Dr Sukanya Ayatakshi Endow
- 01202 963534
- sayatakshi at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Principal Academic in Entrepreneurship
- Dorset House D232, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Sukanya Ayatakshi-Endow is a Senior Academic in Entrepreneurship within the Business School at the Faculty of Management. She is passionate about the power of enterprise in bringing about social change and works closely with various local organisations in developing values-driven and purpose-led enterprises. Sukanya has set up the BU Social Entrepreneurs Forum, in association with the Association of Sustainability Practitioners and Poole Bay Rotary Club, to consolidate support for the local and regional social enterprises.
Sukanya is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Authority and a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute.
Sukanya's current research interest include Entrepreneurial Finance; gender issues in enterprise; AI in entrepreneurial decision making and social enterprises.
Webster, Allan & Ayatakshi, Sukanya, 2013. "The effect of fossil energy and other environmental taxes on profit incentives for change in an open economy: Evidence from the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1422-1431.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
"Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls"
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
- Ayatakshi-Endow, S., Polkinghorne, M. and Okafor, U., 2022. It’s Not Just Physical: Gender and Bias in Equity Crowdfunding. , 81-110.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S. and Steele, J., 2021. Striving for Balance: Women Entrepreneurs In Brazil, Their Multiple Gendered Roles and Covid-19. International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship.
- Webster, A. and Ayatakshi, S., 2013. "The Effect of Fossil Energy and Other Environmental Taxes on Profit Incentives for Change in an Open Economy: Evidence from the UK". Energy Policy.
- Webster, A. and Ayatakshi, S., 2013. The Effect of Fossil Energy and Other Environmental Taxes on Profit Incentives for Change in an Open Economy: Evidence from the UK. Energy Policy.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2015. Entrepreneurship in Transitional Economies. In: Holscher, J. and Tomann, H., eds. The New Palgrave Dictionary of Transition Economies. Palgrave.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S. and Polkinghorne, M., 2021. Gender Bias in Equity Crowdfunding. In: Eurasian Business and Economics Society - 36th EBES Conference 1-3 July 2021 Istanbul - Turkey.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2015. Reviewing Online Assessment Strategy: A case study approach. In: ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Conference, York, UK, 28-29 April 2014 28-29 April 2015 Yorkshire, UK.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2015. Innovation in Teaching Entrepreneurship: A case study approach. In: 21st Academic Discussion Forum 3-8 March 2015 Harvard University, Boston, USA.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2015. Enhancing Student Experience For Online Students- Evaluating ‘Discussion Forums’ For Further Innovation. In: 21st Academic Discussion Forum 3-8 March 2015 Harvard University, Boston, USA.
- Ayatakshi, S., 2013. SMEs and environmental taxation: a mixed methods approach. In: 14th Global Conference on Environmental Taxation 17-20 October 2013 Kyoto, Japan.
- Ayatakshi, S., 2013. Exploring the increase in social enterprises in the UK in the financial crisis period 2007-2010. In: British Academy of Management 10-12 September 2013 Liverpool, UK.
- Ayatakshi, S. and Yanti, E., 2012. The effects of taxes on different sectors of the economy: A comparison of selected Asian countries. In: 5th International Colloquium on Business and Management, 9-12 July 2012 Bangkok, Thailand.
- Webster, A. and Ayatakshi, S., 2011. The impact of environmental taxation on the underlying incentives for industrial transformation: evidence from the UK. In: 12th Global Conference on Environmental Taxation 19-21 October 2011 Madrid, Spain.
- Ayatakshi, S., 2010. SMEs and environmental taxation. In: Tax Research Network 6-8 September 2010 Bangor, Wales, UK.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S. and Steele, J., 2021. How Refugee Entrepreneurs are Surviving the Pandemic. Sukanya. Available from: https://www.pioneerspost.com/news-views/20210324/how-refugee-entrepreneurs-are-surviving-the-pandemic.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2021. Embedding UN SDGs in Teaching Entrepreneurship at BU. Available from: https://blogs.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/2021/02/15/embedding-un-sdgs-in-teaching-entrepreneurship-at-bu/.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2021. Student Entrepreneurship at Bournemouth University. Available from: https://blogs.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/2021/01/28/student-entrepreneurship-at-bournemouth-university/.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2020. Women Entrepreneurs and Covid-19- Global Entrepreneurship Week 2020. Available from: https://blogs.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/2020/11/25/women-entrepreneurs-and-covid-19-celebrating-bu-global-entrepreneurship-week-2020/.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2020. Refugee Entrepreneurship and Covid-19. Available from: https://blogs.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/2020/11/25/refugee-entrepreneurship-and-covid-19-bu-global-entrepreneurship-week-2020/.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S.. Refugee Entrepreneurship and Covid-19- Global Entrepreneurship week 2020. Available from: https://blogs.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/2020/11/25/refugee-entrepreneurship-and-covid-19-bu-global-entrepreneurship-week-2020/.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S.. Refugee Entrepreneurs and Covid-19- Global Entrepreneurship Week 2020. Available from: https://blogs.bournemouth.ac.uk/research/2020/11/25/refugee-entrepreneurship-and-covid-19-bu-global-entrepreneurship-week-2020/.
- Ayatakshi, S., 2013. SMEs and environmental taxation: a mixed methods analysis. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Business School.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Contemporary Business Issues, PG Dissertation Supervision, Research Methods
- The Entrepreneurial Mind; MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship.
- SMEs and Entrepreneurial Finance- 2019-20 semester 2 level 7
- Postgraduate Research( Masters dissertation)
- Managing People- 240 students, level 7 semester 1.
- Contemporary Issues in Global Business Environment- MBA
Profile of Teaching UG
- Entrepreneurship and Business Ventures level 6
- Business Leadership. Level 6 BA(Hons) Global Business Management
- Reflective Practitioners Projects
- Small Business Management (2011-2014 75 students level 5); Simulated Business Exercise (2011-2014 350 students level 6); Corporate Governance (2011-2013 level 7 40 students); Environmental Taxation (level 6 2013-2015 75 students part of the International Taxation unit
- Entrepreneurial Projects a 40 credit UG dissertation project- in academic year 2019-20
Entrepreneurship teaching, Heidelberg, Germany, 17 Jun 2019 more
ERASMUS+funded teaching mobility trip to BU Partner University SRH, Heidelberg, Germany in June 2019 for 3 days. The teaching activities took place at Grunder Institut, the incubation hub of SRH Heidelberg. the topics covered include social entrepreneurship; entrepreneurial cognition; entrepreneurial self-efficacy; circular economy, b-corps movement. women in entrepreneurship; using Lego Serious play in entrepreneurial decision making etc.
- SPEED-You-UP: Students and NEET young people, Professionals and Educators work on Employability and Entrepreneurial skills in the battle against school Dropout and Youth UnemPloyment. (European Commission Intereg 2Seas, 02 Nov 2020). Completed
- EIASM European Institute of Advanced Studies in Management, Paper reviewer for RENT2019 (2018-), http://www.rent-research.org/
- British Academy of Management, Reviewer for BAM2013
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Women In Entrepreneurship- Global Entrepreneurship Week (19 Nov 2019)
- Entrepreneurial SOUP- a microgranting and crowdfunding activity for social businesses (19 Nov 2019)
- Social Enterprise Event (09 Aug 2019)
- BU Social Entrepreneurs Forum (27 Jun 2019)
- festival of learning- Business for over 50s (10 Jun 2019)
- Leadership Foundation- Aurora Women in Leadership, 01 Sep 2015, Leadership skills development
- PG Certificate in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2014)
- PhD in Environmental Economics (2013)
- MA in Corporate Communication (2007)
- MA in Mass Communication (2002)
- BSc (Hons) in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (2000)
- ACORN ECR Grant (BU, 2019)
- Bournemouth University Global Visiting Fellowship Panel, ECR Panel Member (2019-),
- Bournemouth University TeachBU Panel for HEA, Member (2019-),
- European Institute of Advanced Studies in Management EIASM, Member (2019-),
- Higher Education Authority, Senior Fellow (2018-),
- Chartered Institute of Management, Fellow (2016-),
- Bu Faculty Postgrad Research Committee FPRC, Member (2015-),
- FASEC, Member (2015-),
- British Academy of Management, Member (2013-),
Social Media Links
- LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/feed/