset Eye, 13 Aug 2015. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/samartians-is-here-if-your-results-are-disappointing
- 150907 Dorset Echo: Training for police officers as part of street triage project, Dorset Echo, 07 Sep 2015. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/13650321.Training_for_police_offers_as_part_of_street_triage_project/
- 150907 Bournemouth Echo: Mental health training for police officers in Dorset, Bournemouth Echo, 07 Sep 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13655493.Mental_health_training_for_police_officers_in_Dorset/
- 151006 Bournemouth Echo: Events for World Mental Health Day, Bournemouth Echo, 06 Oct 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13806846.Events_for_World_Mental_Health_Day/
- 151014 Bournemouth Echo: Donation helps Acts Fast charity support child abuse victims, Bournemouth Echo, 14 Oct 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13847461.Donation_helps_Acts_Fast_charity_support_child_abuse_victims/
- 151028 Bournemouth Echo: Terry Waite talks about mental health at Bournemouth Uni event, Bournemouth Echo, 28 Oct 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13900864.Terry_Waite_talks_about_mental_health_at_Bournemouth_Uni_event/
- 151207 Dorset Eye: No One Needs to Feel Alone This Christmas, Says Samaritans, Dorset Eye, 07 Dec 2015. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/no-one-needs-to-feel-alone-this-christmas-says-samaritans
- 151211 Bournemouth Echo: Don't be lonely this Christmas: the Samaritans can help, Bournemouth Echo, 11 Dec 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14139299.Don_t_be_lonely_this_Christmas__the_Samaritans_can_help/
- 151215 Dorset Eye: 1001 Critical Days Manifesto Relaunch in Parliament, Dorset Eye, 15 Dec 2015. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/1001-critical-days-manifesto-relaunch-in-parliament
- 151215 Bournemouth Echo: Mental health charity Dorset Mind celebrates its 70th year of support, Bournemouth Echo, 15 Dec 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14146238.Mental_health_charity_Dorset_Mind_celebrates_its_70th_year_of_support/
- 151216 Dorset Eye: Samaritans poised to take calls as new survey reveals extent of festive loneliness and isolation, Dorset Eye, 16 Dec 2015. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/samaritans-poised-to-take-calls-as-new-survey-reveals-extent-of-festive-loneliness-and-isolation
- 151225 Bournemouth Echo: Feeling lonely this Christmas? The Samaritans can help, Bournemouth Echo, 25 Dec 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14137278.Feeling_lonely_this_Christmas__The_Samaritans_can_help/
- 151228 Bournemouth Echo: Mental health services across Dorset set to expand, Bournemouth Echo, 28 Dec 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14169777.Mental_health_services_across_Dorset_set_to_expand/
- 171113 Dorset Eye: Health and fitness movement R.E.D January in support of Dorset Mind, Dorset Eye, 13 Nov 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/health-and-fitness-movement-r-e-d-in-support-of-dorset-mind
- 171105 Bournemouth Echo: Should mental health education be compulsory?, Bournemouth Echo, 05 Nov 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15639674.Should_mental_health_education_be_compulsory_/
- 171105 Dorset Echo: Should mental health education be compulsory?, Dorset Echo, 05 Nov 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15639674.Should_mental_health_education_be_compulsory_/
- 171101 Dorset Eye: Dorset Mind urges Dorset’s MPs to support plea for compulsory mental health education in commons debate on Monday, Dorset Eye, 01 Nov 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-mind-urges-dorset-s-mps-to-support-plea-for-compulsory-mental-health-education-in-commons-debate-on-monday
- 171101 Dorset Eye: Dorset teen receives royal accolade for volunteering, Dorset Eye, 01 Nov 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-teen-receives-royal-accolade-for-volunteering
- 171026 Wessex FM: 300,000 lose their jobs each year due to mental illness, Wessex FM, 26 Oct 2017. https://www.wessexfm.com/news/dorset-news/2414630/300000-lose-their-jobs-each-year-due-to-mental-illness/
- 171026 Dorse Eye: Dorset Charity tackles rising cost of mental ill-health to the economy, Dorset Eye, 26 Oct 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-charity-tackles-rising-cost-of-mental-ill-health-to-the-economy
- 171024 Closer Magazine: Fathers' mental health, Closer Magazine, 24 Oct 2017. http://andrewmayers.info/male%20postnatal%20depression%20-%20Closer%20magazine.pdf
- 170929 Dorset Eye: Dorset Mind's LGBT support froup, Dorset Eye, 29 Sep 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/south/articles/this-group-really-does-change-lives
- 170915 Dorset Eye: Future Roots Farm Expands the Countrymen’s Club Across England with Support of National Lottery Funding, Dorset Eye, 15 Sep 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/future-roots-farm-expands-the-countrymens-club-across-england-with-support-of-national-lottery-funding
- 170830 Dorset Echo: The Dorchester and District Lions team up with Dorset Mind and David Upshall Insurance Services to tackle mental health issues, Dorset Echo, 30 Aug 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15502138.Fundraising_group_joins_campaign_to_tackle_mental_health_issues/
- 171120 The Conversation: Postnatal depression - men get it too, The Conversation UK, 20 Nov 2017. https://theconversation.com/postnatal-depression-men-get-it-too-87567
- 170830 Bournemouth Echo: The Dorchester and District Lions team up with Dorset Mind and David Upshall Insurance Services to tackle mental health issues, Bournemouth Echo, 30 Aug 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15502138.Fundraising_group_joins_campaign_to_tackle_mental_health_issues/
- 171121 Metro: Why postnatal depression isn’t just a mum thing, Metro UK News, 21 Nov 2017. https://www.metro.news/why-postnatal-depression-isnt-just-a-mum-thing/827799/
- 170826 Bournemouth Echo: Hundreds attend local Festival of Wellbeing, Bournemouth Echo, 26 Aug 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15497501.Hundreds_turn_out_for_Boscombe___s_Festival_of_Wellbeing/
- 170826 Dorset Echo: Hundreds attend local Festival of Wellbeing, Dorset Echo, 26 Aug 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15497501.Hundreds_turn_out_for_Boscombe___s_Festival_of_Wellbeing/
- 160125 Bournemouth Echo: Why I'm running every day this month for mental health, Bournemouth Echo, 25 Jan 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14227379.Why_I_m_running_every_day_this_month_for_mental_health/
- 160204 Dorset Eye: Women’s suicide rates rise, Dorset Eye, 04 Feb 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/women-s-suicide-rates-rise
- 160209 Dorset Eye: Drawing on the experience of being abused as a child, Dorset Eye, 09 Feb 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/drawing-on-the-experience-of-being-abused-as-a-child
- 160224 Dorset Eye: Fern Britton joins mums and dads to speak out about maternal mental health for sport relief, Dorset Eye, 24 Feb 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/fern-britton-joins-mums-and-dads-to-speak-out-about-maternal-mental-health-for-sport-relief
- 160224 Bournemouth Echo: "We listen": Samaritans launches new suicide prevention campaign at railway stations, Bournemouth Echo, 24 Feb 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14302589._We_listen___Samaritans_launches_new_suicide_prevention_campaign_at_railway_stations/
- 160225 Dorset Eye: Bournemouth Samaritans Working With Network Rail To Reduce Suicides, Dorset Eye, 25 Feb 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/bournemouth-samaritans-working-with-network-rail-to-reduce-suicides
- 160225 Bournemouth Echo: Sport Relief mental health campaign backed by BU psychologist, Bournemouth Echo, 25 Feb 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14302572.Sport_Relief_mental_health_campaign_backed_by_BU_psychologist/
- 160226 Dorset Eye: New Single from Dorset Singer Raises Awareness About Impact of Child Sexual Abuse, Dorsey Eye, 26 Feb 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/new-single-from-dorset-singer-raises-awareness-about-impact-of-child-sexual-abuse
- 160309 Bournemouth Echo: Day of song and talk planned to raise awareness of abuse, Bournemouth Echo, 09 Mar 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14331343.Day_of_song_and_talk_planned_to_raise_awareness_of_abuse/
- 160401 Dorset Eye: Child Sexual Abuse Awareness Event Raises £450 for Dorset Charities, Dorset Eye, 01 Apr 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/child-sexual-abuse-awareness-event-raises-450-for-dorset-charities
- 160518 Bournemouth Echo: Mental Health Awareness Week: 'healthy relationships vital to well-being', Bournemouth Echo, 18 May 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14500843.Mental_Health_Awareness_Week____39_healthy_relationships_vital_to_well_being__39_/
- 160531 Dorset Eye: Charity Concert Will Raise Funds for Dorset Mind to Help Support Mental Health Across Dorset, Dorset Eye, 31 May 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/charity-concert-will-raise-funds-for-dorset-mind-to-help-support-mental-health-across-dorset
- 160601 Dorset Eye: Samaritans in Bournemouth says thank you to its priceless volunteers, Dorset Eye, 01 Jun 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/samaritans-in-bournemouth-says-thank-you-to-its-priceless-volunteers
- 160617 Dorset Eye: International Father’s Mental Health Day 2016, Dorset Eye, 17 Jun 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/international-father-s-mental-health-day-2016
- 160625 Bournemouth Echo: How Jack the shih tzu is helping BU students with stress and mental health issues, Bournemouth Echo, 25 Jun 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14570019.How_Jack_the_shih_tzu_is_helping_BU_students_with_stress_and_mental_health_issues/?ref=rss
- 160701 Dorset Echo: "There’s still a lot that needs to be done” - £55k grant to help youngsters with mental health issues, Dorset Echo, 01 Jul 2016. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/14592247._quot_There___s_still_a_lot_that_needs_to_be_done________55k_grant_to_help_youngsters_with_mental_health_issues/
- 160701 Bournemouth Echo: "There’s still a lot that needs to be done” - £55k grant to help youngsters with mental health issues, Bournemouth Echo, 01 Jul 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14592247._quot_There___s_still_a_lot_that_needs_to_be_done________55k_grant_to_help_youngsters_with_mental_health_issues/
- 160720 Dorset Eye: Lord Lieutenant of Dorset becomes Patron for Acts Fast, Dorset Eye, 20 Jul 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/lord-lieutenant-of-dorset-becomes-patron-for-acts-fast
- 160830 Dorset Eye: An Afternoon Extravaganza of Music - with a Conscience, Dorset Eye, 30 Aug 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/an-afternoon-extravaganza-of-music-with-a-conscience
- 160907 Dorset Eye: It’s Okay To Talk This World Suicide Prevention Day, Dorset Eye, 07 Sep 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/it-s-okay-to-talk-this-world-suicide-prevention-day
- 161008 Bournemouth Echo: University marks World Mental Health Day with free events, Bournemouth Echo, 08 Oct 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14790540.University_marks_World_Mental_Health_Day_with_free_events/
- 161013 Bournemouth Echo: Samaritans call for suicide prevention to be made national priority, Bournemouth Echo, 13 Oct 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14796693.40_people_take_their_own_lives_every_year_in_Dorset___but_local_action_can_save_lives__say_Samaritans/
- 161017 Bournemouth Echo: Forty people take their own lives in Dorset every year - prevention must be a priority, Bournemouth Echo, 17 Oct 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14805476.Forty_people_take_their_own_lives_in_Dorset_every_year___prevention_must_be_a_priority/
- 161108 Bournemouth Echo: Children like those in your stories need more help: call for better training in schools, Bournemouth Echo, 08 Nov 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14874386.Children_like_those_in_your_stories_need_more_help__call_for_better_training_in_schools/
- 161116 Dorset Eye: Introducing Dorset Mind’s Very First Christmas Single – Written by our 15 Year-Old Ambassador, Calvin Glen, Dorset Eye, 16 Nov 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/introducing-dorset-mind-s-very-first-christmas-single-written-by-our-15-year-old-ambassador-calvin-glen
- 170820 Dorset Eye: The Rotary Club and Mayor of Verwood Announce New Sponsorship for Dorset Mind, Dorset Eye, 20 Aug 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/the-rotary-club-and-mayor-of-verwood-announce-new-sponsorship-for-dorset-mind
- 170110 Bournemouth Echo: Mental health charity welcomes Theresa May’s reforms – but says ‘staff need more than retraining’, Bournemouth Echo, 10 Jan 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15012540.Mental_health_charity_welcomes_Theresa_May___s_reforms_____but_says____staff_need_more_than_retraining___/
- 170216 Dorset Echo: Unexpected deaths of mental health patients in Dorset up 50% in three years, Dorset Echo, 16 Feb 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15095961.Unexpected_deaths_of_mental_health_patients_in_Dorset_up_50__in_three_years/
- 170216 Bournemouth Echo: Unexpected deaths of mental health patients in Dorset up 50% in three years, Bournemouth Echo, 16 Feb 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15095961.Unexpected_deaths_of_mental_health_patients_in_Dorset_up_50__in_three_years/
- 170313 Dorset Eye: Running for a Great Cause - Introducing Dorset Mind’s Brand New Charity Partner, Dorset Eye, 13 Mar 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/running-for-a-great-cause-introducing-dorset-mind-s-brand-new-charity-partner
- 170317 Dorset Echo: Dads left traumatised from seeing their partner give birth invited to take part in study, Dorset Echo, 17 Mar 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15163054.Dads_left_traumatised_from_seeing_their_partner_give_birth_invited_to_take_part_in_study/
- 170317 Bournemouth Echo: Dads left traumatised from seeing their partner give birth invited to take part in study, Bournemouth Echo, 17 Mar 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15163054.Dads_left_traumatised_from_seeing_their_partner_give_birth_invited_to_take_part_in_study/
- 170318 The Tiimes: Births can leave fathers traumatised, The Times, 18 Mar 2017. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/births-can-leave-fathers-traumatised-5l7l5j9dd
- 170320 Dorset Echo: Stable founder Richard tackling London Marathon for Dorset Mind, Dorset Echo, 20 Mar 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15167739.Stable_founder_Richard_tackling_London_Marathon_for_Dorset_Mind/
- 170320 Bournemouth Echo: Stable founder Richard tackling London Marathon for Dorset Mind, Bournemouth Echo, 20 Mar 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15167739.Stable_founder_Richard_tackling_London_Marathon_for_Dorset_Mind/
- 170802 Dorset Eye: Jeremy Hunt announces ‘major’ recruitment in mental health: A new dawn or just the same old day?, Dorset Eye, 02 Aug 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/jeremy-hunt-announces-major-recruitment-in-mental-health-a-new-dawn-or-just-the-same-old-day
- 170731 Dorset Eye: BCHA Festival of Wellbeing returns to Boscombe Gardens, Dorset Eye, 31 Jul 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/bcha-festival-of-wellbeing-returns-to-boscombe-gardens
- 170730 Dorset Echo: David Upshall Insurance Services has partnered with Dorset Mind to improve access to mental health support services in Dorchester, Dorset Echo, 30 Jul 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15438030.Here_s_how_a_new_partnership_is_hoping_to_improve_mental_health_support_services/
- 170730 Bournemouth Echo: David Upshall Insurance Services has partnered with Dorset Mind to improve access to mental health support services in Dorchester, Bournemouth Echo, 30 Jul 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15438030.Here_s_how_a_new_partnership_is_hoping_to_improve_mental_health_support_services/
- 170713 Dorset Echo: This 'Wall of Silence' is highlighting the impact of child abuse on survivors - and they want you to see it, Dorset Echo, 13 Jul 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15409921.This___39_Wall_of_Silence__39__is_highlighting_the_impact_of_child_abuse_on_survivors___and_they_want_you_to_see_it/
- 170713 Bournemouth Echo: This 'Wall of Silence' is highlighting the impact of child abuse on survivors - and they want you to see it, Bournemouth Echo, 13 Jul 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15409921.This___39_Wall_of_Silence__39__is_highlighting_the_impact_of_child_abuse_on_survivors___and_they_want_you_to_see_it/
- 170707 Dorset Eye: Samaritans of Bournemouth & District Want You to Shush and Listen, Dorset Eye, 07 Jul 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/samaritans-of-bournemouth-and-district-want-you-to-shush-and-listen
- 170705 Dorset Eye: Expanding Mental Health Support Services for Dorchester Receives a Significant Boost from David Upshall Insurance Service, Dorset Eye, 05 Jul 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/expanding-mental-health-support-services-for-dorchester-receives-a-significant-boost-from-david-upshall-insurance-service
- 170617 Bournemouth Echo: Different smells could be used in custody suites to calm people arrested in Dorset, Bournemouth Echo, 27 Jun 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15373536.Could_vanilla_scents_and_green_walls_help_calm_people_being_kept_in_custody_/
- 170623 Dorset Eye: Wall of Silence: Breaking the silence on child abuse, Dorset Eye, 26 May 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/wall-of-silence-breaking-the-silence-on-child-abuse
- 170601 Dorset Eye: Samaritans marks Volunteers’ Week by highlighting the difference emotional support can make in the face of disadvantage, Dorset Eye, 01 Jun 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/samaritans-marks-volunteers-week-by-highlighting-the-difference-emotional-support-can-make-in-the-face-of-disadvantage
- 170517 Dorset Eye: Three Girls: It may be closer to home than you think, Dorset Eye, 17 May 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/three-girls-it-may-be-closer-to-home-than-you-think
- 170508 Wessex FM News: Are you doing enough for your wellbeing?, Wessex FM News, 08 May 2017. https://www.wessexfm.com/news/dorset-news/2284350/are-you-doing-enough-for-your-wellbeing/
- 170503 Dorset Eye: Dorset Mind’s Youngest Ambassador Won the ‘Inspiration’ Category of Dorset Healthcare ‘Road to Wellness’ Awards, Dorset Eye, 03 May 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-mind-s-youngest-ambassador-won-the-inspiration-category-of-dorset-healthcare-road-to-wellness-awards
- 170503 Dorset Eye: Dorset Mind awarded Children in Need grant, Dorset Eye, 03 May 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-mind-win-a-grant-bid-from-children-in-need-for-their-youth-services
- 170412 Bournemouth Echo: Dorchester Lions raise £1000 for Dorset Mind (Bournemouth Echo), Bournemouth Echo, 12 Apr 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15219124._quot_We__39_re_hugely_grateful_quot____Charity__39_s_thanks_for_swim_event__39_s___1_000_donation/
- 170326 Dorset Echo: Dorset HealthCare is sending patients hundreds of miles to access care, Dorset Echo, 26 Mar 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15180869._Vulnerable__mental_health_patients_being_sent_hundreds_of_miles_for_treatment___at_a_cost_of___1_9M/
- 170326 Bournemouth Echo: No beds for mental health patients in Dorset so they're being sent as far as Durham at a cost of £1.9m, Bournemouth Echo, 26 Mar 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15182322.No_beds_for_mental_health_patients_in_Dorset_so_they__39_re_being_sent_as_far_as_Durham_at_a_cost_of___1_9m/
- 170404 Dorset Eye: Planting the Seeds of Success - Introducing Haskins Garden Centre in Ferndown as Dorset Mind’s Brand New Charity Partner, Dorset Eye, 04 Apr 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/planting-the-seeds-of-success-introducing-haskins-garden-centre-in-ferndown-as-dorset-mind-s-brand-new-charity-partner
- 170406 Dorset Eye: The Dorchester & District Lions Club Present Dorset Mind with an Early Easter Present, Dorset Eye, 06 Apr 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/the-dorchester-and-district-lions-club-present-dorset-mind-with-an-early-easter-present
- 170410 Dorset Eye: Dorset Mind’s Youngest Ambassador Won the ‘Inspiration’ Category of Dorset Healthcare ‘Road to Wellness’ Awards, Dorset Eye, 10 Apr 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-mind-s-youngest-ambassador-won-the-inspiration-category-of-dorset-healthcare-road-to-wellness-awards
- 170412 Dorset Echo: "We're hugely grateful" - Charity's thanks for swim event's £1,000 donation, Dorset Echo, 12 Apr 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15219124._quot_We__39_re_hugely_grateful_quot____Charity__39_s_thanks_for_swim_event__39_s___1_000_donation/
- Drivetime, Postnatal depression in fathers. http://andrewmayers.info/LBC%2026%2010%2017%20Drivetime%20part%202.mp3
- Radio Solent lunchtime, Mental health. http://andrewmayers.info/Radio%20Solent%209th%20October%202017.mp3
- Good Morning Britain, Helping men with stress and sleep. http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/sleep-week-2017/sleep-week-men-who-cant-sleep
- Morning show, Dorset Mind's mental health services in Dorset. http://andrewmayers.info/DR%20Andrew%20Mayers%20-%20Dorset%20MIND%20nomusic.mp3
- Radio Solent Breakfast, A new infant mental health charity for Dorset (DorPIP). http://andrewmayers.info/Radio%20Solent%2025%20August%202017.mp3
- Radio Solent election briefings 2017, Putting mental health at centre of General Election 2017. http://andrewmayers.info/Radio%20Solent%208%20May%202017.mp3
- BBC Radio 5 Live, Children's sleep. http://www.andrewmayers.info/Radio5Nov162012.mp3
- BBC Radio 5 Live, Children's sleep. http://www.andrewmayers.info/Radio5Nov212012.mp3
- BBC Radio Sheffield, Children's sleep. http://www.andrewmayers.info/RadioSheffieldNov212012.mp3
- BBC Radio Solent, Children's sleep. http://www.andrewmayers.info/RadioSolentNov212012.mp3
- Hot Radio, Sleep and postnatal depression. http://www.andrewmayers.info/HotRadio.mp3
- BBC West Midlands Radio, Sleep. http://www.andrewmayers.info/BBCWM.mp3
- BBC Three Counties Radio, Insomnia. http://www.andrewmayers.info/Three%20Counties.mp3
- Radio Solent Breakfast, Samaritans. http://www.andrewmayers.info/BBC_Radio_Solent_01_11_2013.mp3
- BBC Radio Sussex, Men and postnatal depression. http://www.andrewmayers.info/RadioSussex2014-05-07.mp3
- Radio Solent Breakfast (main). http://andrewmayers.info/RadioSolentMMHAInterview.mp3
- Breakfast in Dorset, Maternal mental health. http://andrewmayers.info/RadioSolentDorsetInterview.mp3
- BBC Radio Solent, Young people mental health. http://andrewmayers.info/RadioSolentAug2014.mp3
- BBC Radio Solent, Maternal mental health. http://www.andrewmayers.info/RadioSolentDorsetOct2014.mp3
- BBC Three Counties Radio, Shift work and sleep. http://andrewmayers.info/BBC3CRNov0414.mp3
- BBC Radio Sussex, Postnatal depression, suicide and Charlotte Bevan (Bristol) story. http://andrewmayers.info/BBC%20Radio%20Sussex%2004_12_2014.mp3
- LBC, Perinatal mental health and Suicide (listen from 4:50 for interview). http://www.andrewmayers.info/postnatal.wav
- BBC Radio Solent, Maternal Mental Health. http://andrewmayers.info/Alina%20Jenkins%2003_2015.mp3
- Radio Solent News, World Mental Health Day. http://andrewmayers.info/Julian%20Clegg%2008_10_2015%201.mp3
- British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS), Mental health. http://andrewmayers.info/BFBS%20recording%201.mp3
- British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS), Men's Mental Health. http://andrewmayers.info/BFBS%20recording%202.mp3
- Forest FM, Samaritans. http://andrewmayers.info/Dr%20Andrew%20Myers%20-%20Bournemouth%20Samaritans.mp3
- Breakfast in Dorset, World Mental Health Day. http://andrewmayers.info/Breakfast%20in%20Dorset%202.mp3
- ITV Daybreak, Children's Sleep. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd_OaMieSks
- BBC Breakfast, Children's Sleep. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20423289
- ITV Meridien News, Fixers UK: Young people's mental health. https://youtu.be/hY0xRyy9wrM
- LBC, Adele - postnatal depression. http://andrewmayers.info/LBC%20interview%20Nov%204th%202016.mp3
- Breakfast in Dorset, Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group plans foe mental health services across Dorset. http://andrewmayers.info/BBC%20Radio%20Solent%2031%2003%2017.mp3