Dr Martin Osei
- mosei at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Business and Management
- Dorset House D230, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Martin joined Bournemouth University in September 2021 as a Lecturer in Business and Management, in the Department of People and Organisation in the Bournemouth University Business School. He completed his PhD at the University of Kent after successfully defending his thesis on organisational culture and sustainable supply chain performance, the role of supply chain integration in November 2021. His PhD was focused on the food manufacturing industry in both the UK and Greece.
Dr Osei is highly knowledgeable in business and management as he obtained his first degree in Business and Management and master’s degree in international business. Due to this, Martin can teach varieties of business and management related units both at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels. At the undergraduate level, he teaches Operations Management, Supply Chain Management and Research in Business and Management. At the postgraduate level (MBA), Martin teaches Business Analytics on the Managing Organisational and Individual Performance unit...
Dr Osei is fellow of Higher Education Academy and has presented in numerous national and international conferences. Martin’s research is highly focused supply chain management especially on sustainability in the food supply chains, supply chain integration and revealing the types of organisational culture and values relevant for achieving higher sustainability performance. His research is extending to include additive manufacturing, and concepts relating to circular supply chains. Martin has been a reviewer for prestigious journals such as Journal of Cleaner Production and International Journal of Production and Quality Management.
Currently, Martin has sought to provide thought leadership in terms of examining how cultural values can be used in enhancing the sustainability performance of food manufacturing firms in both developed and developing economies.more
Dr Osei is a very self-driven early career researcher and his research is highly focused on supply chain management especially on sustainability in the food supply chains, supply chain integration and revealing the types of organisational culture and values relevant for achieving higher sustainability performance and circular economy. His research is extending to include additive manufacturing, and concepts relating to circular supply chains. Currently, Dr Osei is working on publishing research on organisational culture and sustainability performance in both developed and developing economies.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
Sustainable cities and communities
"Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable"
Responsible consumption and production
"Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns"
Partnership for the Goals
"Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development"
- Osei, M.B., Papadopoulos, T., Acquaye, A. and Stamati, T., 2023. Improving sustainable supply chain performance through organisational culture: A competing values framework approach. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 29 (2).
- Afum, E., Agyabeng-Mensah, Y., Baah, C., Acquah, I.S.K. and Osei, M.B., 2023. Empirical evidence of SMEs' ecopreneurship posture, green competitiveness and community-based performance: the neglected missing linkages of green practices. International Journal of Emerging Markets.
- Boohene, R., Gyimah, R.A. and Osei, M.B., 2020. Social capital and SME performance: the moderating role of emotional intelligence. Journal of Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies, 12 (1), 79-99.
- Serwaa Boateng, J., Mensah, M.S.B., Kosi, I., Appiah-Boateng, S. and Osei, M., 2023. Digitalization of Business Operations and Empowerment of Female Entrepreneurs. Empowering Women in the Digital Economy A Quest for Meaningful Connectivity and Access in Developing Countries. New York: Routledge Taylor and Francis.
- Boateng, J.S., Mensah, M.S.B., Kosi, I., Appiah-Boateng, S. and Osei, M.B., 2023. Digitalization of Business Operations and Empowerment of Female Entrepreneurs. Empowering Women in the Digital Economy: A Quest for Meaningful Connectivity and Access in Developing Countries. 47-70.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Managing Organisational and Individual Performance (Business Analytics)
Profile of Teaching UG
- Global Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Research in Business and Management
- PhD in Management Science (University of Kent, 2022)
- MA in International Business (University of Anatolia, Turkey, 2017)
- BSc (Hons) in Management Studies (University of Cape Coast, Ghana, 2012)
- AdvanceHE, Fellowship (2022-),