Dr Jonathan Whittle
- 01202 965715
- jwhittle at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Law
- Weymouth House W404, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I would welcome applications to supervise potential PhD candidates in the areas of international human rights law and general public international law.
- Bancroft, A. et al., 2022. Fusion Learning Colloquium 2022 - Proceedings. Poole, UK: Bournemouth University.
- Klinkner, M., Smith, E. and Whittle, J., 2022. What Is a Mass Grave? Why Protect Mass Graves? How to Protect Mass Graves?. Available from: http://opiniojuris.org/2022/07/11/what-is-a-mass-grave-why-protect-mass-graves-how-to-protect-mass-graves/.
- Whittle, J., 2020. How constitutional arrangements for the exercise of self-determination by the territory of Somaliland may impact Somaliland’s engagement with the international human rights system? PhD Thesis. University of Bristol.
- Klinkner, M., Whittle, J., Nwagu, C., Garcia-Campo, N. and Biggins, D., 2022. Rapid Response Ukraine: Real-time Mass Grave Recording. In: 17th annual Social Simulation Conference.
- Klinkner, M. et al., 2022. The Missing Persons Indicator Project. In: Fusion Learning Conference.
- Klinkner, M., Whittle, J., Biggins, D., Garcia-Campo, N. and Nwagu, C., 2022. Rapid response research: Real-time recording of mass graves in Ukraine. In: Fusion Learning Conference.
- Whittle, J., 2016. ZH and RH v Switzerland (Application No.60119/12). Sweet and Maxwell. Published.
- Whittle, J., 2016. Albrechtas v Lithuania (Application No.1886/06). Sweet and Maxwell. Published.
- Whittle, J., 2016. MGC v Romania (Application No.61495/11). Sweet and Maxwell. Published.
- Whittle, J., 2016. Paunovic and Milivojevic v Serbia (Application No.41683/06). Sweet and Maxwell. Published.
- Whittle, J., 2016. J.K and Others v Sweden (Application No.59166/12). Sweet and Maxwell. Published.
- Ahmed Abed. The rules, their application and effectiveness, governing humanitarian assistance in the context of the Syrian Conflict
Profile of Teaching PG
- Principles of International Law and International Organisations (unit leader)
- International Human Rights Law (unit leader)
- LLM Dissertation - Supervision
Profile of Teaching UG
- Human Rights Law (unit leader)
- Public International and International Criminal Law (unit leader)
- Legal Research Project - Supervision
- PhD in Public International Law (University of Bristol, 2020)
- PGCE in Higher Education (Bournemouth University, 2019)
- LLM in International Law (University of Bristol, 2011)
- Solicitor (non-practicing) in , (Supreme Court of England and Wales, 2008)
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test in Head III - Professional Conduct and Accounts (Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, 2007)
- Called to the Bar in , (Honourable Society of the Inner Temple, 2005)
- BVC in Bar Vocational Course (University of the West of England, 2004)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law (University of Exeter, 2003)
- BA (Hons) in Contemporary History and Politics (University of Bedfordshire, 2001)
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2019-),
- Society of Legal Scholars, Member (2019-),