Dr Roberta Discetti
- rdiscetti at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Business and Management
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a Lecturer in Organisational Behaviour and Business Ethics at the Business School, Bournemouth University. I hold a BA in philosophy (University of Naples), a MA in philosophy (University of Siena) and an MSc in environmental communication (University of Bologna). I have completed a PhD in Organisation Studies at the University of Portsmouth, with a study on Fairtrade certification and consumer activism in Fairtrade Towns. My research revolves around the sustainability of food systems, ethical consumption, and market-based activism and social movements campaigning for sustainable and equitable food systems. Being very keen on academia-practice synergies, I have collaborated with several NGOs in the UK and abroad, including the Fairtrade Foundation in London and the Fair Trade Advocacy Office in Brussels. Since 2017, I am an active member of the International Fair Trade Symposium Steering Committee.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
Sustainable cities and communities
"Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable"
Responsible consumption and production
"Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns"
"Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts"
- Discetti, R. and Anderson, V., 2023. The Value of Netnography for Research in HRD. Human Resource Development Review, 22 (1), 59-83.
- Smith, H., Discetti, R., Bellucci, M. and Acuti, D., 2022. SMEs engagement with the Sustainable Development Goals: A power perspective. Journal of Business Research, 149, 112-122.
- Amilien, V., Discetti, R., Lecoeur, J.L., Roos, G., Tocco, B. and Gorton, M., 2022. European food quality schemes in everyday food consumption: An exploration of sayings and doings through pragmatic regimes of engagement. Journal of Rural Studies, 95 (10), 336-349.
- Discetti, R. and Anderson, M., 2022. Hybrid consumer activism in Fairtrade Towns: exploring digital consumer activism through spatiality. Consumption Markets and Culture.
- Discetti, R., 2021. Campaigning for sustainable food: sustainably certified consumer communities. British Food Journal, 123 (3), 958-973.
- Discetti, R., Anderson, M. and Gardner, A., 2020. Campaign spaces for sustainable development: a power analysis of the Fairtrade Town Campaign in the UK. Food Chain, 9 (1), 8-28.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Leading and Managing Change in Socially Responsible Organisations (MBA)
- Research Supervision (MSc Management and MBA)
- Leading and Managing Change in Socially Responsible Organisations (SLA)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Research Methods in Business and Management (Level 6)
- Research Project Unit (Level 6)
- Contemporary Issues in HR Management (Level 6)
- Organisational Behaviour and Responsible Management (Level 4)
- PhD in Organisation studies (University of Portsmouth, 2021)
- Msc in Environmental communication (University of Bologna, 2017)
- MA(Hons) in Philosophy (University of Siena, 2014)
- BA(Hons) in Philosophy (University Federico II Napoli, 2011)
Social Media Links
- LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/roberta-discetti-62151b99/
- Twitter, @Robi_Discetti