Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Laura has a degree in Biotechnologies and a MSc in Neuropsychology from the University of Toulouse, France. She completed her PhD in Psychology, Education and Neuroscience from the University of Cambridge in 2014, where she investigated the relationship between emotion regulation and inhibitory control in children and adults, using EEG. She then worked as a post-doctoral researcher in the Cambridge Prosociality and Well-Being Lab at the University of Cambridge where she looked at the relationship between emotions, happiness and mental health, such as the role of emotion dysregulation in eating disorders (EDs).
Laura started her lectureship at Bournemouth University in October 2016, where she uses EEG to investigate the neural basis of emotion processing and regulation in EDs. She is also working on developing early interventions/preventions using mobile phones to help individuals with an ED to better regulate their emotions. She teaches in Educational Psychology and Special Educational Needs, Applied Clinical Psychology, and Eating and Behaviour Changes.
- Vuillier, L., Bryce, D., Szucs, D. and Whitebread, D., 2016. The maturation of interference suppression and response inhibition: ERP analysis of a cued Go/Nogo task. PLoS One.
- Pincham, H.L., Wu, C., Killikelly, C., Vuillier, L. and Fearon, P., 2015. Social provocation modulates decision making and feedback processing during adolescence. The Journal of Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, 15, 58-66.
- Vuillier, L., Hermens, D., Chitty, K., Wang, C., Kaur, M., Ward, P., Degrabriele, R., Hickie, I. and Lagopoulos, J., 2015. Emotional Processing, P50 Sensory Gating and Social Functioning in Bipolar Disorder. Clinical EEG and Neuroscience, 46 (2), 81-87.
- Vuillier, L., Szucs, D. and Whitebread, D., 2015. ERP evidence of cognitive strategy change in motivational conditions with varying level of difficulty. Neuropsychologia, 70, 126-133.
- Pincham, H.L., Matejko, A., Obersteiner, A., Killikelly, C., Abrahao, K., Benavides-Varela, S., Gabriel, F., Rato, J. and Vuillier, L., 2014. Forging a new path for Educational Neuroscience: An international young-researcher perspective on combining neuroscience and educational practices. Trends in Neuroscience and Education, 3, 28-31.
- Maheux, J., Vuillier, L., Mahfouz, M., Rouillard, C. and Levesque, D., 2012. Modulation of haloperidol-induced patterns of the transcription factor Nur77 and Nor-1 expression by serotoninergic and adrenergic drugs in the mouse brain. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, 15 (4), 509-521.
- Pincham, H.L., Killikelly, C., Vuillier, L. and Power, A.J., 2012. Examining the Expectation Deficit in Normal Aging. The Journal of Neuroscience, 32 (4), 1143-1145.
Profile of Teaching UG
- 2016-09 SciTech: L5 - Developmental and Clinical Psychology
- 2016-09 SciTech: L6 - Applied Clinical Psychology
- 2016-09 SciTech: L6 - Eating, Weight and Behaviour Change
- 2016-09 SciTech: L6 - Educational Psychology and Special Educational Needs
- British Psychological Society Career Advice
- Darwin College Seminar series, University of Cambridge
- Exploring Emotion Processing and Sensory Gating in Bipolar Disorder (Australia Endeavour Research Fellowship, 01 Jan 2012). Awarded
- The relationship between emotion regulation and inhibitory control in children: neural and behavioural analyses (University of Cambridge, 01 Oct 2009). Awarded
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Pint of Science coordinator. Pint of Science is a science festival that helps disseminate research to the public in an informal setting: a pub! I aim to bring this initiative to BU
- Involved in the Service User Lead Teaching Sessions organised at the University of Cambridge. This is an initiative that brings together service user of mental health services and researchers to discuss perspectives and improvement in research. I aim to develop this initiative at BU
- EARLI SIG16 Metacognition, The assessment of self-regulation in pre-school children: the validation of an observational instrument across 4 countries, 01 May 2009, Muenster, Germany
- EARLI SIG metacognition, ., Emotion regulation and executive function: a new model based on strategies, 01 Aug 2014, Turkey
- Society for Personality and Social Psychology, Emotional Expression Follow Different Life Course Trajectories for Rich versus Poor Nations, 01 Feb 2015, Long Beach, California, USA
- BSc (Hons) in Molecular and Cellular Biotechnology (University of Toulouse, 2006)
- MSc in Neuropsychology (University of Toulouse, 2008)
- PhD in Education and Psychology (University of Cambridge, 2014)
- Charles Slater Funds Research Grant (2012)
- British Psychological Society Postgraduate Study Visit Grant (2012)
- Experimental Psychology Society Study Visit Grant (2012)
- Guarantors of Brain travel grant (2011)
- Fully funded studentship to attend the Visceral Mind Summer School (2011)
- Cambridge Philosophical Society Research Studentship (2012)
- University of Cambridge Hardship Fund (2012)
- Fully funded scholarship to attend the Latin American School for Education, Cognitive and Neural Science (2013)
- Guarantors of Brain travel grant (2014)
- Blitz talk (Society for Personality and Social Psychology, 2015)
- Australian Awards Alumni Network, Member,
- British Psychological Society, Member,
- Darwin College Alumni Network, Member,