- (01202) 965734
- falloh at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Postgraduate Researcher
- Bournemouth House, Christchurch Road, room 112a, Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 1RX
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a graduate of public health from bournemouth University in 2015 and have proceeded to PhD degree in 2016 in public health. My interest is around the health of immigrnts in UK with a focus on the lifestyle influence on type 2 diabetes management and prevention among African immigrants in UK
- Alloh, F., Hemingway, A. and Turner-Wilson, A., 2019. Systematic review of diabetes management among black African immigrants, white and South Asian populations. Journal of Global Health Reports, 3.
- Alloh, F., Hemingway, A. and Turner-Wilson, A., 2019. Exploring the experiences of west African immigrants living with type 2 diabetes in the UK. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16 (19).
- Alloh, F.T., Regmi, P.R., Onche, I., van Teijlingen, E. and Trenoweth, S., 2018. Mental Health in low-and middle income countries (LMICs): Going beyond the need for funding. Health Prospect: Journal of Public Health, 17, 12-17.
- Alloh, F., 2018. Improving Diabetes Outcome: A Need to Understand Management among Africans Living with Diabetes in the UK. Journal of Primary Health Care and General Practice, 2 (1).
- Alloh, F.T., Tait, D. and Taylor, C., 2018. Away from home: A qualitative exploration of health experiences of nigerian students in a U.K. university. Journal of International Students, 8 (1), 1-20.
- Regmi, P.R., Alloh, F., Pant, P.R., Simkhada, P. and van Teijlingen, E., 2017. Mental health in BME groups with diabetes: an overlooked issue? The Lancet, 389 (10072), 904-905.
- Alloh, F.T. and Regmi, P.R., 2017. Effect of economic and security challenges on the Nigerian health sector. African Health Sciences, 17 (2), 591-592.
- Regmi, P.R., Kurmi, O., Aryal, N., Pant, P., Banstola, A., Alloh, F. and van Teijlingen, E., 2016. Diabetes prevention and management in South Asia: A call for action. International Journal of Food, Nutrition and Public Health, 8 (2), 107-116.
- Alloh, F., Hemingway, A. and Turner-Wilson, A., 2018. Theoretical explanation for type 2 diabetes management among West-African immigrants living in the UK. In: International conference of global health and epidemiology 20-23 August 2018 Wolverhampton, UK.
- Alloh, F., Hemingway, A. and Turner-Wilson, A., 2018. Grounded Theory of diabetes management among West Africans living with diabetes in the UK. In: International conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences 25-27 July 2018 Granada, Spain. Thirteenth International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences Autonomy in Times of Turmoil. What to make of the Social?.
- Alloh, F., Heminway, A. and Turner-Wilson, A., 2018. Understanding lifestyle contribution in the management of type 2 diabetes among African immigrants living in the UK. In: 1st World Congress on Migration, Ethnicity, Race and Health 16-19 May 2018 Edinburgh. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF PUBLIC HEALTH, 28, 177-178.
- Alloh, F., Hemingway, A. and Turner-Wilson, A., 2018. Striving to be healthy: Experience of diabetes management among African immigrants living in the UK. In: Postgraduate Researchers' Conference 20 March 2018 Bournemouth University.
- Alloh, F., Hemingway, A. and Turner-Wilson, A., 2017. Contribution of lifestyle factors in the management of type 2 diabetes among African immigrants in the UK. In: The 10th Conference of the International Society for Health and Human Rights 26-29 September 2017 Novi Sad, Serbia.
- Alloh, F., Hemingway, A. and Turner-Wilson, A., 2017. Contributing lifestyle factors associated with type 2 diabetes among African immigrants in the UK: A pilot study findings. In: PhD Symposium at Liverpool John Moore's University 4-5 July 2017 Liverpool.
- Alloh, F., Regmi, P., Pant, P.R., Simkhada, P. and van Teijlingen, E., 2017. Mental health among ethnic groups with diabetes in the UK. In: BNAC 15th Nepal Study Days 2017 12-13 April 2017 EBC, Bournemouth. http://bnac.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/BNAC-NSD-2017-Abstracts.pdf, 1-16 London: BNAC.
- Alloh, 2015. Student lifestyle and type 2 diabetes. In: 9th International Conference of Nigerian Students in Diaspora (ICONS). 10-12 April 2015 Sheffield Hallam.
- Alloh, F., Regmi, P. and van Teijlingen, E., 2020. COVID-19 and Black Africans in the UK: Disparities linked to underlying inequalities in health. BMJ. Available from: https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1548/rr-18.
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Exploring lifestyle factors among African immigrants living with type 2 diabetes in UK. (28 Jun 2016)