Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr. Moamer. M . Gashoot is a committed lecturer with over 7 years of experience at academic institutions teaching student from various cultural backgrounds in the field of art and design. Possessing excellent administrative, verbal communication and designing skills and effective teaching methods that promotes a stimulating learning environment. Prior to join Bournemouth University.
Moamer worked for Tripoli University for more than 7 years as a Lecturer and Supervisor in some graduation projects, Involved in the designing of some of the courses units, Involved in the set up for exam, marking of results, and carrying out teaching task.
He has a PhD and MA from Bournemouth University in UK. During his Ph-D research, he made use of CAD software to help respondents to accurately map their preferences. CAD software helps the general public to visualize how the hospital room will look and feel based on 3D computer images. This is a new methodology technique and it’s never been used in the academic field before...
Moamer future research plans are to build on the foundations of his Ph.D. to future develop design model, concept ideas and tools in the field of hospital setting and design.more
My personal research interests lie in the field of healthcare setting and hospital interior design. I am currently investigating and identifying the interior design and décor features in hospital rooms for my publication. This will enhance hospital setting for patient’s satisfaction. Using newly methodology, the approach involves making use of CAD software for data collection. My future research plans are to build on the foundations of my Ph.D. to future develop design model, concept ideas and tools in the field of hospital setting and design.
- Fatihaddin, D., Eves, W. and Gashoot, M., 2018. Implementing Islamic Patterns in Interior Design to Enhance the Spiritual Aesthetic. WIT Transactions on the Built Environment, 177, 137-147.
- Gashoot, M., 2012. Preferred single occupancy interior design and decor features in a Libyan hospital. World Health Design.
- Fatihaddin, D., Eves, W. and Gashoot, M., 2017. Investigating A Spiritual Aesthetic within Islamic Patterns in the Interior Design of Hotel Rooms. In: ArchTheo '17 Theory and History of Architecture Conference 3-4 November 2017 DAKAM Institute, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Gashoot, M., 2013. Well-being 2013. In: Well-being 2013 Conference(Speaker) at Birmingham Institute of Art & Design, Birmingham City University 2013 The UK-England, Birmingham City University.
- Gashoot, M., 2012. Preferred single occupancy interior design and décor features in hospitals. In: Athens Institute for Education and Research 3rd Annual International Conference on Visual and Performing Arts; Athens, Greece on 4-7 June 2012 (verbal presentation). 4-7 June 2012 Athens, Greece on 4-7 June 2012 (verbal presentation)..
- Gashoot, M., 2012. A Contribution to the Interior Design and Décor Features in Single Occupancy Hospital Room in Libya’. In: PhD/Open Research Seminar June 2012 Bournemouth University-School of health and social care.
- Gashoot, M.M., 2012. Healing environment: a contribution to the interior design and decor features in single occupancy hospital rooms in Libya. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, School of Health and Social Care.
- Doaa Abdul-Malik:, 2020. The Role of Interior Design in Guest Accommodation for Religious Tourism in the Central Area of Mecca in Saudi Arabia.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Fitting out Place and Space
- Design Interaction
Profile of Teaching UG
- Design theory and concept
- Defining and applying creativity to the concept of interior design
- Supervising dissertations
- Industrial Design Studies/Level H
- Contaxual Design
- Industrial design Project 1
- Industrial Design Studies
- Supervising dissertations for the Industrial design at BA Level 2017/2018
- Supervising dissertations for the Industrial design at BA Level 2019/2020
- Annual International Conference on Humanities & Arts in a Global World, 3-6 January 2015, Healing Environment: The Environmental Impact of Hospital Room’s Interior Design on Patients in Hospital, 03 Jan 2015, Athens, Greece
- Certificate for New PhD supervison, 01 Oct 2014, Certificate
- • Certificate for Doctoral Supervision in Certificate for Doctoral Supervision (2019)
- PGCE in Education Practice (Bournemouth University, 2016)
- PGCE in Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (Bournemouth University, 2016)
- Associate Fellow in Higher Education Academy (2015)
- PGCE in Certificate for Doctoral Supervision (2015)
- Certificate in Certificate in DSE Training & Assessment (Bournemouth University, 2014)
- PhD in Healing Environment (School of Health and Social Care, Bournemouth University, 2013)
- Certificate in Introduction to teaching Certificate (Bournemouth University, 2012)
- MA in Interior Design ( Workplace Design) (The School of Design, Computing & Engineering, Bournemouth University, 2004)
- Certificate in Certificate of Interior Architecture Design and (2002)
- BA (Hons) in Art and Interior Design (The school of Design & Media, department of interior design, Tripoli University, 1994)
- Higher Diploma for teaching art & interior design in Art and Interior Design (Aben – Mandour College, 1991)
- Second highest grade in Education (Tripoli University, 1995)
- Second prize for winning the First place a graduation project (Tripoli University, 1991)
- RIBA Affiliate Membership, Member (2018-),
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI) research group at Bournemouth UK, Member (2016-),
- Athens Institute for Education and Research, organising conferences (2012-),
- Well-being group at Birmingham University in the UK, Member (2012-),