Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Dr Mili Shrivastava joined Bournemouth University after completing her PhD from the University of Jena in Germany on a scholarship from the German Science Foundation and the Max Planck Institute of Economics. Professors Uwe Cantner and David Audretsch supervised her dissertation. Her research interests are in broadly in the areas of Entrepreneurial teams, Spinoffs, Green entrepreneurship and Women enterprise. She welcomes inquiries from prospective PhD applicants interested in conducting qualitative or quantitative research in the above areas.
Dr Mili has organised a conference on Women Entrepreneurs and Innovators at Bournemouth University in 2018 that brought together leading academic scholars and practitioners to BU. In 2017-18, she convened the start-up support program for prospective student entrepreneurs at the Bournemouth Business School.
Dr Mili is an alumnus of IIT Delhi and Miranda House College, Delhi University
- Shrivastava, M. and Tamavada, J.P., 2017. Which green matters for whom? Greening and firm performance across age and size distribution of firms. Small business economics, 1-18.
- Shrivastava, M. and Rao, T.V.S.R., 2015. Organisational synergies, dissonance and spinoffs. International Journal of Economics and Business Research, 9 (1), 54-64.
- Shrivastava, M. and Ramamohan Rao, T.V.S., 2011. Financial Synergy, Agency Costs and Spinoffs. International Review of Applied Financial Issues and Economics, 3 (1).
- Shrivastava, M., 2019. Women Entrepreneurship in High-tech Sectors. In: Women Entrepreneurs and Innovators-Insights from Research and Practice 18 July 2018 Bournemouth University.
- Shrivastava, M. and Tamvada, J.P., 2015. Does it pay to be green for start-ups? In: Demirel, P. and Rentocchini, F., eds. Born to be green: The economics and management of green start-ups 21-22 May 2015 Winchester.
- Shrivastava, M. and Tamvada, J.P., 2011. Entrepreneurial Teams, Optimal Team Size, and Founder Exits. In: Academy of Management Conference 18-21 August 2011 San Antonio.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Managing People
Profile of Teaching UG
- Starting a Business
- Simulated Business Exercise
- Strategic Management
- Managing Innovation
- Strategic Management Online Unit
- Global Sustainability and Cross Cultural Challenges
- Programme Leader for Level H, BABS UG Programme
- Link Tutor, BU Partnership Programs
- Women Entrepreneurs and Innovators: Insights from Research and Practice, Women Entrepreneurship in High-tech sectors, 18 Jul 2018, Talbot Campus, Bournemouth University
- PhD in Economics (Max Planck Institute of Economics and University of Jena, Germany, 2011)
- HEA Fellow in Teaching (HEA Academy, 2017)
- Best paper award (Kauffman Foundation, 2011)
- PhD Scholarship (Max Planck Institute of Economics, 2010)
- PhD Scholarship (German Science Foundation, 2006)