- ammanga at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Postgraduate Researcher
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am a cyber security doctoral researcher under the faculty of Science and Technology at Bournemouth University.
I received a bachelor degree in Business Information Technology from the University of Greenwich in 2011 and an MSc in Cyber Security from the University of Bradford in 2015. Professionally I come from a background in Information Systems audit.
I joined Bournemouth University in January 2016 as a doctoral researcher. My research interest considers the areas of security, risk, human cognition and system design. In essence, how can systems be designed to facilitate decision making under conditions of risk and uncertainty.
- M'manga, A., Faily, S., McAlaney, J. and Williams, C., 2017. Folk Risk Analysis: Factors Influencing Security Analysts’ Interpretation of Risk. In: 3rd Workshop on Security Information Workers 12-14 July 2017 Santa Clara, USA. Usenix Association.
- M'manga, A., 2017. Designing Systems for Risk Based Decision Making. In: British HCI 2017 Doctoral Consortium 3-6 July 2017 University of Sunderland.
- M'Manga, A., Faily, S., McAlaney, J. and Williams, C., 2017. System design considerations for risk perception. 322-327.
- M'MANGA, A., 2016. Understanding OAuth as a Predecessor of OpenID Connect and User Awareness of Web Single Sign On (SSO). In: UK Performance Engineering Workshop & Cyber Security Workshop 8-9 September 2016 Univerisity of Bradford. 117-125.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Cyber Security Management Fundamentals - Teaching Assistant
- Project Management and Teamworking - Teaching Assistant
- Business & Professional Issues - Teaching Assistant
Risk based decision making in cyber security, Tokyo, 07 Feb 2018 more
Was Invited to give a guest lecture on risk based decision making by the Nara Institution of Science and Technology (NAIST) in Japan. The lecture was be a part of Japan’s Industrial Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (ICS-CoE) one year programme aimed at developing defence capabilities against cyber-attacks in key infrastructure and industrial infrastructure
- BSc (Hons) in Business Information Technology (University of Greenwich, 2011)
- MSc in Cyber Security (University of Bradford, 2015)