Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am a first year psychology PhD student, studying "Improving the design and fitting procedure of prosthetic eyes in children with retinoblastoma (eye cancer): exploring skill-based and technology-based procedures to achieve psychological and technological recommendations"
My academic background is a BSc(Hons) in Psychology with Criminology and Criminal Justice Studies, a Msc in Foundations of Clinical Psychology and a PG Cert in Evidence Based Psychological Treatment (IAPT Pathway). I have published 4 journal articles and have contributed to the planning, development and running of the Student Member Group Conference of the British Psychological Society .
My work experience is predominately in mental health where I have treated people with low to medium psychological disorders such as depression, anxiety and phobias using self-help Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
I am undertaking a 3 year PhD project investigating the psychological impact Retinoblastoma has on the child and their families and how we can improve acceptability in terms of improving the design and fitting of prosthetic eyes.
- Chinnery, Thompson, S.B.N., Noroozi, S., Dyer, B. and Rees, K., 2017. The importance of incorporating technological advancements into the prosthetic eye development: a perspective commentary. Insights in Ophthalmology, 1 (1(2)), 1-4.
- Chinnery, H., Thompson, S.B.N., Noroozi, S. and Dyer, B., 2017. Scoping review of the development of artificial eyes throughout the years. Edorium Journal of Disability and Rehabilitation, 3, 1-10.
- Chinnery, H., Thompson, S.B.N., Noroozi, S., Dyer, B. and Rees, K., 2016. Questionnaire study to gain an insight into the manufacturing and fitting process of artificial eyes in children: an ocularist perspective. International Ophthalmology.
- Chinnery, H., Thompson, S., Noroozi, S. and Dyer, B., 2016. Systematic Review of the development of artificial eyes throughout the years with a focus on the child wearer. Edorium Journal of Disability and Rehabilitation.
- Chinnery, H. and Thompson, S.B.N., 2015. Sensory compensation in children following vision loss after trauma and disease. Journal of Clinical Research & Ophthalmology,, 2 (4), 049-053.
- Thompson, S.B.N., Chinnery, H., Noroozi, S., Dyer, B. and Barratt, K., 2015. Retinoblastoma: identifying the diagnostic signs for early treatment. International Journal of Neurorehabilitation, 2 (2), 1-11.
- Thompson, S., Chinnery, H. and Hawkes, L., 2012. Establishing normative values for 18-35 years age in neuropsychological tests used with head and brain injury patients during cognitive rehabilitation: Benton Visual Retention Test and National Adult Reading Test. WMC Brain, 3, 1-18.
- Thompson, S., Merrifield, A. and Chinnery, H., 2011. Are mock jurors influenced by the defendant's gender, socio-economic status and emotional state in forensic medicine? WMC Forensic Medicine, 2.
- Thompson, S.B.N., Gander, J. and Chinnery, H., 2011. Normative values for 18-30 ages of Benton Visual Retention Test correct scores and intelligence quotients: a short report for clinical comparison. WMC Oncology, 2, 1-6.
- Thompson, S. and Chinnery, H., 2011. Normative values for 18-30 age group of Benton Visual Retention Test scores and pre-morbid intelligence quotients: new data comparisons for diagnosing memory and visual spatial deficits in Alzheimer's disease and stroke. WMC Brain, 2.
- Chinnery, H., & Thompson, S.B.N., 2015. Retinoblastoma. In S.B.N. Thompson (Ed.), Trauma psychology. Clinical case histories, reviews, research (pp.361-390).. Portsmouth: Blackwell-Yale-Academic.
- Chinnery, H., 2016. Retinoblastoma. In: Thompson, S.B.N., ed. Trauma psychology. Clinical case histories, reviews, research.. Portsmouth: Blackwell-Yale-Harvard, 361-390.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Psychological Treatment (IAPT Pathw (University of Reading, 2013)
- MSc in Foundations of Clinical Psychology (Bournemouth University, 2010)
- Bsc (Hons) in Psychology with Criminology & Criminal Justice Stu (Plymouth University, 2009)