Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr. Moamer. M . Gashoot is a committed lecturer with over 7 years of experience at academic institutions teaching student from various cultural backgrounds in the field of art and design. Possessing excellent administrative, verbal communication and designing skills and effective teaching methods that promotes a stimulating learning environment. Prior to join Bournemouth University.
Moamer worked for Tripoli University for more than 7 years as a Lecturer and Supervisor in some graduation projects, Involved in the designing of some of the courses units, Involved in the set up for exam, marking of results, and carrying out teaching task.
He has a PhD and MA from Bournemouth University in UK. During his Ph-D research, he made use of CAD software to help respondents to accurately map their preferences. CAD software helps the general public to visualize how the hospital room will look and feel based on 3D computer images. This is a new methodology technique and it’s never been used in the academic field before...
Moamer future research plans are to build on the foundations of his Ph.D. to future develop design model, concept ideas and tools in the field of hospital setting and design.more
My personal research interests lie in the field of healthcare setting and hospital interior design. I am currently investigating and identifying the interior design and décor features in hospital rooms for my publication. This will enhance hospital setting for patient’s satisfaction. Using newly methodology, the approach involves making use of CAD software for data collection. My future research plans are to build on the foundations of my Ph.D. to future develop design model, concept ideas and tools in the field of hospital setting and design.
- Gashoot, M., 2012. Preferred single occupancy interior design and decor features in a Libyan hospital. World Health Design.
- Gashoot, M., 2013. Well-being 2013. In: Well-being 2013 Conference(Speaker) at Birmingham Institute of Art & Design, Birmingham City University 2013 The UK-England, Birmingham City University.
- Gashoot, M., 2012. Preferred single occupancy interior design and décor features in hospitals. In: Athens Institute for Education and Research 3rd Annual International Conference on Visual and Performing Arts; Athens, Greece on 4-7 June 2012 (verbal presentation). 4-7 June 2012 Athens, Greece on 4-7 June 2012 (verbal presentation)..
- Gashoot, M., 2012. A Contribution to the Interior Design and Décor Features in Single Occupancy Hospital Room in Libya’. In: PhD/Open Research Seminar June 2012 Bournemouth University-School of health and social care.
- Gashoot, M.M., 2012. Healing environment: a contribution to the interior design and decor features in single occupancy hospital rooms in Libya. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, School of Health and Social Care.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Design Interaction
- Fitting out Place and Space
Profile of Teaching UG
- Industrial Design Studies/Level H
- Supervising dissertations
- Defining and applying creativity to an interior design
- Design theory and concept
- Annual International Conference on Humanities & Arts in a Global World, 3-6 January 2015, Healing Environment: The Environmental Impact of Hospital Room’s Interior Design on Patients in Hospital, 03 Jan 2015, Athens, Greece
- Certificate for New PhD supervison, 01 Oct 2014, Certificate
- Higher Diploma for teaching art & interior design in Art and Interior Design (Aben – Mandour College, 1991)
- BA (Hons) in Art and Interior Design (The school of Design & Media, department of interior design, Tripoli University, 1994)
- MA in Interior Design ( Workplace Design) (The School of Design, Computing & Engineering, Bournemouth University, 2004)
- PhD in Healing Environment (School of Health and Social Care, Bournemouth University, 2013)
- Second highest grade in Education (Tripoli University, 1995)
- Second prize for winning the First place a graduation project (Tripoli University, 1991)
- • Athens Institute for Education and Research, organising conferences,