Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I am a graduate of public health from bournemouth University in 2015 and have proceeded to PhD degree in 2016 in public health. My interest is around the health of immigrnts in UK with a focus on the lifestyle influence on type 2 diabetes management and prevention among African immigrants in UK
- Alloh, F.T., Regmi, P., Onche, I., van Teijlingen, E. and Trenoweth, S., 2018. Mental Health in low-and middle income countries (LMICs): Going beyond the need for funding. Health Prospect: Journal of Public Health, 17, 12-17.
- Alloh, F.T., Tait, D. and Taylor, C., 2018. Away from home: A qualitative exploration of health experiences of nigerian students in a U.K. university. Journal of International Students, 8 (1), 1-20.
- Alloh, F. and Regmi, P., 2017. Effect of economic and security challenges on the Nigerian health sector. African Health Sciences, 591-592.
- Regmi, P., Alloh, F., Pant, P., Simkhada, P. and van Teijlingen, E., 2017. Mental health in BME groups with diabetes: an overlooked issue? The Lancet, 389 (10072), 904-905.
- Regmi, P., Kurmi, O., Aryal, N., Pant, P., Banstola, A., Alloh, F. and van Teijlingen, E., 2016. Diabetes prevention and management in South Asia: A call for action. International Journal of Food, Nutrition and Public Health, 8 (2), 107-116.
- Alloh, F., Heminway, A. and Turner-Wilson, A., 2018. Understanding lifestyle contribution in the management of type 2 diabetes among African immigrants living in the UK. In: 1st World Congress on Migration, Ethnicity, Race and Health 16-19 May 2018 Edinburgh. 177-178.
- Alloh, F., Regmi, P., Pant, P.R., Simkhada, P. and van Teijlingen, E., 2017. Mental health among ethnic groups with diabetes in the UK. In: BNAC 15th Nepal Study Days 2017 12-13 April 2017 EBC, Bournemouth. London: BNAC, 1-16.
- Alloh, 2015. Student lifestyle and type 2 diabetes. In: 9th International Conference of Nigerian Students in Diaspora (ICONS). 10-12 April 2015 Sheffield Hallam.
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Presentation of Poster on my research on the lifestyle practices of African immigrants in the UK and how these factors affect Type 2 diabetes management.