Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Andrew is a lecturer (academic) in computing - cyber security under the faculty of Science and Technology.
Following a BSc (Hons) in Business Information Technology from the University of Greenwich, and an MSc in Cyber Security from the University of Bradford, Andrew completed a dstl sponsored PhD in designing systems for cyber security Risk-based Decision Making with Bournemouth University. Professionally he comes from a background in Information Systems Audit.
Andrew's research interests are in the areas of security, risk, human cognition, and systems design. In essence, investigating how systems should be designed to facilitate decision making under conditions of risk and uncertainty - with cyber security as the primary focus.
- M’manga, A., Faily, S., McAlaney, J., Williams, C., Kadobayashi, Y. and Miyamoto, D., 2019. A normative decision-making model for cyber security. Information and Computer Security, 26 (5), 636-646.
- M'MANGA, A., Faily, S., McAlaney, J. and Williams, C., 2018. Rationalising Decision Making about Risk: A Normative Approach. In: 12th International Symposium on Human Aspects of Information Security & Assurance 29-31 August 2018 Dundee, UK. University of Plymouth.
- M'MANGA, A., Faily, S., McAlaney, J., Williams, C., Kadobayashi, Y. and Miyamoto, D., 2018. Eliciting Persona Characteristics for Risk Based Decision Making. In: 32nd International BCS Human Computer Interaction Conference 2-6 July 2018 Belfast, UK.
- M'MANGA, A., Faily, S., McAlaney, J., Kadobayashi, Y. and Miyamoto, D., 2018. Qualitative Adaptation: Informing Design for Risk-based Decision Making. In: 2nd Workshop on the Challenges and Opportunities for Qualitative Data Research Methods in HCI 2-6 July 2018 Belfast, UK.
- M'manga, A., Faily, S., McAlaney, J. and Williams, C., 2017. Folk Risk Analysis: Factors Influencing Security Analysts’ Interpretation of Risk. In: 3rd Workshop on Security Information Workers 12-14 July 2017 Santa Clara, USA. Usenix Association.
- M'manga, A., 2017. Designing Systems for Risk Based Decision Making. In: British HCI 2017 Doctoral Consortium 3-6 July 2017 University of Sunderland.
- M'Manga, A., Faily, S., McAlaney, J. and Williams, C., 2017. System design considerations for risk perception. 322-327.
- M'MANGA, A., 2016. Understanding OAuth as a Predecessor of OpenID Connect and User Awareness of Web Single Sign On (SSO). In: UK Performance Engineering Workshop & Cyber Security Workshop 8-9 September 2016 Univerisity of Bradford. 117-125.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Security and Privacy in IoT
Profile of Teaching UG
- Enterprise Security and Privacy
Risk based decision making in cyber security, Tokyo, 07 Feb 2018 more
Was Invited to give a guest lecture on risk based decision making by the Nara Institution of Science and Technology (NAIST) in Japan. The lecture was be a part of Japan’s Industrial Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (ICS-CoE) one year programme aimed at developing defence capabilities against cyber-attacks in key infrastructure and industrial infrastructure
- PhD in Computing (cyber security) (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- MSc in Cyber Security (University of Bradford, 2015)
- BSc (Hons) in Business Information Technology (University of Greenwich, 2011)
- Best Student Poster (Models to decisions (M2D), 2018)