- 01202 968134
- dbiggins at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Academic Learning Designer
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
David works in the Centre for Excellence in Learning as a Academic Learning Designer.
David is currently studying towards his PhD in project management.
1. PhD. My area of research is the selection and embedding of project management method in an IT/IS context.
2. Education research involving TEL.
3. Military research on the Boer War 1899-1902.
- Quinney, C.A., Lamont, M.C., Biggins, D. and Holley, D., 2017. Optimising disruptive approaches: extending academic roles and identities in higher education. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education.
- Biggins, D., Holley, D. and Zezulkova, M., 2017. Digital Competence and Capability Frameworks in Higher Education: Importance of Life-long Learning, Self-Development and Well-being. EAI Endorsed Transactions on e-Learning, 4 (13).
- Quinney, C., Lamont, M., Holley, D. and Biggins, D., 2017. Embedding the value of learning by extending professional boundaries. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education.
- Roushan, G., Holley, D. and Biggins, D., 2016. The kaleidoscope of voices: An action research approach to informing institutional e-learning policy. Electronic Journal of e-Learning, 14 (5), 293-300.
- Biggins, D., Crowley, E., Bolat, E., Dupac, M. and Dogan, H., 2015. Enhancing university student engagement using online multiple choice questions and answers. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 71-76.
- Biggins, D.J., 2012. Talana Account and Medal Roll. Token Publishing Ltd.
- Biggins, D.J., 2010. Kimberley Siege Account and Medal Roll. Token Publishing Ltd.
- Biggins, D.J., 2004. Elandslaagte Account and Medal Roll. Token Publishing Ltd.
- Biggins, D. and clarke, S., 2017. Developing digital competencies in academic staff: One institution's experience of applying Lean. In: Lean in Higher Education Conference: Implementing, Measuring and Sustaining Change 1-3 November 2017 Sydney.
- Holley, D., Biggins, D., Evangelinos, G. and Zezulkova, M., 2017. Digital Competence and Capability Frameworks in the Context of Learning, Self-Development and HE Pedagogy. In: Third International Conference. Dublin, Ireland 4 May 2017 Dublin.
- Holley, D., Biggins, D. and Lamont, C., 2017. iInnovate: trying something different together. In: ALDinHE 10-12 April 2017 University of Hull.
- Biggins, D. and Truelove, L., 2016. Empowering learning through the creation and answering of multiple choice questions. In: Social Media in Higher Education 16 16 December 2016 Sheffield.
- Bolat, E., Dogan, H., Biggins, D., Dupac, M. and Crowley, E., 2016. Empowering University Students Through Online Multiple Choice Questions. In: Chova, L.G., Martinez, A.L. and Torres, I.C., eds. 9th Annual International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation (iCERi) 14-16 November 2016 Valencia, Spain. IATED-INT ASSOC TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION A& DEVELOPMENT, LAURI VOLPI 6, VALENICA, BURJASSOT 46100, SPAIN, 4187-4193.
- Bolat, E., Crowley, E., Biggins, D., Dogan, H. and Dupac, M., 2016. Empowering university students through online multiple choice questions. In: Chova, L.G., Martinez, A.L. and Torres, I.C., eds. 9TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND INNOVATION 27-28 October 2016 Seville, SPAIN. IATED-INT ASSOC TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION A& DEVELOPMENT, LAURI VOLPI 6, VALENICA, BURJASSOT 46100, SPAIN, 4187-4193.
- Biggins, D., Truelove, L. and Lawlor-Wright, T., 2016. Trends in Project Management 1966 – 2015. In: British Academy of Management 6-8 September 2016 Necastle.
- Biggins, D., Holley, D., Zezulkova, M. and Evangelinos, G., 2016. Digital Competence and Capability Frameworks in the Context of Learning, Self-Development and HE Pedagogy. In: 3rd EAI International Conference on e-Learning e-Education and Online Training 31 August-2 September 2016 Dublin.
- Biggins, D.J., Trollsund, F. and Høiby, A.L., 2016. Applying a life cycle approach to project management methods. In: European Academy of Management 1-4 June 2016 Paris.
- Biggins, D., Crowley, E., Bolat, E., Dupac, M. and Dogan, H., 2015. Using Peerwise to improve engagement and learning. In: The European Conference on Education 1-5 July 2015 Brighton, United Kingdom. Japan: The International Academic Forum (IAFOR), 585-602.
- Biggins, D., 2015. Perspectives on Project Management Methods. In: British Academy of Management 8-10 September 2015 Portsmouth.
- Biggins, D.J., 2014. Medals awarded for the battle of Talana. In: From the Boer to the Great War International Military History Conference 115th Anniversary Anglo Boer War 1899-1902 Centenary The Great War 1914-1918 20-22 October 2014 Dundee, South Africa.
- Bolat, E. et al., 2016. Digital Me, Pop-up Photo Exhibition. Photo. Digital Me. Sovereign Shopping Centre, Boscombe, Bournemouth. 5 November 2016.
- Biggins, D. and Holley, D., 2016. Demonstration of the BU TEL Toolkit. 3rd EAI International Conference on e-Learning e-Education and Online Training, 2016. Univerity College Dublin.
- Biggins, D. and Holley, D.. The BU TEL Tooklit. Jisc Student Experience Experts’ Group Meeting. Birmingham. 12 October 2016.
- Introduction to PRINCE2. University of Manchester. Feb 2013
Bournemouth University, 24 Sep 2014 more
Project managing your MBA
Media School, Bournemouth University, 08 Oct 2014 more
Project management in production management
SchTech, Bournemouth University, 22 Oct 2013 more
SciTech, Bournemouth University, 30 Oct 2014 more
- UoA25 writing retreat (Bournemouth University, 01 Apr 2017). In Progress
- An Ontology of digital toolkits (Bournemouth University, 01 Nov 2016). In Progress
- Student technology trainer pilot (Bournemouth University, 01 Jan 2016). Awarded
- The TEL toolkit’ and follow-on project ‘Horizon Scanning: the affordances of Augmented and Immersive Technologies (Bournemouth University, 01 Dec 2015). Completed
- Digital Toolkit Development (Bournemouth University, 02 Nov 2015). Awarded
- Co-creating a Multiple Choice Question repository with students and for all students (Bournemouth University, Fusion Investment Fund, FIF strand: Co-creation and co-production, 30 Nov 2014). Completed
- Project Management building blocks for BU students and staff: Essential skills in Microsoft Project (Bournemouth University, 01 Jun 2014). Completed
- Wessex PM Academic Community, Organiser (2014-2017)
- CELebrate 2017, What is iInnovate is telling us about assessment and feedback?, 13 Jun 2017, Bournemouth
- CELebrate 2017, Using audience response systems for engagement and feedback, 13 Jun 2017, Bournemouth
- University College Dublin Education Technology Conference 2018, Keynote: Achieving student success using Brightspace, 15 Mar 2018, Dublin
- Jisc Digifest, #Hashtags, apps and social media: The next generation of the TEL Toolkit, 06 Mar 2018, Birmingham
- BA (Hons) in Russian (Nottingham University, 1985)
- MBA in Business (Open University, 2000)
- BSc (Hons) in Mathematics and Computing (Open University, 2001)
- PGCE in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2014)
- Most Brilliant Lecturer (Bournemouth University Students Union (SUBU), 2015)
- ‘Most Outstandingly Brilliant’ Gold Award (Bournemouth University Students Union (SUBU), 2015)
- Award of Merit (Orders and Medals Research Society, 2015)
- Best Paper Award (3rd EAI International Conference on e-Learning e-Education and Online Training (eLEOT), 2016)
- Association of Learning Developers, Member (2016-), http://www.aldinhe.ac.uk/
- British Academy of Management, Member (2015-),
- Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow (2016-),
- Project Management Institute, Member (2012-),
- Wessex Project Management Academic Community, Chair (2014-2017),