Dr Andrew Mayers
- 01202 961871
- amayers at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic in Psychology
- Poole House P112, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am an academic psychologist specialising in mental health, particularly perinatal mental illness and young people's mental health. I actively campaign for raising better awareness for mental health, and challenge stigma and discrimination. I serve on several local and national advisory groups for maternal mental illness. I am a Fellow of the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce). I am Patron for Dorset Mind (for whom I am also a trustee). I am Chair of Trustees for ActsFast, a charity based in Dorset. that supports the non-abusive family (and victims) of children who have been sensually abused. I am Patron for the Samaritans of Bournemouth & District . I am a Governor for Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust (the mental health and community health NHS trust for Dorset). I am Trustee and Ambassador for DorPIP, a Dorset-based charity providing therapeutic support for parent-infant relationships.
- Noone, S., Innes, A., Kelly, F. and Mayers, A., 2017. "The nourishing soil of the soul': The role of horticultural therapy in promoting well-being in community-dwelling people with dementia. DEMENTIA-INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SOCIAL RESEARCH AND PRACTICE, 16 (7), 897-910.
- Everett, H., Baldwin, D.S., Mayers, A., Malizia, A.L. and Wilson, S., 2013. Antidepressants for insomnia (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
- Talat, B., Mayers, A. and Baldwin, D.S., 2013. Quality of case reports of adverse drug reactions with psychotropic drugs: A 25-year review. Human Psychopharmacology, 28 (5), 413-420.
- Pritchard, C., Mayers, A. and Baldwin, D., 2013. Changing patterns of neurological mortality in the 10 major developed countries - 1979-2010. Public Health, 127, 757-766.
- Mayers, A., Talat, B. and Baldwin, D., 2013. Quality of case reports of adverse drug reactions with psychotropic drugs. Human Psychopharmacology.
- Mayers, A., Mayers, A. et al., 2010. Weigh the benefits of treatment against the increase in the risk of falls when using antidepressant therapy in the elderly. Drugs and Therapy Perspectives, 26 (2), 23-26.
- Mayers, A.G., Grabbau, E.A.S., Campbell, C. and Baldwin, D.S., 2009. Subjective sleep, depression and anxiety: inter-relationships in a non-clinical sample. Human Psychopharmacoloy: Clinical and Experimental, 24, 495-501.
- Steadman, J., Pawlby, S., Mayers, A.G., Bucks, R., Miele Norton, M., Gregoire, A. and Hogan, A.M., 2007. An Exploratory Study of the Relationship between Mother-Infant Interaction and Maternal Cognitive Function in Mothers with Mental Illness. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 25, 255-269.
- Mayers, A.G. and Baldwin, D.S., 2006. The relationship between sleep disturbance and depression: A review. International Journal of Psychiatry in Clinical Practice, 10, 2-16.
- Mayers, A.G. and Baldwin, D.S., 2005. Antidepressants and their effect on sleep: a systematic review. Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental, 20, 533-559.
- Pritchard, C., Baldwin, D.S. and Mayers, A.G., 2004. Changing Patterns of Adult (45-74 years) Neurological Deaths in the Major Western World Countries 1979-97. Public Health, 118, 268-283.
- Baldwin, D.S., Mayers, A.G. and Elgie, R., 2003. Suicide in Psychiatric Inpatients. Clinical Risk, 9, 229-232.
- Tabiner, M., Youings, S., Dennis, M., Baldwin, D.S., Buis, C., Mayers, A.G., Jacobs, P.A. and Crolla, J.A., 2003. Failure to Find DUP25 in Patients with Anxiety Disorders, in Control Individuals, or in Previously Reported Positive Control Cell Lines. American Journal of Human Genetics, 72, 535-538.
- Mayers, A.G., van Hooff, J.C. and Baldwin, D.S., 2003. Assessing subjective sleep reports in the first degree relatives of antidepressant treated depressed outpatients. Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental, 18, 207-214.
- Mayers, A.G., van Hooff, J.C. and Baldwin, D.S., 2003. Quantifying subjective assessment of sleep and life-quality in antidepressant-treated depressed patients. Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental, 18, 21-27.
- Mayers, A.G., Baldwin, D.S., Dyson, R., Middleton, R. and Mustapha, A., 2003. Use of St John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum L) in members of a depression self-help organisation: a twelve-week open prospective pilot study using the HADS scale. Primary Care Psychiatry, 9, 15-20.
- Mayers, A.G. and Baldwin, D.S., 2003. Drug Treatment of Social Anxiety Disorder. Current Medical Literature: Psychiatry, 14, 55-60.
- Baldwin, D.S. and Mayers, A.G., 2003. Sexual Side Effects of Antidepressant and Antipsychotic Drugs. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, 9, 202-210.
- Dyson, R., Baldwin, D.S., Mayers, A.G., Tiernan, A. and Jenkins, G., 2002. The reported use and effectiveness of Hypericum (St John’s wort) on affective symptoms in a depression self-help group. Primary Care Psychiatry, 8, 99-102.
- Baldwin, D.S., Buis, C. and Mayers, A.G., 2002. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, 2, 717-724.
- Mayers, A., 2013. Introduction to Statistics and SPSS in Psychology. Harlow: Pearson Education.
- Baldwin, D.S., Mayers, A.G. and Lambert, A., 2004. Sexual dysfunction. In: Haddad, P.M., Dersun, S. and Deakin, B., eds. Adverse syndromes and psychiatric drugs: A Clinical Guide. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.
- Baldwin, D.S. and Mayers, A.G., 2002. Epidemiology of anxiety disorders. In: Lader, M., ed. Fast Facts - Psychiatry Highlights 2001-02. Abingdon, England: Health Press.
- Moyers-Ruiz, L., Thompson, S.B.N., Hickish, T. and Mayers, A., 2014. Prospective memory and cognitive impairment in breast cancer patients. In: 4th International Conference on Prospective Memory 26-30 May 2014 Suor Orsola Benincasa University, Naples.
- Moyers-Ruiz, L., Thompson, S.B.N., Hickish, T. and Mayers, A., 2013. Cognitive decline as a result of impaired sleep and glucose levels during chemotherapy treatment in breast cancer patients. In: American Society of Clinical Oncology 31 May-4 June 2013 McCormick Place, Chicago, USA.
- Pritchard, C., Baldwin, D. and Mayers, A., 2010. Increased neurological adult (aged 45-74) deaths between 1979-2006 in the Western world: diagnostic artefact, Gompertzian hypothesis or an environmental explanation? 602.
- Pritchard, C., 2010. A Changing patterns of neurological adult deaths in the Major Developed Countries 1979-2006: An epigenetic explanation. In: EFNS Geneva 2010: 14th Congress of the European Federation of neurological Societies 25-27 September 2010 Geneva, Switzerland.
- Sarah Hambidge, 2017. Care farming: providing better futures for young and old
- Ashley Mitchell, 2017. ‘Can we fix it?!’: Understanding the impact of children’s hospices on parental relationships of life limited and threatened children and young people
- Liliana Moyers, 2016. Chemo-Brain
- Lauren Kita, 2014. Poor sleep as a risk factor for postnatal depression
Profile of Teaching UG
- Developmental & Clinical Psychology (Clinical element)
- Applied Clinical Psychology
Mental Health in the Community, Charlton Down, Dorchester, 20 Mar 2018 more
0-19 VCS Conference (Dorset Youth Association)
Fathers' Mental Health, QA Hospital, Portsmouth, 16 Mar 2018 more
Begin Before Birth Conference
Community perinatal mental health, Reading Pavilion, 09 Nov 2017 more
Mental Health Begins in the Womb: Conference focusing on perinatal and infant mental health though pregnancy and first two years postpartum
Perinatal mental health, York Racecourse, 07 Oct 2013 more
Unison CPHVA Annual Professional Conference, York, October 2013
Sleep and mental health, University of Southampton, 15 Sep 2011 more
Falling Asleep, Staying Awake! – Sleep Disorders: Southampton, September 2011
- DorPIP, Trustee and Ambassador (2017-), https://www.dorpip.org.uk/
- Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust, Governor (2017-), https://www.dorsethealthcare.nhs.uk/join-us/governors/members-council-governors
- Mordue Pictures, Executive Producer (2017-), https://www.morduepictures.com/thestorm; The Storm
- Dorset Mind, Patron (2015-), http://www.dorsetmind.org.uk/
- Acts Fast, Chair of Trustees (2015-), http://actsfast.org.uk/
- Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experiemental, Deputy Editor (2011-), http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1099-1077/homepage/EditorialBoard.html
- Samaritans of Bournemouth and District, Patron (2010-), https://www.samaritans.org/branches/samaritans-bournemouth-and-district/introducing-our-patron
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Educating trainee health visitors on perinatal mental health
- Presentation of Perinatal Mental Health work at Houses of Parliament
- Wall of Silence - BU Festival of Learning 2017
- Oh, for a good night’s sleep! BU Festival of Learning, June 2013
- NHS Health visitor training, on postnatal depression
- Maternal Mental Illness: Managing Risk Factors BU Festival of Learning, June 2014
- Children's sleep workshops - Bournemouth primary schools
- Children’s sleep. What goes wrong? What can we do? BU Festival of Learning, June 2014
- Children’s sleep. What goes wrong? What can we do? BU Festival of Learning, June 2013
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (Southampton Solent University, 1998)
- PhD in Subjective sleep dissatisfaction in depression (Southampton Solent University, 2006)
- British Association for Psychopharmacology, Member (1998-),
- British Psychological Society, Member (1998-),
- British Sleep Spciety, Member (1998-),
- Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust, Governor (2017-), https://dorsethealthcare.nhs.uk/join-us/governors/members-council-governors
- Maternal Mental Health Allaince, Member (2014-), http://maternalmentalhealthalliance.org.uk/
- Royal Society of Arts, Fellow (2017-), https://www.thersa.org/
External Media and Press
- Dorset Mind Announces New Wellbeing Support Group in Dorchester, Dorset Eye, 09 Apr 2018. http://www.dorseteye.com/west/articles/dorset-mind-announces-new-wellbeing-support-group-in-dorchester
- Spinout record song Daddy Blues to raise awareness of postnatal depression in men, Bournemouth Echo, 09 Apr 2018. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/16144645.Band_s_song_to_raise_awareness_of_postnatal_depression_in_men/
- Spinout record song Daddy Blues to raise awareness of postnatal depression in men, Dorset Echo, 09 Apr 2018. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/16144645.spinout-record-song-daddy-blues-to-raise-awareness-of-postnatal-depression-in-men/
- 'Lessons learned' after death of Thippawan Donnelly, Dorset Echo, 24 Mar 2018. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/16113871.lessons-learned-after-death-of-thippawan-donnelly/
- 'Lessons learned' after death of Thippawan Donnelly, Bournemouth Echo, 24 Mar 2018. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/16113871.lessons-learned-over-the-death-of-thippy/?ref=mrb&lp=7
- Dorchester community coming together to improve mental health services in Dorset, Bournemouth Echo, 14 Mar 2018. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/16083535.Dorchester_community_coming_together_to_improve_mental_health_services_in_Dorset/
- Dorchester community coming together to improve mental health services in Dorset, Dorset Echo, 14 Mar 2018. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/16083535.dorchester-community-coming-together-to-improve-mental-health-services-in-dorset/
- Yes, fathers really can suffer from postnatal depression, Daily Mail, 06 Feb 2018. http://andrewmayers.info/postnatal%20depression%20-%20Daily%20Mail.pdf
- Time To Talk Day 2018: How to talk to somebody who is experiencing suicidal thoughts, Metro UK News, 01 Feb 2018. http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/01/time-to-talk-day-2018-how-to-talk-to-somebody-who-is-experiencing-suicidal-thoughts-7242974/
- Educators tackle children's sleep issues, Bournemouth Echo, 26 Jun 2010. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/8243113.Educators_tackle_children_s_sleep_issues/
- We need our sleep for our health’s sake, Bournemouth Echo, 09 Oct 2010. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/8442329.We_need_our_sleep_for_our_health___s_sake/
- Sweet dreams are made of this, Bournemouth Echo, 16 Dec 2010. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/features/8740083.Sweet_dreams_are_made_of_this/
- Callers to Samaritans double in three years, Bournemouth Echo, 22 Dec 2011. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9432874.Callers_to_Samaritans_double_in_three_years/
- Biker on 6,000 mile road trip for the Samaritans calls in to Bournemouth, Bournemouth Echo, 07 Jul 2012. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9804063.Biker_on_6_000_mile_road_trip_for_the_Samaritans_calls_in_to_Bournemouth/
- Can't sleep, won't sleep, TES, 27 Jul 2012. https://www.tes.com/news/tes-archive/tes-publication/cant-sleep-wont-sleep
- Parents offered 'get your child to sleep' classes as pupils turn up to lessons too tired, Daily Mail, 27 Jul 2012. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180003/Parents-offered-child-sleep-classes-pupils-turn-lessons-tired.html
- Bournemouth school waking up to sleep patterns, Bournemouth Echo, 12 Nov 2012. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10041393.Bournemouth_school_waking_up_to_sleep_patterns/
- Bournemouth Samaritans celebrate 60th anniversary of charity, Bournemouth Echo, 07 Nov 2013. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10791978.Bournemouth_Samaritans_celebrate_60th_anniversary_of_charity/
- December 25? it will be business as usual for us - meet the Christmas Day workers, Bournemouth Echo, 08 Dec 2013. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10855094.December_25__it_will_be_business_as_usual_for_us___meet_the_Christmas_Day_workers/
- Bridport Mental Health Drop-in Centre opens, Bridport & Lyme Regis News, 25 Sep 2014. http://www.bridportnews.co.uk/news/11497553.Bridport_Mental_Health_Drop_in_Centre_opens/
- Should we be worried about rise in antidepressant use?, The Independent, 15 Jan 2015. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/should-we-be-worried-about-the-rise-of-antidepressants-9959957.html
- Trust your instincts, Mother & Baby Magazine, 02 Feb 2015. http://andrewmayers.info/MotherBaby%20feature%20-%20Feb%202015.pdf
- Nap time for university students, Daily Telegraph, 03 Feb 2015. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/student-life/11386240/Nap-time-for-university-students.html
- Duchess of Cambridge - children's mental health, Bournemouth Echo, 12 Feb 2015. http://andrewmayers.info/Kate%20shines%20light%20-%20Echo%20with%20Mayers%20comments.pdf
- “We all know a child being abused” – mum speaks out at conference on grooming, Bournemouth Echo, 14 Mar 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11855973.VIDEO_____We_all_know_a_child_being_abused________mum_speaks_out_at_conference_on_grooming/
- Infant Sleep, The Independent, 23 Apr 2015. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/star-wars-baby-video-of-father-putting-his-baby-daughter-to-sleep-by-copying-darth-vaders-breathing-10199367.html
- Abuse education needed to combat child sexual exploitation, Bournemouth Echo, 02 Jun 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13219064.Abuse_education_needed_to_combat_child_sexual_exploitation/
- 36,000 calls made to Bournemouth Samaritans in 2014, Bournemouth Echo, 05 Jun 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13315017.36_000_calls_made_to_Bournemouth_Samaritans_in_2014/
- Samartians Here If Your Results Are Disappointing, Dorset Eye, 13 Aug 2015. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/samartians-is-here-if-your-results-are-disappointing
- Training for police officers as part of street triage project, Dorset Echo, 07 Sep 2015. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/13650321.Training_for_police_offers_as_part_of_street_triage_project/
- Mental health training for police officers in Dorset, Bournemouth Echo, 07 Sep 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13655493.Mental_health_training_for_police_officers_in_Dorset/
- Events for World Mental Health Day, Bournemouth Echo, 06 Oct 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13806846.Events_for_World_Mental_Health_Day/
- Donation helps Acts Fast charity support child abuse victims, Bournemouth Echo, 14 Oct 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13847461.Donation_helps_Acts_Fast_charity_support_child_abuse_victims/
- Terry Waite talks about mental health at Bournemouth Uni event, Bournemouth Echo, 28 Oct 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/13900864.Terry_Waite_talks_about_mental_health_at_Bournemouth_Uni_event/
- No One Needs to Feel Alone This Christmas, Says Samaritans, Dorset Eye, 07 Dec 2015. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/no-one-needs-to-feel-alone-this-christmas-says-samaritans
- Don't be lonely this Christmas: the Samaritans can help, Bournemouth Echo, 11 Dec 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14139299.Don_t_be_lonely_this_Christmas__the_Samaritans_can_help/
- 1001 Critical Days Manifesto Relaunch in Parliament, Dorset Eye, 15 Dec 2015. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/1001-critical-days-manifesto-relaunch-in-parliament
- Mental health charity Dorset Mind celebrates its 70th year of support, Bournemouth Echo, 15 Dec 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14146238.Mental_health_charity_Dorset_Mind_celebrates_its_70th_year_of_support/
- Samaritans poised to take calls as new survey reveals extent of festive loneliness and isolation, Dorset Eye, 16 Dec 2015. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/samaritans-poised-to-take-calls-as-new-survey-reveals-extent-of-festive-loneliness-and-isolation
- Feeling lonely this Christmas? The Samaritans can help, Bournemouth Echo, 25 Dec 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14137278.Feeling_lonely_this_Christmas__The_Samaritans_can_help/
- Mental health services across Dorset set to expand, Bournemouth Echo, 28 Dec 2015. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14169777.Mental_health_services_across_Dorset_set_to_expand/
- Health and fitness movement R.E.D January in support of Dorset Mind, Dorset Eye, 13 Nov 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/health-and-fitness-movement-r-e-d-in-support-of-dorset-mind
- Should mental health education be compulsory?, Bournemouth Echo, 05 Nov 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15639674.Should_mental_health_education_be_compulsory_/
- Should mental health education be compulsory?, Dorset Echo, 05 Nov 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15639674.Should_mental_health_education_be_compulsory_/
- Dorset Mind urges Dorset’s MPs to support plea for compulsory mental health education in commons debate on Monday, Dorset Eye, 01 Nov 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-mind-urges-dorset-s-mps-to-support-plea-for-compulsory-mental-health-education-in-commons-debate-on-monday
- Dorset teen receives royal accolade for volunteering, Dorset Eye, 01 Nov 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-teen-receives-royal-accolade-for-volunteering
- 300,000 lose their jobs each year due to mental illness, Wessex FM, 26 Oct 2017. https://www.wessexfm.com/news/dorset-news/2414630/300000-lose-their-jobs-each-year-due-to-mental-illness/
- Dorset Charity tackles rising cost of mental ill-health to the economy, Dorset Eye, 26 Oct 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-charity-tackles-rising-cost-of-mental-ill-health-to-the-economy
- Fathers' mental health, Closer Magazine, 24 Oct 2017. http://andrewmayers.info/male%20postnatal%20depression%20-%20Closer%20magazine.pdf
- Dorset Mind's LGBT support group, Dorset Eye, 29 Sep 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/south/articles/this-group-really-does-change-lives
- Future Roots Farm Expands the Countrymen’s Club Across England with Support of National Lottery Funding, Dorset Eye, 15 Sep 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/future-roots-farm-expands-the-countrymens-club-across-england-with-support-of-national-lottery-funding
- The Dorchester and District Lions team up with Dorset Mind and David Upshall Insurance Services to tackle mental health issues, Dorset Echo, 30 Aug 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15502138.Fundraising_group_joins_campaign_to_tackle_mental_health_issues/
- Postnatal depression - men get it too, The Conversation UK, 20 Nov 2017. https://theconversation.com/postnatal-depression-men-get-it-too-87567
- The Dorchester and District Lions team up with Dorset Mind and David Upshall Insurance Services to tackle mental health issues, Bournemouth Echo, 30 Aug 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15502138.Fundraising_group_joins_campaign_to_tackle_mental_health_issues/
- Why postnatal depression isn’t just a mum thing, Metro UK News, 21 Nov 2017. https://www.metro.news/why-postnatal-depression-isnt-just-a-mum-thing/827799/
- Hundreds attend local Festival of Wellbeing, Bournemouth Echo, 26 Aug 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15497501.Hundreds_turn_out_for_Boscombe___s_Festival_of_Wellbeing/
- Hundreds attend local Festival of Wellbeing, Dorset Echo, 26 Aug 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15497501.Hundreds_turn_out_for_Boscombe___s_Festival_of_Wellbeing/
- Why I'm running every day this month for mental health, Bournemouth Echo, 25 Jan 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14227379.Why_I_m_running_every_day_this_month_for_mental_health/
- Women’s suicide rates rise, Dorset Eye, 04 Feb 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/women-s-suicide-rates-rise
- Drawing on the experience of being abused as a child, Dorset Eye, 09 Feb 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/drawing-on-the-experience-of-being-abused-as-a-child
- Fern Britton joins mums and dads to speak out about maternal mental health for sport relief, Dorset Eye, 24 Feb 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/fern-britton-joins-mums-and-dads-to-speak-out-about-maternal-mental-health-for-sport-relief
- "We listen": Samaritans launches new suicide prevention campaign at railway stations, Bournemouth Echo, 24 Feb 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14302589._We_listen___Samaritans_launches_new_suicide_prevention_campaign_at_railway_stations/
- Bournemouth Samaritans Working With Network Rail To Reduce Suicides, Dorset Eye, 25 Feb 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/bournemouth-samaritans-working-with-network-rail-to-reduce-suicides
- Sport Relief mental health campaign backed by BU psychologist, Bournemouth Echo, 25 Feb 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14302572.Sport_Relief_mental_health_campaign_backed_by_BU_psychologist/
- New Single from Dorset Singer Raises Awareness About Impact of Child Sexual Abuse, Dorsey Eye, 26 Feb 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/new-single-from-dorset-singer-raises-awareness-about-impact-of-child-sexual-abuse
- Day of song and talk planned to raise awareness of abuse, Bournemouth Echo, 09 Mar 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14331343.Day_of_song_and_talk_planned_to_raise_awareness_of_abuse/
- Child Sexual Abuse Awareness Event Raises £450 for Dorset Charities, Dorset Eye, 01 Apr 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/child-sexual-abuse-awareness-event-raises-450-for-dorset-charities
- Mental Health Awareness Week: 'healthy relationships vital to well-being', Bournemouth Echo, 18 May 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14500843.Mental_Health_Awareness_Week____39_healthy_relationships_vital_to_well_being__39_/
- Charity Concert Will Raise Funds for Dorset Mind to Help Support Mental Health Across Dorset, Dorset Eye, 31 May 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/charity-concert-will-raise-funds-for-dorset-mind-to-help-support-mental-health-across-dorset
- Samaritans in Bournemouth says thank you to its priceless volunteers, Dorset Eye, 01 Jun 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/samaritans-in-bournemouth-says-thank-you-to-its-priceless-volunteers
- International Father’s Mental Health Day 2016, Dorset Eye, 17 Jun 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/international-father-s-mental-health-day-2016
- How Jack the shih tzu is helping BU students with stress and mental health issues, Bournemouth Echo, 25 Jun 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14570019.How_Jack_the_shih_tzu_is_helping_BU_students_with_stress_and_mental_health_issues/?ref=rss
- "There’s still a lot that needs to be done” - £55k grant to help youngsters with mental health issues, Dorset Echo, 01 Jul 2016. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/14592247._quot_There___s_still_a_lot_that_needs_to_be_done________55k_grant_to_help_youngsters_with_mental_health_issues/
- "There’s still a lot that needs to be done” - £55k grant to help youngsters with mental health issues, Bournemouth Echo, 01 Jul 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14592247._quot_There___s_still_a_lot_that_needs_to_be_done________55k_grant_to_help_youngsters_with_mental_health_issues/
- Lord Lieutenant of Dorset becomes Patron for Acts Fast, Dorset Eye, 20 Jul 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/lord-lieutenant-of-dorset-becomes-patron-for-acts-fast
- An Afternoon Extravaganza of Music - with a Conscience, Dorset Eye, 30 Aug 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/an-afternoon-extravaganza-of-music-with-a-conscience
- It’s Okay To Talk This World Suicide Prevention Day, Dorset Eye, 07 Sep 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/it-s-okay-to-talk-this-world-suicide-prevention-day
- University marks World Mental Health Day with free events, Bournemouth Echo, 08 Oct 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14790540.University_marks_World_Mental_Health_Day_with_free_events/
- Samaritans call for suicide prevention to be made national priority, Bournemouth Echo, 13 Oct 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14796693.40_people_take_their_own_lives_every_year_in_Dorset___but_local_action_can_save_lives__say_Samaritans/
- Forty people take their own lives in Dorset every year - prevention must be a priority, Bournemouth Echo, 17 Oct 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14805476.Forty_people_take_their_own_lives_in_Dorset_every_year___prevention_must_be_a_priority/
- Children like those in your stories need more help: call for better training in schools, Bournemouth Echo, 08 Nov 2016. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14874386.Children_like_those_in_your_stories_need_more_help__call_for_better_training_in_schools/
- Introducing Dorset Mind’s Very First Christmas Single – Written by our 15 Year-Old Ambassador, Calvin Glen, Dorset Eye, 16 Nov 2016. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/introducing-dorset-mind-s-very-first-christmas-single-written-by-our-15-year-old-ambassador-calvin-glen
- The Rotary Club and Mayor of Verwood Announce New Sponsorship for Dorset Mind, Dorset Eye, 20 Aug 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/the-rotary-club-and-mayor-of-verwood-announce-new-sponsorship-for-dorset-mind
- Mental health charity welcomes Theresa May’s reforms – but says ‘staff need more than retraining’, Bournemouth Echo, 10 Jan 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15012540.Mental_health_charity_welcomes_Theresa_May___s_reforms_____but_says____staff_need_more_than_retraining___/
- Unexpected deaths of mental health patients in Dorset up 50% in three years, Dorset Echo, 16 Feb 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15095961.Unexpected_deaths_of_mental_health_patients_in_Dorset_up_50__in_three_years/
- Unexpected deaths of mental health patients in Dorset up 50% in three years, Bournemouth Echo, 16 Feb 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15095961.Unexpected_deaths_of_mental_health_patients_in_Dorset_up_50__in_three_years/
- Running for a Great Cause - Introducing Dorset Mind’s Brand New Charity Partner, Dorset Eye, 13 Mar 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/running-for-a-great-cause-introducing-dorset-mind-s-brand-new-charity-partner
- Dads left traumatised from seeing their partner give birth invited to take part in study, Dorset Echo, 17 Mar 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15163054.Dads_left_traumatised_from_seeing_their_partner_give_birth_invited_to_take_part_in_study/
- Dads left traumatised from seeing their partner give birth invited to take part in study, Bournemouth Echo, 17 Mar 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15163054.Dads_left_traumatised_from_seeing_their_partner_give_birth_invited_to_take_part_in_study/
- Births can leave fathers traumatised, The Times, 18 Mar 2017. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/births-can-leave-fathers-traumatised-5l7l5j9dd
- Stable founder Richard tackling London Marathon for Dorset Mind, Dorset Echo, 20 Mar 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15167739.Stable_founder_Richard_tackling_London_Marathon_for_Dorset_Mind/
- Stable founder Richard tackling London Marathon for Dorset Mind, Bournemouth Echo, 20 Mar 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15167739.Stable_founder_Richard_tackling_London_Marathon_for_Dorset_Mind/
- Jeremy Hunt announces ‘major’ recruitment in mental health: A new dawn or just the same old day?, Dorset Eye, 02 Aug 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/jeremy-hunt-announces-major-recruitment-in-mental-health-a-new-dawn-or-just-the-same-old-day
- BCHA Festival of Wellbeing returns to Boscombe Gardens, Dorset Eye, 31 Jul 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/bcha-festival-of-wellbeing-returns-to-boscombe-gardens
- David Upshall Insurance Services has partnered with Dorset Mind to improve access to mental health support services in Dorchester, Dorset Echo, 30 Jul 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15438030.Here_s_how_a_new_partnership_is_hoping_to_improve_mental_health_support_services/
- David Upshall Insurance Services has partnered with Dorset Mind to improve access to mental health support services in Dorchester, Bournemouth Echo, 30 Jul 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15438030.Here_s_how_a_new_partnership_is_hoping_to_improve_mental_health_support_services/
- This 'Wall of Silence' is highlighting the impact of child abuse on survivors - and they want you to see it, Dorset Echo, 13 Jul 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15409921.This___39_Wall_of_Silence__39__is_highlighting_the_impact_of_child_abuse_on_survivors___and_they_want_you_to_see_it/
- This 'Wall of Silence' is highlighting the impact of child abuse on survivors - and they want you to see it, Bournemouth Echo, 13 Jul 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15409921.This___39_Wall_of_Silence__39__is_highlighting_the_impact_of_child_abuse_on_survivors___and_they_want_you_to_see_it/
- Samaritans of Bournemouth & District Want You to Shush and Listen, Dorset Eye, 07 Jul 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/east/articles/samaritans-of-bournemouth-and-district-want-you-to-shush-and-listen
- Expanding Mental Health Support Services for Dorchester Receives a Significant Boost from David Upshall Insurance Service, Dorset Eye, 05 Jul 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/expanding-mental-health-support-services-for-dorchester-receives-a-significant-boost-from-david-upshall-insurance-service
- Different smells could be used in custody suites to calm people arrested in Dorset, Bournemouth Echo, 27 Jun 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15373536.Could_vanilla_scents_and_green_walls_help_calm_people_being_kept_in_custody_/
- Wall of Silence: Breaking the silence on child abuse, Dorset Eye, 26 May 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/wall-of-silence-breaking-the-silence-on-child-abuse
- Samaritans marks Volunteers’ Week by highlighting the difference emotional support can make in the face of disadvantage, Dorset Eye, 01 Jun 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/samaritans-marks-volunteers-week-by-highlighting-the-difference-emotional-support-can-make-in-the-face-of-disadvantage
- Three Girls: It may be closer to home than you think, Dorset Eye, 17 May 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/three-girls-it-may-be-closer-to-home-than-you-think
- Are you doing enough for your wellbeing?, Wessex FM News, 08 May 2017. https://www.wessexfm.com/news/dorset-news/2284350/are-you-doing-enough-for-your-wellbeing/
- Dorset Mind’s Youngest Ambassador Won the ‘Inspiration’ Category of Dorset Healthcare ‘Road to Wellness’ Awards, Dorset Eye, 03 May 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-mind-s-youngest-ambassador-won-the-inspiration-category-of-dorset-healthcare-road-to-wellness-awards
- Dorset Mind awarded Children in Need grant, Dorset Eye, 03 May 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-mind-win-a-grant-bid-from-children-in-need-for-their-youth-services
- Dorchester Lions raise £1000 for Dorset Mind (Bournemouth Echo), Bournemouth Echo, 12 Apr 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15219124._quot_We__39_re_hugely_grateful_quot____Charity__39_s_thanks_for_swim_event__39_s___1_000_donation/
- Dorset HealthCare is sending patients hundreds of miles to access care, Dorset Echo, 26 Mar 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15180869._Vulnerable__mental_health_patients_being_sent_hundreds_of_miles_for_treatment___at_a_cost_of___1_9M/
- No beds for mental health patients in Dorset so they're being sent as far as Durham at a cost of £1.9m, Bournemouth Echo, 26 Mar 2017. http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15182322.No_beds_for_mental_health_patients_in_Dorset_so_they__39_re_being_sent_as_far_as_Durham_at_a_cost_of___1_9m/
- Planting the Seeds of Success - Introducing Haskins Garden Centre in Ferndown as Dorset Mind’s Brand New Charity Partner, Dorset Eye, 04 Apr 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/planting-the-seeds-of-success-introducing-haskins-garden-centre-in-ferndown-as-dorset-mind-s-brand-new-charity-partner
- The Dorchester & District Lions Club Present Dorset Mind with an Early Easter Present, Dorset Eye, 06 Apr 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/the-dorchester-and-district-lions-club-present-dorset-mind-with-an-early-easter-present
- Dorset Mind’s Youngest Ambassador Won the ‘Inspiration’ Category of Dorset Healthcare ‘Road to Wellness’ Awards, Dorset Eye, 10 Apr 2017. http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/dorset-mind-s-youngest-ambassador-won-the-inspiration-category-of-dorset-healthcare-road-to-wellness-awards
- "We're hugely grateful" - Charity's thanks for swim event's £1,000 donation, Dorset Echo, 12 Apr 2017. http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/15219124._quot_We__39_re_hugely_grateful_quot____Charity__39_s_thanks_for_swim_event__39_s___1_000_donation/
- Dorset Mind #Day2Day campaign, Mental Health in the Workplace - challenging stigma. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZjYWvVRlw8&feature=youtu.be
- LBC Drivetime, Postnatal depression in fathers. http://andrewmayers.info/LBC%2026%2010%2017%20Drivetime%20part%202.mp3
- Radio Solent lunchtime, Mental health. http://andrewmayers.info/Radio%20Solent%209th%20October%202017.mp3
- ITV, Good Morning Britain, Helping men with stress and sleep. http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/sleep-week-2017/sleep-week-men-who-cant-sleep
- Forest FM, Morning show, Dorset Mind's mental health services in Dorset. http://andrewmayers.info/DR%20Andrew%20Mayers%20-%20Dorset%20MIND%20nomusic.mp3
- Radio Solent Breakfast, A new infant mental health charity for Dorset (DorPIP). http://andrewmayers.info/Radio%20Solent%2025%20August%202017.mp3
- Radio Solent election briefings 2017, Putting mental health at centre of General Election 2017. http://andrewmayers.info/Radio%20Solent%208%20May%202017.mp3
- BBC Radio 5 Live, Children's sleep. http://www.andrewmayers.info/Radio5Nov162012.mp3
- BBC Radio 5 Live, Children's sleep. http://www.andrewmayers.info/Radio5Nov212012.mp3
- BBC Radio Sheffield, Children's sleep. http://www.andrewmayers.info/RadioSheffieldNov212012.mp3
- BBC Radio Solent, Children's sleep. http://www.andrewmayers.info/RadioSolentNov212012.mp3
- Hot Radio, Sleep and postnatal depression. http://www.andrewmayers.info/HotRadio.mp3
- BBC West Midlands Radio, Sleep. http://www.andrewmayers.info/BBCWM.mp3
- BBC Three Counties Radio, Insomnia. http://www.andrewmayers.info/Three%20Counties.mp3
- Radio Solent Breakfast, Samaritans. http://www.andrewmayers.info/BBC_Radio_Solent_01_11_2013.mp3
- BBC Radio Sussex, Men and postnatal depression. http://www.andrewmayers.info/RadioSussex2014-05-07.mp3
- Radio Solent Breakfast (main). http://andrewmayers.info/RadioSolentMMHAInterview.mp3
- Breakfast in Dorset, Maternal mental health. http://andrewmayers.info/RadioSolentDorsetInterview.mp3
- BBC Radio Solent, Young people mental health. http://andrewmayers.info/RadioSolentAug2014.mp3
- BBC Radio Solent, Maternal mental health. http://www.andrewmayers.info/RadioSolentDorsetOct2014.mp3
- BBC Three Counties Radio, Shift work and sleep. http://andrewmayers.info/BBC3CRNov0414.mp3
- BBC Radio Sussex, Postnatal depression, suicide and Charlotte Bevan (Bristol) story. http://andrewmayers.info/BBC%20Radio%20Sussex%2004_12_2014.mp3
- LBC, Perinatal mental health and Suicide (listen from 4:50 for interview). http://www.andrewmayers.info/postnatal.wav
- BBC Radio Solent, Maternal Mental Health. http://andrewmayers.info/Alina%20Jenkins%2003_2015.mp3
- Radio Solent News, World Mental Health Day. http://andrewmayers.info/Julian%20Clegg%2008_10_2015%201.mp3
- British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS), Mental health. http://andrewmayers.info/BFBS%20recording%201.mp3
- British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS), Men's Mental Health. http://andrewmayers.info/BFBS%20recording%202.mp3
- Forest FM, Samaritans. http://andrewmayers.info/Dr%20Andrew%20Myers%20-%20Bournemouth%20Samaritans.mp3
- Breakfast in Dorset, World Mental Health Day. http://andrewmayers.info/Breakfast%20in%20Dorset%202.mp3
- ITV Daybreak, Children's Sleep. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd_OaMieSks
- BBC Breakfast, Children's Sleep. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20423289
- ITV Meridien News, Fixers UK: Young people's mental health. https://youtu.be/hY0xRyy9wrM
- LBC, Adele - postnatal depression. http://andrewmayers.info/LBC%20interview%20Nov%204th%202016.mp3
- Radio Solent, Breakfast in Dorset, Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group plans foe mental health services across Dorset. http://andrewmayers.info/BBC%20Radio%20Solent%2031%2003%2017.mp3