Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Mark Ridolfo is a Principal Academic in HR & OB, within the Faculty of Management. and the Programme Leader for BA (Hons) Business Studies. Mark delivers courses in Cross-Cultural Communication and Management, as well as in Developing Management Competencies. A passionate, student-oriented innovator, Mark has been lecturing at Bournemouth University since 1992, having previously lived and worked in France, Germany and Italy.
Mark's academic interests lie in the areas of enhancing the student experience, innovation in assessment, professional effectiveness and cross-cultural capability. He has delivered courses in presentations, report-writing, online communication, and negotiation, and, from 1997 to 2007, he was a visiting lecturer and curriculum advisor to the prestigious China-Europe International Business School (CEIBS) in Shanghai, China.
In 2003, Mark was awarded the Bournemouth University Fellowship, along with his colleague, Bill Beetham, for outstanding and innovative work in internationalising the curriculum... Mark has given many workshop and conference presentations on this subject.
In 2011, Mark's contribution to learning, teaching and assessment at Bournemouth University was further recognised, as he became the first recipient of the Vice Chancellor's Award for Making an Exceptional Contribution to Enhancing the Student Experience.
Over the years, Mark has been very involved in quality assurance and enhancement activities with the University. He is also a highly experienced Programme Leader, who has managed both the Institution-Wide Languages Programme and the BA (Hons) Business Studies degree. Mark is at the forefront of the Business School's education enhancement and internationalisation strategies. Mark also offers in-house training and consultancy in effective business communication and working across cultures.
Mark is currently studying for a Professional Doctorate in Education at the University of Plymouth.more
- Gbadamosi, G., Evans, C., Richardson, M. and Ridolfo, M., 2015. Employability and students' part-time work in the UK: Does self-efficacy and career aspiration matter? British Educational Research Journal, 41 (6), 1086-1107.
- Gbadamosi, G., Evans, C., Richardson, M. and Ridolfo, M., 2015. Employability and students' part-time work in the UK: does self-efficacy and career aspiration matter? BRITISH EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL, 41 (6), 1086-1107.
- Ridolfo, M., Richardson, M., Evans, C. and Gbadamosi, G., 2009. Funding full-time study through part-time work. Journal of Education and Work, 22 (4), 319-334.
- Ridolfo, M., 2010. Cross-Cultural Capability. In: Changing Universities Through Internationalisation: From Strategy to Pedagogy 16 September 2010 University of East Anglia, England.
- Ridolfo, M., 2010. Assessing Cross-Cultural Capability. In: BMAF Internationalisation SIG Conference: “The International Agenda: Where Next?” June 2010 Bournemouth University, England.
- Ridolfo, M., 2009. Developing International Managers. In: Education for Sustainable Development, 3rd Annual Conference: “Graduates as Global Citizens” September 2009 Bournemouth University, England.
- Ridolfo, M., Beetham, B. and Lewis, H., 2007. Developing People Internationally. In: York Associates / Dialogin – Conference and online conference: “Developing People Internationally” May 2007 Konstanz, Germany.
- Licence in Modern Languages (Université d'Orléans, 1988)
- BSc (Hons) in Modern Languages (Aston University, 1989)
- PG Dip in Management Studies (Bournemouth University, 2000)