Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I’m a marketing communications expert, with almost 12 years experience at leading UK universities (Manchester and Liverpool), and consulting for some of the UK’s iconic fashion retail brands, such as Selfridges and House of Fraser and TopShop. I enjoyed 3 years at Sanctuary Music as Head of Global Fashion & Licensing, where I led a team of creatives and brand managers to develop and create fashion music merchandise for bands/artists ranging from the Stone Roses to Girls Aloud. Equally I have worked extensively in a marketing agency environment, and managed client advertising accounts from food and drink to sport and wellbeing sectors. Areas of teaching expertise are: International Marketing; Strategic Marketing; Fashion and Retail Marketing; Fashion Advertising; Media & Campaign Planning; Consumer Behaviour & Profiling; PR and Entrepreneurial Marketing. I’m a graduate from Manchester University Business School, (2004) with a PhD, in consumer behaviour in fashion /streetwear.
Externally, I’ve delivered and presented research at conferences, (British Academy of Management) and my research interest areas are namely (but not limited to) consumer decision processes; fashion mobile apps; fashion ethics & theory; sustainable British fashion; heritage fashion branding; fashion advertising in global markets and fashion branding values... I’m currently drafting a proposal for a new fashion-marketing textbook: “Contemporary Issues in Fashion Retailing: Case studies of challenges and changes in the fashion world”. I have also worked and studied internationally, and speak French fluently. In my spare time you can find me on the beach, travel writing (my other passion), scuba diving, or biking with my kids.more
- Nash, J., 2017. Eating Ourselves into Identity? An Investigation into the Relationship between Dining-Out Experiences and Identity Production on Instagram amongst Female Young Professionals. Journal of Promotional Communications, 5 (2).
- Nash, J., 2002. Retailers and supplier relationships: Going live with B2B. International Journal of New Product Development & Innovation Management, 4 (1).
Profile of Teaching UG
- International Fashion Marketing Communications
- Brand Management
- Live Advertising Campaigns
- Media Planning
- Fashion retail research (Technitex, 01 Sep 2001). Completed
- PhD thesis (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, 01 Sep 2000). Completed
- Programme Leader BA (Hons) Advertising, CMC
- International Conference Digital Marketing, Exploring media affects on consumption of colour cosmetics, 16 May 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- British Academy of Management, Exploring consumer centricity in retail, 01 Jun 2005, Harrogate, UK
- Understanding the Commuter Experience, Research. Exterion Media, COG, 01 Jun 2016
- Doctoral Supervision Training, 01 Feb 2018
- BSc (Hons) in Marketing (Manchester University, 2001)
- PhD in Consumer Behaviour (Manchester University, 2004)
- PGCE in PGcert Higher Education (Bournemouth University, 2017)