Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am a PhD student at Bournemouth University in the Faculty of Science and Technology. My PhD is an interdisciplinary project, the focus of which is on cyber psychology.
My research interests are online communities, social identity, group processes and HCI. My PhD is researching anonymous online communities related to hacking. The main areas being investigated are group interaction, decision making and group processes, group influence, and group identity.
- McAlaney, J., Thackray, H. and Taylor, J., 2016. The social psychology of cybersecurity. The Psychologist, 29, 686-689.
- Thackray, McAlaney, J., Taylor, J., Richardson, C. and Dogan, H., 2017. Surveying the Hackers: The Challenges of Data Collection from a Secluded Community. In: 16th European Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security 29-30 June 2017 Dublin, Ireland.
- Taylor, J., Ollis, G., McAlaney, J., Hodge, S. and Thackray, H., 2017. Observations and reflections on teaching psychological principles and methods to cybersecurity students. In: National Conference for Learning and Teaching in Cyber Security 2017 5-6 April 2017 Liverpool John Moores University. York: HEA.
- Taylor, J., McAlaney, J., Hodge, S., Thackray, H., Richardson, C., James, S., Dale, J. and IEEE, 2017. Teaching Psychological Principles to Cybersecurity Students. 1782-1789.
- McAlaney, J., Thackray, H. and Taylor, J., 2016. The social psychology of cybersecurity. 686-689.
- Thackray, H., McAlaney, J., Dogan, H., Taylor, J. and Richardson, C., 2016. Social Psychology: An under-used tool in Cybersecurity. In: 30th British HCI Group Annual Conference on People and Computers: Fusion 11-15 July 2016 Bournemouth, UK.
- Thackray, 2016. Anonymous Online Hacking Groups. In: 3rd Annual Interdisciplinary Network for Social Protest Research Conference 9-10 June 2016 Cambridge.
- Thackray, 2016. Anonymous: Online group processes, social identity and cybersecurity. In: Bournemouth University 8th Annual Post Graduate Conference.
- Anonymous hackers: Online group processes, social identity and cyber security (supervisor: John McAlaney)
Profile of Teaching PG
Profile of Teaching UG
- Cyber Psychology
- 22nd Annual CyberPsychology, CyberTherapy & Social Networking Conference (CYPSY22), Challenge accepted: Data Collection from hacking communities, 26 June 2017, Wolverhampton
- British HCI Conference, Social Psychology: An under-used tool in Cybersecurity, 11 July 2016, Bournemouth University
- 3rd INSPR Conference, Anonymous Online Hacking Collectives, 9 June 2016, University of Cambridge
- Bournemouth University 8th Annual Post Graduate Conference, Anonymous: Online group processes, social identity and cybersecurity, 8 March 2016, Bournemouth
- BA (Hons) in Italian and Politics (Swansea University, 2012)
- MSc in Contemporary Identities (University of Bristol, 2013)