- KTabeshf at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Professor Kamran Tabeshfar was born in 1947, he studied mechanical engineering at undergraduate level, before undertaking postgraduate research in mechanical properties of materials. His PhD (Southampton University, 1974) was on Fatigue Crack Propagation, and since then he has been active in research in fatigue, metal forming, powder metallurgy, liquid phase sintering, material selection and computer tools in design, ceramics and tribology.
Fatigue. Tribology. Coatings.
- Saifullah, A., Thomas, B., Cripps, R., Tabeshfar, K. and Wang, L., 2020. An Investigation of Low Velocity Impact Properties of Rotationally Molded Skin–Foam–Skin Sandwich Structure. Polymer Engineering and Science, 60 (2), 387-397.
- Saifullah, A., Thomas, B., Cripps, R., Tabeshfar, K., Wang, L. and Muryn, C., 2018. Fracture toughness of rotationally molded polyethylene and polypropylene. Polymer Engineering and Science, 58 (1), 63-73.
- Khan, Z., Khan, Z. and Tabeshf, K., 2016. Parametric investigations to enhance thermal performance of paraffin through a novel geometrical configuration of shell and tube latent thermal storage system. Energy Conversion and Management, 127, 355-365.
- Fatjó, G.G.A., Hadfield, M. and Tabeshfar, K., 2011. Pseudoplastic deformation pits on polished ceramics due to cavitation erosion. Ceramics International, 37 (6), 1919-1927.
- Hadfield, M. and Tabeshfar, K., 2011. Pseudoplastic Deformation Pits on Polished Ceramics due to Cavitation Erosion. Ceramics International, 1919-1927.
- Iliescu, M., Tabeshfar, K., Ighigeanu, A. and Dobrescu, G., 2009. Importance of rapid prototyping to product design. UPB Scientific Bulletin, Series D: Mechanical Engineering, 71 (2), 117-124.
- Iliescu, M., Tabeshfar, K. and Companescu, B., 2009. Importance of Prototyping to Product Design. UPB Sci Bulletin Series.
- Iliescu, M., Nuţu, E., Tabeshfar, K. and Ispas, C., 2009. Z printing rapid prototyping technique and solidworks simulation - Major tools in new product design. Proceedings of the 2nd WSEAS International Conference on Sensors and Signals, SENSIG '09, Visualization, Imaging and Simulation, VIS '09, Materials Science, MATERIALS '09, 148-153.
- Mathias, M.J. and Tabeshfar, K., 2006. Design and development of a new acetabular cup prosthesis. Materials, Science and Engineering C, 26, 1428-1433.
- Mathias and Tabeshfar, K., 2006. Fatigue Performance of Ceramic Optimum Acetabular Cups. Journal of Materials, Science & Technology.
- Froes, F.H.S., Haake, S., Fagg, S., Tabeshfar, K. and Velay, X., 1998. Materials for sports. MRS BULLETIN, 23 (3), 32-38.
- Tabeshfar, K., 1995. Fracture characteristics of iron-copper sintered compacts. Materials Research Society Symposium - Proceedings, 367, 137-140.
- Yue, T.M., Tabeshfar, K. and Forsyth, P.J.E., 1985. Effect of microstructure on the plain and notched fatigue properties of IMI 550 Ti alloy. International Journal of Fatigue, 7 (3), 149-153.
- Tabeshfar, K. and Chadwick, G.A., 1984. Dimensional changes during liquid phase sintering of fe–cu compacts. Powder Metallurgy, 27 (1), 19-24.
- Tabeshfar, K. and Chadwick, G.A., 1982. ROLE OF POWDER CHARACTERISTICS AND COMPACTING PRESSURE IN LIQUID PHASE SINTERING OF FE-CU COMPACTS. , 693-700.
- MELLOR, B.G., TABESHFAR, K. and CHADWICK, G.A., 1982. FAILURE BY LIQUID METAL EMBRITTLEMENT IN MONEL 400. METALL MATER TECHNOL, V 14 (N 9), 385-386.
- WALDRON, M.B., TABESHFAR, K. et al., 1981. POWDER-METALLURGY GROUP MEETING, BRISTOL, 27-29 OCTOBER 1980 - REPORT OF PROCEEDINGS. POWDER METALLURGY, 24 (3), 155-171.
- Tabeshfar, K. and Williams, T.R.G., 1980. Mean stress effect in fatigue crack propagation. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 68 (2), 295-303.
- Tabeshfar, K. and Williams, T.R.G., 1974. Analysis of crack propagation data for a strain ageing and a stabilized mild steel tested under R=0 and R=-1 loading conditions. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 35 (1), 129-138.
- Tabeshfar, K. and Williams, T.R.G., 1974. DISCONTINUITIES IN THE S/N CURVES OF RIMMING AND STABILIZED MILD STEELS. Met Sci J, 8 (9), 291-297.
- Brindejonc, V., Hodges, B., Tabeshfar, K. and Velay, X., 2016. VICARIA: An e-learning tool for risk assessment and management. 2005 IEEE International Technology Management Conference, ICE 2005.
- Saifullah, A., Thomas, B., Tabeshfar, K. and Cripps, B., 2016. Rotationally moulded thermoplastic sandwich composites in small marine leisure craft: Fracture properties and damage analysis of the composite structure. RINA, Royal Institution of Naval Architects - Innovations in Small Craft Technology 2016.
- Saifullah, A., Thomas, B., Tabeshfar, K. and Cripps, R., 2016. Impact properties analysis of rotationally molded polyethylene and polypropylene for a wide range of temperatures. Annual Technical Conference - ANTEC, Conference Proceedings, 1686-1689.
- Garcia-Atance Fatjo, G., Hadfield, M. and Tabeshfar, K., 2011. Cavitation erosion mechanisms in polished ceramics. In: 19th Mission of Tribology Research 1 December 2010 London.
- Tabeshf, K., 2010. Pitfalls of performing ultrasonic cavitation erosin under a non-standard configuration. In: Garcia-Atance Fatjo, G., Hadfield, M. and Tabeshfar, K., eds. TiboUK 22-23 April 2010 Imperial College London.
- Tabeshf, K., Azarian, A., Tabeshfar, K. and Velay, X., 2008. VICARIA, an e-learning system for risk assessment. In: 9th European Conference E-Comm-Line 25-26 September 2008 Bucharest.
- Tabeshf, K., Azarian, A., Hodges, B., Tabeshfar, K. and Velay, X., 2005. VICARIA: Web-based Distance Learning for Risk Management and Control. In: EDU Conference 2005 France.
- Hallam, J., Hodges, B., Tabeshfar, K. and Velay, X., 2002. Overcoming human barriers to knowledge-based systems in design. SHARING EXPERIENCE IN ENGINEERING DESIGN, 237-243.
- Hallam, J., Hodges, B., Tabeshfar, K. and Velay, X., 2002. The creation of a knowledge sharing culture for effective knowledge management. DESIGN 2002: Proceedings of the 7th International Design Conference, Vols 1 and 2, 325-330.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering (University of Southampton, 1974)
- The Royal Society of Arts and Manufacture, Fellow (2005-),
- The Engineerinhg Council, Member (1982-),
- The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, Member (1982-),