Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I’m a marketing communications expert with over 15 years experience teaching across UK Universities and business consulting for some of the Britain's iconic fashion retail brands. I enjoyed 3 years at Sanctuary Music as Head of Global Fashion & Licensing, where I led a team of creatives and brand managers to develop and create fashion music merchandise for bands/artists ranging from the Stone Roses to Girls Aloud.
I have worked extensively in marketing agency environments and managed packaging and brand identity client accounts from FMCG to wellbeing sectors, notably Argos, North Face, Danone, Bon Marche, Evian, Topshop and H&M's. I spent several years working in agencies in Manchester, Leeds, Paris, Istanbul and London before landing myself back into Academia in 2015.
Areas of teaching expertise are: International Marketing; Strategic Marketing; Fashion and Retail Marketing; Fashion Advertising; Media & Campaign Planning; Consumer Behaviour and Entrepreneurial Marketing. I’m a graduate from Manchester Business School with a PhD (2004) in consumer behaviour in fashion, streetwear sector...
Externally, I’ve delivered and presented research at conferences, (British Academy of Management, Global Academic Research Institute) and my research interest areas are namely (but not limited to) consumer decision processes; digital fashion, fashion advertising in global markets and fashion branding values. I’m currently compiling content for a new fashion-marketing textbook: “Contemporary Issues in Fashion Retailing: Case studies of challenges and changes in the fashion world”.
I have also worked and studied internationally and speak French fluently. In my spare time you can find me on the beach, travel writing (my other passion), scuba diving or skiing with my kids.more
- Nash, J., 2018. Exploring how social media platforms influence fashion consumer decisions in the UK retail sector. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal.
- Nash, J., 2018. Exploring social media influences on colour cosmetics purchase decisions for females aged 45+. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, 12 (1), 1-35.
- Nash, J., 2017. Eating Ourselves into Identity? An Investigation into the Relationship between Dining-Out Experiences and Identity Production on Instagram amongst Female Young Professionals. Journal of Promotional Communications, 5 (2).
- Nash, J., 2002. Retailers and supplier relationships: Going live with B2B. International Journal of New Product Development & Innovation Management, 4 (1).
- Olajumoke Fatoki, 2021. “Store Atmospherics: The Impact Of The Shopping Environment On Buying Behaviour At Shoprite Mall In Southern Nigeria.”
Profile of Teaching UG
- Media Planning
- Live Advertising Campaigns
- Brand Management
- International Fashion Marketing Communications
- Fashion retail research (Technitex, 01 Sep 2001). Completed
- PhD thesis (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, 01 Sep 2000). Completed
- Global Academic Research Institute, Country Ambassador (2018-), http://globalacademicresearchinstitute.com/
- Programme Leader BA (Hons) Advertising, CMC
- Faculty Global Engagement Lead (CMC), Global Engagement
- International Conference Digital Marketing, Exploring media affects on consumption of colour cosmetics, 16 May 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- British Academy of Management, Exploring consumer centricity in retail, 01 Jun 2005, Harrogate, UK
- Understanding the Commuter Experience, Research. Exterion Media, COG, 01 Jun 2016
- Doctoral Supervision Training, 01 Feb 2018
- PGCE in PGcert Higher Education (Bournemouth University, 2017)
- PhD in Consumer Behaviour (Manchester University, 2004)
- BSc (Hons) in Marketing (Manchester University, 2001)
- Ambassador (Global Academic Institute, 2018)
- Best overall paper for digital marketing (Global Academic Research Institute (GARI), 2018)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing, Member (2007-), https://www.cim.co.uk/
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2017-), http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/
- Academy of Marketing Fashion Consortium https://www.fashionmarketingandconsumption.com