Dr Sukanya Ayatakshi Endow
- 01202 963534
- sayatakshi at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Entrepreneurship
- Dorset House D232, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Sukanya Ayatakshi-Endow is a Senior Academic in Entrepreneurship within the Business School at the Faculty of Management. She is passionate about the power of enterprise in bringing about social change and works closely with various local organisations in developing values-driven and purpose-led enterprises. Sukanya has set up the BU Social Entrepreneurs Forum, in association with the Association of Sustainability Practitioners and Poole Bay Rotary Club, to consolidate support for the local and regional social enterprises.
Sukanya is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Authority and a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute.
Sukanya's current research interest include Entrepreneurial Finance; gender issues in enterprise; AI in entrepreneurial decision making and social enterprises.
Webster, Allan & Ayatakshi, Sukanya, 2013. "The effect of fossil energy and other environmental taxes on profit incentives for change in an open economy: Evidence from the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1422-1431.
- Webster, A. and Ayatakshi, S., 2013. "The Effect of Fossil Energy and Other Environmental Taxes on Profit Incentives for Change in an Open Economy: Evidence from the UK". Energy Policy.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2015. Entrepreneurship in Transitional Economies. In: Holscher, J. and Tomann, H., eds. The New Palgrave Dictionary of Transition Economies. Palgrave.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2015. Reviewing Online Assessment Strategy: A case study approach. In: ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Conference, York, UK, 28-29 April 2014 28-29 April 2015 Yorkshire, UK.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2015. Innovation in Teaching Entrepreneurship: A case study approach. In: 21st Academic Discussion Forum 3-8 March 2015 Harvard University, Boston, USA.
- Ayatakshi Endow, S., 2015. Enhancing Student Experience For Online Students- Evaluating ‘Discussion Forums’ For Further Innovation. In: 21st Academic Discussion Forum 3-8 March 2015 Harvard University, Boston, USA.
- Ayatakshi, S., 2013. SMEs and environmental taxation: a mixed methods approach. In: 14th Global Conference on Environmental Taxation 17-20 October 2013 Kyoto, Japan.
- Ayatakshi, S., 2013. Exploring the increase in social enterprises in the UK in the financial crisis period 2007-2010. In: British Academy of Management 10-12 September 2013 Liverpool, UK.
- Ayatakshi, S. and Yanti, E., 2012. The effects of taxes on different sectors of the economy: A comparison of selected Asian countries. In: 5th International Colloquium on Business and Management, 9-12 July 2012 Bangkok, Thailand.
- Webster, A. and Ayatakshi, S., 2011. The impact of environmental taxation on the underlying incentives for industrial transformation: evidence from the UK. In: 12th Global Conference on Environmental Taxation 19-21 October 2011 Madrid, Spain.
- Ayatakshi, S., 2010. SMEs and environmental taxation. In: Tax Research Network 6-8 September 2010 Bangor, Wales, UK.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Contemporary Business Issues, PG Dissertation Supervision, Research Methods
- The Entrepreneurial Mind; MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship.
- SMEs and Entrepreneurial Finance- 2019-20 semester 2 level 7
- Postgraduate Research( Masters dissertation)
- Managing People- 240 students, level 7 semester 1.
- Contemporary Issues in Global Business Environment- MBA
Profile of Teaching UG
- Entrepreneurship and Business Ventures level 6
- Business Leadership. Level 6 BA(Hons) Global Business Management
- Reflective Practitioners Projects
- Small Business Management (2011-2014 75 students level 5); Simulated Business Exercise (2011-2014 350 students level 6); Corporate Governance (2011-2013 level 7 40 students); Environmental Taxation (level 6 2013-2015 75 students part of the International Taxation unit
- Entrepreneurial Projects a 40 credit UG dissertation project- in academic year 2019-20
Entrepreneurship teaching, Heidelberg, Germany, 17 Jun 2019 more
ERASMUS+funded teaching mobility trip to BU Partner University SRH, Heidelberg, Germany in June 2019 for 3 days. The teaching activities took place at Grunder Institut, the incubation hub of SRH Heidelberg. the topics covered include social entrepreneurship; entrepreneurial cognition; entrepreneurial self-efficacy; circular economy, b-corps movement. women in entrepreneurship; using Lego Serious play in entrepreneurial decision making etc.
- • 27 Nov.2012: Masterclass Speaker at the Carbon Reduction Event 2012 organised by GovToday, London
- Guest Lecturer at Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai, India on 11 Feb 2014
- Guest Lecturer at British Council, Chennai, India on 15 Feb 2014. Topic Business Ethics and International Trade. Business today: the good, the bad and the 'new era'
- Guest Lecture on 'Business Ethics, Corporate Governance and International Trade' at Loyola College, Chennai- BSc Visual Communication Students- 30/06/2014
- 01/07/2014- MOPV Vaishnav College, Chennai- Guest lecture on Business Ethics and Corporate Governance -1st year B. Commerce students
- 01/07/2014- Women's Christian College, Chennai- Guest lecture on Entrepreneurship - 3rd year B. Commerce students
- 01/07/2014- Ethiraj College, Chennai-Guest lecture on Business Ethics and Corporate Governance - 3rd year BBA Students
- 01/07/2014- Loyola College, Chennai (Business Faculty)- Guest lecture on Business Ethics and Corporate Governance - 3rd year B. Business Administration and B.Commerce students
- lecture on 'Entrepreneurship: Evolution of thoughts from Practice' - 11 November 2014 at SGGSCC, Delhi University
- Lecture at Bhavan's College, Mumbai- 19 November 2014 ' Entrepreneurship'
- Lecture on 'Entrepreneurship: The journey from the economist perspective to the organisational theorist one' at KPB Hinduja College of Commerce, University of Mumbai- 19 November 2014
- EIASM European Institute of Advanced Studies in Management, Paper reviewer for RENT2019 (2018-), http://www.rent-research.org/
- British Academy of Management, Reviewer for BAM2013
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- This event, as part of the GEW, will raise BU profile by engaging in Entrepreneurial pitch for socially focused businesses in association with the Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch SOUP movement, School of Compassionate Entrepreneurs, Association of Sustainability Practitioners, BUSEF and Poole Bay Rotary Club
- A panel of women in entrepreneurship, for the first time at BU to celebrate and raise BU profile through Global Entrepreneurship Week- range of women speakers and panel members from NHS, food, hospitality, technology, entertainment sectors.
- The BU Social Enterprise event was aimed at bringing together various stakeholder groups- namely, BU level H enterprise students, students from School of Social Entrepreneurs Hampshire, Action Hampshire and a number of social enterprises and other organisations. The objectives of this event were as follows: • Networking opportunity for the various groups mentioned above • To encourage students to start thinking of socially sustainable businesses • To raise BU profile and FoM profile
- In June 2019, I launched the BU Social Entrepreneurs Forum, in collaboration with the Association of Sustainability Practitioners, Poole Bay Rotary Club and supported by Barclays Bank. https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/news/2019-06-28/forum-launched-support-local-social-enterprises The purpose of this continuing Forum is- to facilitate increased knowledge exchange between academic and the business community; to provide skills-based support services to aspiring and existing social entrepreneurs; to create a collaborative, inclusive community of social entrepreneurs learning together, working together and how to do business better and to generate live student projects and facilitate knowledge exchange
- A workshop model on supporting people over the age of 50 in setting up a business. the rationale behind this event was to support people at a stage in their lives where, statistics show, there are high rates of career changes andvoluntary redundancies. we have a high number of participants in the region of 35 at this event.
- Leadership Foundation- Aurora Women in Leadership, 01 Sep 2015, Leadership skills development
- PG Certificate in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2014)
- PhD in Environmental Economics (2013)
- MA in Corporate Communication (2007)
- MA in Mass Communication (2002)
- BSc (Hons) in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (2000)
- ACORN ECR Grant (BU, 2019)
- Bournemouth University Global Visiting Fellowship Panel, ECR Panel Member (2019-),
- Bournemouth University TeachBU Panel for HEA, Member (2019-),
- European Institute of Advanced Studies in Management EIASM, Member (2019-),
- Higher Education Authority, Senior Fellow (2018-),
- Chartered Institute of Management, Fellow (2016-),
- Bu Faculty Postgrad Research Committee FPRC, Member (2015-),
- FASEC, Member (2015-),
- British Academy of Management, Member (2013-),