Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
An Archaeology graduate from Bournemouth (1995) my current job involves the management of existing teaching and reference collections and the post excavation management of the 'Big Dig' Durotriges project. My teaching and laboratory commitments cover all three academic groups within the school of Applied Science focusing predominantly on UG science teaching in Chemistry, Biology and Forensic Science. At a university level I am a Manual Handling trainer, Fire warden, First Aider, H&S adviser, sit on Senate as the School elected member and have recently been elected to be a Senior Investigating Officer for the University on a rota basis. My interests include Entomology, Forensic Entomology, Lowland heaths and the conservation of materials. Outside the university I am an entomological adviser for INFORCE and a team leader for Blake Emergency services
- Manley, H.P., Evans, D., Hewitt, I., Phurphy, P., Russell, M. and Welham, K., 2017. Tarrant Launceston: Survey and excavation of a long barrow with secondary burial at Race Down. Proceedings of the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society, 138.
- Franklin, E., Evans, D., Thornton, A., Moody, C., Green, I. and Diaz, A., 2017. Exploring the predation of UK bumblebees (Apidae, Bombus spp.) by the invasive pitcher plant Sarracenia purpurea: examining the effects of annual variation, seasonal variation, plant density and bumblebee gender. ARTHROPOD-PLANT INTERACTIONS, 11 (1), 79-88.
- Russell, M., Cheetham, P., Evans, D., Hambleton, E., Hewitt, I., Manley, H., Gale, J., Pitman, D. and Stewart, D., 2016. The Durotriges Project, Phase Three: an interim statement. Proceedings of the Dorset Natural History & Archaeological Society, 137.
- Green, I.D., Evans, D. and Diaz, A., 2015. Modifying soil chemistry to enhance heathland recreation: a use for sulphur captured during oil refining. International Journal of Plant & Soil Science, 6 (5), 272-282.
- Russell, M., Cheetham, P., Evans, D., Gerdau-Radonic, K., Hambleton, E., Hewitt, I., Manley, H., Speith, N. and Smith, M., 2015. The Durotriges Project, Phase Two: an interim statement. Proceedings of the Dorset Natural History & Archaeological Society, 136, 157-161.
- Speith, N., Cheetham, P., Evans, D., Hambleton, E., Manley, H., Hewitt, I., Russell, M., Smith, M. and Gerdau-Radonic, K., 2015. Bronze Age to Late Roman settlement at Winterborne Kingston (The 'Big Dig') - Second Interim Report. Proceedings of the Dorset Natural History & Archaeological Society, 136, 157-161.
- Russell, M., Cheetham, P., Evans, D., Hambleton, E., Hewitt, I., Manley, H. and Smith, M., 2014. The Durotriges Project, Phase one: an interim statement. Proceedings of the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society, 135, 217-221.
- Evans, D., 2011. Lytta vesicatoria (Linnaeus) (Meloidae) in Dorset. The Coleopterist, 20, 147.
- Evans, D. and Green, I., 2016. Soil fauna and their effects on decomposition within coniferous and deciduous tree soil sample. In: Kars, H. and van den Eijkel, L., eds. Soil in Criminal and Environmental Forensics: Proceedings of the Soil Forensics Special, 6th European Academy of Forensic Science Conference, The Hague. Springer International Publishing.
- Camplin, R.J., Evans, D. and Green, I.D., 2016. Soil Fauna and Their Effects on Decomposition Within Coniferous and Deciduous Tree Soil Samples. 263-273.