Dr Tauheed Ramjaun
- 01202 961242
- tramjaun at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Corporate Communications
- Weymouth House W423, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
My research interests are currently orientated around three main areas: (1) corporate brand communications (2) online brand communities (3) responsible consumption practices. My PhD dissertation explored corporate (charity) brand relationships within a non-profit context. As a ‘fused’ academic, I also assist various types of organisations in solving brand-related issues through the understanding and application of relevant theoretical concepts and frameworks.
Prior to joining academia, I worked for two years within the United Nations where I contributed in raising the online communications profile of the UNDP Country Office (Mauritius). I also spent several years within the advertising/public relations industry holding various positions such as Client Service Executive, Strategic Planner, and Head of Advertising & creative Services.
Programme Leader of the MA Marketing Communications
Unit Leader of the Brands & Branding module (L5 & L7)
Lead Examiner for the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)...
Current research interests
1. Corporate branding (incl. non-profit & charity brands)
2. Brand communities (online & offline)
3. Sustainability corporate communications
4. Instagram-specific user & audience behaviour
5. Green consumer activism (online & offline)
I welcome MRes & PhD proposals related to the above research areas. Get in touch with me directly (email firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your ideas and application.
• Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
• BU Education for Sustainability Award 2019more
- Serranno, S. and Ramjaun, T., 2018. Exploring Visual Brand-Related Electronic Word-of-Mouth on Instagram. Journal of Promotional Communications, 6 (1), 72-88.
- Goodwin, E. and Ramjaun, T., 2017. Exploring Consumer Engagement in Gamified Health and Fitness Mobile Apps. Journal of Promotional Communication, 5 (2), 176-190.
- Ramjaun, 2015. A Mauritian's qualitative brand communication research journey in the UK: A cross-cultural perspective. Journal of Communication Arts, 33 (2), 72-79.
- Ramjaun, T., 2017. Exploring sense of community within an online healthcare context. In: Grigore, G., Stancu, A. and McQueen, D., eds. Corporate Responsibility and Digital Communities An International Perspective towards Sustainability. Springer, 79-95.
- Ramjaun, T., 2018. Media brands in the experience economy: exploring experiences as alternative revenue streams. In: IISES 7th Business & Management Conference 5-7 June 2018 Central European University.
- Ramjaun, T., 2018. How can we better understand the #zerowaste lifestyle trend through Instagram? In: Instagram Conference 2018 1 June 2018 Middlesex University.
- Ramjaun, T., 2016. Exploring brand-beneficiary relationships within a charity context. In: AMA 11th Global Brand Conference 2016 27 April-29 November 2016 University of Bradford.
- Ramjaun, T., 2016. Corporate brand dimensions effecting brand-beneficiary relationships within a healthcare non-profit context. In: Corporate brand dimensions effecting brand-beneficiary relationships within a healthcare non-profit context. 18 May-20 November 2016 Ivey Leadership Centre.
- Ramjaun, 2015. Brand events as a strategic tool for market sustainability and audience engagement: The case of three British newsbrands. In: European Media Management Association 2015 27-29 May 2015 Hamburg.
- Ramjaun, 2014. Exploring audience-brand relationships on social media platforms: A case study of The Guardian brand on Facebook. In: European Media Management Association 2014 12-13 June 2014 Tallinn.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Integrated Campaign Planning
- Integrated Campaign Planning Analysis & Decision-Making in Communication Management Branding & Brand Management Brands & Branding Academic Dissertation or Consultancy Project
- Brands & Branding
Profile of Teaching UG
- Branding Principles for Marketing Communications
- Brand Management and Communication
- Integrated Marketing Communications Brand Management & Communications Brands & Branding Relationship Marketing Academic Dissertation or Consultancy Project
- Brands & Branding
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations, Lead Examiner (2020-2023), http://www.cipr.co.uk/
- Programme Leader, Corporate & Marketing Communications
- Programme Leader, MA Marketing Communications. <a href="https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/ma-marketing-communications" class="iconRight" target="blank">https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/ma-marketing-communications<i class="fa fa-external-link"></i></a>
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Engagement with local entrepreneurs
- Personal Branding Workshop
- Group talk by AiMM members
- Destination Branding Workshop
- IISES 7th Business & Management Conference, Media brands in the experience economy, 05 Jun 2018, Central European University
- Instagram Conference 2018, How can we better understand the #zerowaste lifestyle trend through Instagram?, 01 Jun 2018, Middlesex University
- Integrated Campaign Planning for New Product Launch, Coaching/Consultancy. Kitbrix, Robert Aldous, 01 Oct 2017
- The Science of Storytelling, 16 Apr 2019
- Certificate in Programme Leadership, 01 Jan 2018, Postgraduate Certificate
- New Supervisors Training, 19 Oct 2016, Certificate of Doctoral Supervision
- Snapchat storytelling for business, 07 Sep 2016
- Discover Photography, 09 Jan 2013, Certificate of Achievement
- Introduction to Counselling Skills Course, 19 Jan 2011, Certificate