Dr Louise Preget
- 01202 965958
- lpreget at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In HRM and Organisational Studies
- Dorset House D232, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a Senior Lecturer in The Business School at Bournemouth University. My research interests include an interest in the application of ethnomethodology and conversation analysis to the study of managerial work.
My teaching interests include delivery on a range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Business Programmes, in particular the BA (Hons) Business Studies degree. My specialisms are HRM, Organisational Behaviour and Management Ethics. In addition, I have been actively involved in the development of research skills amongst undergraduates within the Business School. I have been involved in research supervision at the UG,PG and PhD levels.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
Responsible consumption and production
"Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns"
- Preget, L., 2023. A conceptual framework for understanding the learning processes integral to the development of responsible management practice. Journal of Management Development, 42 (2), 125-140.
- Preget, L., 2013. Understanding Organizational Change as an Interactional Accomplishment: A Conversation Analytic Approach. Journal of Change Management, 13 (3), 338-361.
- Preget, L. and Preget, L., 2013. Understanding Organizational Change as an Interactional Accomplishment: A Conversation Analytic Approach. The Journal of Change Management. The Journal of Change Management, 13 (3), 338-361.
- Bobeva, M., Preget, L. and Taylor, D., 2015. Understanding and Engaging Millennials as Mentors at the Workplace. In: 31st International Business Research Conference 27-29 July 2015 Toronto, Canada.
- Bobeva, M., Taylor, D. and Preget, L., 2015. Reverse mentoring in higher education: bridging the generation gap. In: Association of Business Schools (ABS) Learning, Teaching and Student Experience conference 27-29 April 2015 York, UK.
- Preget, L., 1997. Organising managerial work by talk. In: Ist International 'Organisation' Conference 3-4 April 1997 University of Warwick, England.
- Preget, L., 1993. A place for ethnomethodology in managerial work. In: British Academy of Management Conference 20-22 September 1993 Milton Keynes, England.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Globally Responsible Business Practice
- Fundamentals of HRM
Business Ethics, virtual, 23 May 2023 more
Bournemouth and Poole Chamber of Commerce
- panel member, Academic Offenses
- panel member, placement exemption board
- ABS Learning, teaching and student experience conference, York April 2015, The role of Reverse Mentoring in engaging and developing millenials., 28 Apr 2015, York, England
- BA (Hons) in Business Studies (DIHE, 1996)
- PhD in An ethnomethodological study of managerial work (CNAA, 1993)
- PhD in Ethnomethodological study of managerial work (CNAA, 1993)
- Excellence in Education for Sustainable Development Award 2020’ (Bournemouth University, 2020)
- SUBU ‘ Most outstandingly Brilliant’ Silver award for ‘most brilliant support of international students’ 2014 (SUBU, 2014)
- Chartered Institute of Management, Member (2016-),
- Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow (2014-),
- CIPD, Member (2010-), http://www.cipd.co.uk/