Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Xue Han is a PhD candidate in the Faculty of Media and Communication at Bournemouth University (BU) and she works as a senior lecturer at Arts University Bournemouth. She gained her Master's degree in 3D Computer Animation with distinction at BU.
She is undertaking her doctoral research which direction is interdisciplinary with animation, psychosocial study and gender study.
She previously worked in the game and animation industry as a designer, animation artist and art director since 2006. The latest featured animated film she participated in is Wish Dragon on Netflix, and the exhibition project in Salisbury Cathedral, which was nominated in the Royal Television Society Southern Awards 2021. She worked as Research Assistant, animator and illustrator at BU.
- Han, X., McDougall, J., Mott, C. and Sudbury, S., 2018. Hunger by the Sea: Partnerships in The Brave Third Space. International Journal for Students as Partners.
- Farmer, S., Vilela, V. and Han, X.. Salisbury - The Cathedral that Moved!. Salisbury Cathedral.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Animation Production
- Kids Camera Action Productions, Animator
- Arts University Bournemouth, Senior Lecturer Industry Fellow (0.5)
- Illustrator, RedBallon/ Jurassic Coast Trust
- Research Assistant/ Illustrator/ Animator, Faculty on Health & Social Sciences
- Research Illustrator, AHRC funded DICE Developing Inclusive and Creative Economies project
- Research Assistant, CESJ Research Centre and research seminar Britain on the Couch
- Animator, The Red Balloon Productions/ Salisbury Cathedral
- Student Research Assitant/ Animator, Student Research Assitant Scheme
- The British Audio-Visual Research Network’s Virtual Colloquia, 13 May 2021, Online
- Chinese Audio-Visual Cultures Postgraduate Symposium, 07 May 2021, Online
- Introduction to Education Practice for Postgraduate Research Students
- MA in 3D Computer Animation (Bournemouth University, 2017)
- Nomination RTS Southern Awards Graphics/ Animation (Royal Television Society, 2021)
- Nomination RTS Southern Awards Short Form Content (Royal Television Society, 2021)
- Selection of screening (The Ethnografilm Festival of Paris, 2020)
- Nomination in Territory Focus MIFA China (Festival International Animation Annecy, 2018)
- Nomination RTS Best Non-Broadcast Award (Royal Television Society, 2018)
- Official Selection (discover.film, 2018)
- Winner Award of Merit (Best Shorts Competition, 2018)
- Nomination for Innovation Award (The AHRC Research in Film Awards, 2017)
- Official Selection LIDF (London Internatioal Documentary Festival, 2017)
- Team Video Excellence Prize (CG Society, 2013)
Social Media Links
- LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/hanxue/