Dr Lingling Wei
- 01202 968751
- lwei at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Business Law
- Weymouth House W404, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I specialise in the IP law, in particular, trade mark, design and Patent law. I worked as a registered trade mark attorney in China for four years and I am now an associate member of Institute of trade Mark attorney in the UK. Currently my research interest focuses on the legal regulation of ambush marketing. I have presented a few papers on this topic at the international sports law conferences. I am working with Professor Martin Kretschmer on a research monograph titled Ambush Marketing: Sponsors, Thieves and the Law of MegaGames.
- Erickson, K. and Wei, L., 2015. Intellectual property enclosure and economic discourse in the 2012 London Olympic Games. Media, Culture and Society, 37 (3), 409-421.
- Wei, L., 2015. Questions of Translation and Dilution –the CJEU rules on Similarity between GOLDEN BALLS and BALLON D’OR. European Intellectual Property Review, 37 (4), 251-255.
- Kretschmer, M. and Wei, L., 2004. Ambush Marketing: A Study of Strategies and Legal Responses. International Sports Law Review Pandektis, 5, 456-468.
- Soetendorp, R. and Wei, L., 2011. Intellectual property education in China. In: Reuvid, J., ed. Business Insights: China - Managing Risk. Kogan Page.
- A Review of the Intellectual Property Enforcement Landscape in the UK (UK Intellectual Property Office, 01 Feb 2018). Completed
- Regulating Internet Intermediaries in China: Legal and Empirical Evidence for Better Policy Making. (AHRC, 15 Mar 2016). In Progress