Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
A Cyber Security PhD Research Student under the Faculty of Science and Technology at Bournemouth University. My research interest consider the areas of Security by Design, Safety Engineering, and Human Computer Interaction for rail infrastructure design and evaluation.
The aim of my doctoral research project in collaboration with Ricardo Rail, is to develop a tool-supported design framework for integrating Safety, Security, and Human Factors engineering process-techniques for designing and evaluating rail infrastructure systems.
- Altaf, A., Faily, S., Dogan, H., Mylonas, A. and Thron, E., 2019. Identifying Safety and Human Factors Issues in Rail using IRIS and CAIRIS. In: 5th Workshop On The Security Of Industrial Control Systems & Of Cyber-Physical Systems (CyberICPS 2019) 23-27 September 2019 Luxembourg, Luxembourg. Springer.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Security by Design
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Integrating Safety, Security and Human Factors Engineering in Rail Infrastructure Design and Evaluation - Poster Presentation at The 11th Annual Postgraduate Research Conference, Doctoral College, BU on 04-Dec-2019.
- Technical Visit of Noord-Zuid Lijn (North-South Line) on 25-Oct-2019 by IRSE 2019 at Amsterdam, The Netherlands. With some interesting stories about building the line and details about commissioning of the CBTC signalling on the Amsterdam Metro.
- Identifying Safety and Human Factors Issues in Rail Using IRIS and CAIRIS - Poster Presentation at BCS London Doctoral Symposium on 06-Jun-2019.
- National Cyber Security Conference (NCSC 2019) workshop on Security vs Safety at University of Southampton on 14-Jan-2019.