Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
https://www.commonhealthassets.uk/ The research initiative is focused on how community led organisations build and mobilise their ‘assets’ to impact on health and wellbeing of those living in deprived areas.
This research is important because policy attention on community approaches to health and wellbeing has often increased faster than the evidence base.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Good health and well-being
"Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages"
"Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
Sustainable cities and communities
"Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable"
- Baker, R.M., Chipuriro, R., Fenge, L.A., Porter, S. et al., 2023. Common health assets protocol: a mixed-methods, realist evaluation and economic appraisal of how community-led organisations (CLOs) impact on the health and well-being of people living in deprived areas. BMJ open, 13 (3), e069979.
- Chipuriro, R., 2023. Vulnerabilities, power, and gendered violence in food systems. Agenda, 37 (1), 62-71.
- Chipuriro, R.M. and Batisai, K., 2018. Unsung heroines and violence for the land: narratives of elderly women farmers’ experiences in South Africa and Zimbabwe. Agenda, 32 (4), 54-64.
- Generating new insights into Asylums seekers’ lived experiences with community based mental health care support services (NIHR Clinical Research Network Wessex, 01 Aug 2023). In Progress
- Institutional Representative Faculty of Health and Social Science, Research Staff Association
- Social Sciences & Humanities Open, 26 Jul 2023
- Journal of Aging and Social Policy, 04 Apr 2022
- PhD in Sociology (University of Johannesburg, 2021)
- Master of Arts in Social Development (University of Witwatersrand, 2014)
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Social Work (University of Zimbabwe, 2007)
- Associate Fellow (Advance HE, 2023)
Social Media Links
- Twitter, @chipuriror