Dr Glyn Hadley
- 01202 965531
- ghadley at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Creative Technology
- Poole House P324, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a senior lecturer in 3D modelling and Digital sculpting using Autodesk Maya and Pixologic ZBrush. In addition I am involved in demonstrating lighting and texturing in computer games using Substance painter, Adobe illustrator and Photoshop.
Previously I have taught BSc and MSc units in computer network technology, digital and analogue electronics, instrumentation and sensor systems, software programming (C/C++), physics for computer games and artificial intelligence for computer games.
Current interests are applying photogrammetry and laser scanning to archaeology and heritage projects and image analysis using machine learning implemented in MATLAB, OpenCV and CUDA.
PhD in fibre optic blood glucose sensing for type 1 diabetics.
MSc in scientific instrumentation including working with critically ill patients in intensive care departments in hospitals in greater Manchester and a degree in physics.
Copious experience creating and delivering new units and courses at all levels including master courses...
Extensive teaching experience including teaching for the Open University a PGCert in post graduate student supervision and I am a senior fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.more
- John, D. and Hadley, G., 2019. Are Photogrammetry and 3D Scanning a real alternative to 3D modelling for Virtual Heritage applications? In: Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology UK (CAA-UK 2019) 4-5 October 2019 Bournemouth, UK. https://uk.caa-international.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2019/09/Abstract-Book_v.8.pdf Bournemouth, UK: Bournemouth University.
- Prashun, P., Hadley, G.J.M., Gatzidis, C. and Swain, I.D., 2010. Investigating the trend of virtual reality-based stroke rehabilitation systems. In: 7th International Conference on BioMedical Visualization (MediViz 2010) 26-29 July 2010 London. , 641-647 IEEE Computer Society.
- Prashun, P., Hadley, G.J.M. and Gatzidis, C., 2009. Developing a Virtual Reality Stroke Rehabilitation Prototype. In: 13th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction 19-24 July 2009 San Diego, USA. , 746-750 Heidelberg: Springer.
- Hadley, G.J.M. and Claremont, D.J., 2001. Investigation of Gamma Radiation Sterilization of a Fibre-Optic Glucose Biosensor. In: 2nd Bournemouth University Academic Biomedical Engineering Research Group September 2001 Salisbury District Hospital, England.
- Cobb, J.E. and Hadley, G.J.M., 2009. Development of a low profile laser Doppler probe for monitoring perfusion at the patient – mattress interface. Poole, England: Smart Technology Research Centre, Bournemouth University.
- Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow (2018-), https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/
- Institution of Engineering and Technology, Member,