- 01202 961528
- jantolin at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Demonstrator In Psychology
- Poole House P104a, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a Part-time Demonstrator in Bournemouth University (BU), particularly providing technical support for eye-tracking. At the same time, I am also a PhD student in BU, working under the supervision of Dr. Nicola Gregory.
I have received my BSc Psychology degree on 2015 and have obtained my MSc on Developmental and Clinical Neuropsychology, last 2016 in BU.
My PhD is focused on investigating the safety behaviours and attentional bias in social anxiety as well as establishing the efficacy of oxytocin and Acceptance Based Commitment therapy, as intervention for social anxiety.
On the other hand, I am also working with Dr. Nicola Gregory in various research projects that utilises eye-tracking to investigate the gaze behaviour of typical and those with social communicative disorders including autism, social anxiety and borderline personality disorder, during exposure to dynamic videos and real-time social interactions.
- Gregory, N.J., Bolderston, H. and Antolin, J.V., 2019. Attention to faces and gaze-following in social anxiety: preliminary evidence from a naturalistic eye-tracking investigation. Cognition and Emotion, 33 (5), 931-942.
- Gregory, N.J. and Antolin, J.V., 2019. Does social presence or the potential for interaction reduce social gaze in online social scenarios? Introducing the “live lab” paradigm. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 72 (4), 779-791.
- International Convention of Psychological Science, The role of oxytocin in relation to social anxiety traits., 23 Mar 2017, Vienna Austria
- Cognitive Psychology Section Annual Conference, Impaired reporting of social awkwardness in the presence of implicit eye movement recognition effects in autistic spectrum disorder, 31 Aug 2016, Spain, Barcelona
- MSc in Developmental and Clinical Neuropsychology (2016)
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology (2015)