Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I joined Bournemouth University as a University Practice Learning Advisor in June 2022. I was awarded a first-class honours degree in Adult Nursing in 2019, having studied at Bournemouth University. My first qualified post was in Day Surgery where I gained skills, knowledge, and experience of both ward-based and theatre scrub nurse activity. My passion for teaching led to a year-long secondment as a Non-Medical Undergraduate Practice Educator within my local Trust. This experience solidified my desire to support students as a career choice.
My role as a University Practice Learning Advisor is diverse, enabling me to deal with student concerns, assist and support practice partners and maintain the quality of practice environments. Collaborative working with practice partners and university colleagues is an essential element of my role, based on mutual trust and respect. I regularly co-facilitate coaching workshops for practice supervisors (pre- and post- registration) and practice assessors... I am also joint lead for the practice-based unit for third year healthcare students.
My interests include the student journey, addressing possible pitfalls in practice learning and how these can be avoided and / or remedied.more
Profile of Teaching PG
- Practice Supervisor Workshop
- Practice Assessor Workshop
Profile of Teaching UG
- Undergraduate Practice Supervisor Workshop
- BSc (Hons) in Adult Nursing (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Member (2019-),
- Royal College of Nursing, Member (2016-),
- OPAL Steering Group BSW Placement Oversight and Management Group PCMG (Swindon Campus Pre-Registration Programmes delivery)