Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Manuel Martin Salvador (MEng'09 -- MSc'11) graduated with distinction as a Computer Engineer from the University of Granada (Spain) in 2009, where he also received the MSc in Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems in 2011. Manuel has worked in a range of R&D projects for the industry in several sectors: renewable energy, process industry and public transport. Currently he is a PhD candidate at Bournemouth University and works as R&D engineer at We Are Base. His main research areas include automatic data preprocessing, predictive modelling and adaptive systems.
- Martin Salvador, M., Budka, M. and Gabrys, B., 2019. Automatic Composition and Optimization of Multicomponent Predictive Systems with an Extended Auto-WEKA. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 16 (2), 946-959.
- Salvador, M., Budka, M. and Quay, T., 2018. Automatic Transport Network Matching Using Deep Learning. Transportation Research Procedia.
- Salvador, M.M., Budka, M. and Gabrys, B., 2016. Effects of Change Propagation Resulting from Adaptive Preprocessing in Multicomponent Predictive Systems. Procedia Computer Science, 96, 713-722.
- Salvador, M.M., Budka, M. and Quay, T., 2018. Automatic Transport Network Matching Using Deep Learning. Transportation Research Procedia, 31, 67-73.
- Salvador, M.M., Budka, M. and Gabrys, B., 2017. Modelling multi-component predictive systems as petri nets. 15th International Industrial Simulation Conference 2017, ISC 2017, 17-23.
- Salvador, Budka, M. and Gabrys, B., 2016. Adapting Multicomponent Predictive Systems using Hybrid Adaptation Strategies with Auto-WEKA in Process Industry. In: AutoML 2016 @ ICML 20-24 June 2016 New York (USA).
- Martin Salvador, M., Budka, M. and Gabrys, B., 2016. Towards automatic composition of multicomponent predictive systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 9648, 27-39.
- Salvador, M.M., Budka, M., Quay, T. and Carver-Smith, A., 2016. Improving transport timetables usability for mobile devices: A case study. PATAT 2016 - Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on the Practice and Theory of Automated Timetabling, 521-524.
- Schroeder, J.W., Martin-Salvador, M., Bakirov, R. and Straus, U., 2015. Tactile satellite navigation system: Using haptic technology to enhance the sense of orientation and direction. Proceedings of the International Astronautical Congress, IAC, 5, 3364-3371.
- Budka, M., Eastwood, M., Gabrys, B., Kadlec, P., Martin Salvador, M., Schwan, S., Tsakonas, A. and Žliobaitė, I., 2014. From Sensor Readings to Predictions: On the Process of Developing Practical Soft Sensors. In: The Thirteenth International Symposium on Intelligent Data Analysis (IDA 2014) 30 October-1 November 2014 Leuven, Belgium. Advances in Intelligent Data Analysis XIII, 8819, 49-60 Springer.
- Salvador, M.M., Gabrys, B. and Žliobaitė, I., 2014. Online Detection of Shutdown Periods in Chemical Plants: A Case Study. Procedia Computer Science, 35, 580 - 588.
- Stahl, F., Medhat Gaber, M. and Martin Salvador, M., 2012. eRules: A Modular Adaptive Classification Rule Learning Algorithm for Data Streams. In: AI-2012, The Thirty-second SGAI International Conference on Innovative Techniques and Applications of Artificial Intelligence 11-13 December 2013 Cambridge, England. Incorporating Applications and Innovations in Intelligent Systems XX Proceedings of AI-2012, The Thirty-second SGAI International Conference on Innovative Techniques and Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 65-78.
- Salvador, 2017. Automatic and adaptive preprocessing for the development of predictive models. PhD Thesis. Bournemouth University, Faculty of Science and Technology.
- Salvador, M.M., 2014. Identifying Shutdown Periods in a Chemical Production Plant. In: 7th Annual DEC PGR Poster Conference.
- Salvador, M.M., 2014. Automating Data Pre-processing for Online and Dynamic Processes in the Chemical Industry. In: 6th Annual Postgraduate Research Conference.
- Salvador, M.M., 2012. Automatic and Adaptive Preprocessing for the Development of Predictive Models. In: 4th Annual Postgraduate Research Conference.
- Salvador, M.M., 2012. Automatic and Adaptive Preprocessing for the Development of Predictive Models. In: 5th Annual DEC PGR Poster Conference.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Advanced Data Management
- MSc in Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems (2011)
- MSc in Computer Engineering (2009)