Dr Ying Liu
- 01202 968703
- yliu at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Strategy
- Dorset House D232, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a Lecturer in Strategy at the Bournemouth University Business School. My research interests include Corporate Governance, International Business Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Supply Chain Management. I teach a variety of units/modules on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes including Business Law, Finance, Accounting, Management, Strategy, Human Resource Management, Organisational Behaviour and Business Leadership. In addition, I have supervised research projects at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. I am interested in supervising new PhD students in any of the specialist areas listed above.
Her areas of research interest include corporate governance, business strategy, entrepreneurship,leadership, innovation, supply chain management, energy supply risk management, energy supply transportation managemet, strategic management, marketing.
Research Supervisions: Ying is interested in supervising Honours, Masters by Research and PhD students. Past examples of projects and areas of research she is interested in supervising include (but are not limited to): Corporate governance, corporate strategy, business management, supply chain management, energy supply risk management, energy supply transportation management, digital marketing, social media adoption, consumer behaviour and purchase intentions towards ethical and sustainable products.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Affordable and clean energy
"Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all"
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
- Liu, Y. and Polkinghorne, M., 2023. The Impact of Founder Characteristics on CEO - Succession in UK IPOs. Business Management & Finance, 2 (1), 1-8.
- Liu, Y. and Piesse, J., 2011. The relationship between Founder’s trait and corporate governance in IPO firms. In: International Symposium Entrepreneurship Today 20-22 September 2010 Italy, Bergamo.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Contemporary Issues in Management
- Supervision of research project
Profile of Teaching UG
- Developing Management Competencies and Business Leadership
- Strategic Management
- Business Leadership
- Memeber of Strategy and Entrepreneurship Research Theme Lead, Bournemouth University Business School
- PhD in International Business Strategy (King's College London, 2011)
- HEA Fellowship (Advance HE, 2022)
- Advance HE, HEA Fellowship (2022-),
- The Chartered Management Institute, Member (2022-),