- jmcmullen at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
Affordable and clean energy
"Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
Peace, justice and strong institutions
"Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels"
- McMullen, J. and Ginige, T., 2021. Clearing the Air: An Analysis of Atmospheric Protections and Pollutant Regulation in the United Kingdom Before, During, and After the EU. Gdańskie Studia Prawnicze.
- McMullen, J., 2018. The Erosion of Caveat Emptor: The Impact of Protectionist Legislative and Judicial Developments in Favour of Legal Certainty and the Subsequent Effects on Freedom of Contract. Bournemouth University Law Review.
Profile of Teaching PG
- LLM International Law of the Environment
Profile of Teaching UG
- Legal Skills and Systems
- Criminal Law
- Law of Obligations 2
- Environmental Law
- Environmental Law and Management
- Forensic Law and Practice
- Forensic Practice
- Applications of Environmental Science
- BCP/BU Air Quality Partnership - Particulate Matter Bid (Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council, 01 Mar 2023). In Progress
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- All-Party Parliamentary Health Group (10 May 2023)
- BBC Radio Solent interview on particulate pollution and public health (15 Mar 2023)
- BBC Radio Dorset Interview interview on particulate pollution and public health (15 Mar 2023)
- British Ecological Society Annual Meet 2023, The Tyrannical Concentration of Powers in the Secretary of State for the Environment: Post-Brexit Concerns in Environmental Law, 12 Dec 2023, Belfast, Ireland
- International Student Round Table on Artificial Intelligence, Access to Justice - Human Rights, Tort, and AI, 08 Nov 2023, Kyiv National Economic University
- European Environmental Law Forum Conference, 08 Sep 2021, Bournemouth University
- Vice-Chancellor's Staff Awards nomination for contributions to the BU Law Community (Bournemouth University, 2023)
- British Ecological Society, Member (2023-),
- Advance HE, Fellow (2022-),
- European Environmental Law Forum, Member (2021-),
- Environment Threats and Strategic Research Group, Team Leader (2020-),