- 01202 962601
- ahull at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Children and Young Peoples Nursing
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Alexandra joined the university in July 2022 as part of the undergraduate team within the Children and Young People’s nursing department. She completed her training at Brighton University in 2014. Clinical experience over 5 years was gained within the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit at Bristol Children’s Hospital and University Hospitals Southampton. She completed the Intensive Care course and went on to become a senior staff nurse within this area. In January 2019, she transferred her skills and went to work in the Emergency Department at Bournemouth Hospital, now University Hospitals Dorset. Working here through the Covid-19 pandemic gave her the skills and knowledge with working in the adult nursing field alongside her speciality of children. She was selected to become a European Paediatric Advanced Life Support (EPALS) instructor where she teaches throughout the year at University Hospitals Southampton.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
- Polkinghorne, M. et al., 2023. Fusion Learning Conference 2023 - Proceedings. Poole, Dorset, UK, BH12 5BB: Bournemouth University.
- Fusion learning conference, A critical exploration of the power of debate as a teaching strategy at higher education level to nursing students, 05 Jul 2023, Talbot Campus, Bournemouth University
- Advance HE’s HEA Fellowship in Higher education (Advance Higher Education, 2023)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education in Higher Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2023)
- EPALS Instructor in Paediatric Advanced Life Support (Resuscitation Council, 2022)
- BSc (Hons) in Nursing studies (University of Derby, 2020)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Member (2014-),
- Royal Collage of Nursing, Member (2014-),