Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Preethi is an academic and an associate Interior designer accredited by the British Institute of Interior Design with a background in Design Management for the built environment. Sustainable development is at the core of Preethi’s design and research. With over six years’ of experience in UK higher education, Preethi's area of expertise include Sustainable Luxury Fashion, Corporate Sustainability, Design Research, Youth employability, Sustainable entrepreneurship. Her research interests and publications concern sustainability within service industries.
In the field of Interior Design, Preethi has an ongoing experience in residential and commercial spaces across UK and India. She has a strong understanding of how interiors come together from the architecture of a space to the furniture and soft furnishings that fill it.
EU Interreg - Youth Employability and Entrepreneurship
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
"Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
Responsible consumption and production
"Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns"
Partnership for the Goals
"Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development"
- Rajaprakasam, P., 2022. Luxury industry as a pioneer for sustainability through improved communication: A consumer perspective. Luxury Studies: The In Pursuit of Luxury Journal, 1 (1), 25-43.
- Stewart, C., Anwuzia, O. and Rajaprakasam, P., 2022. Struggling at School but Starting a Business? At-Risk NEET Young People, Entrepreneurship and Social Change. British Sociological Association. Available from: https://es.britsoc.co.uk/struggling-at-school-but-starting-a-business-at-risk-neet-young-people-entrepreneurship-and-social-change/.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Design for Tourism and Hospitality
Profile of Teaching UG
- Fashion Business
- Fashion Buying and Merchandising
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- ESRC Festival of Social Science 2022 - This event will be an audio-visual exhibition to showcase key elements of SYU project so far that include: 1. The work and voices of young people who have taken part in ‘similar’ communities across 4 countries. 2. Project's findings such as the impact SYU has had on young people so far. 3. Stakeholder voices and contextual considerations of setting up SYU in local communities. The exhibition will run for 3 days and be open for public access. In addition, we will schedule a talk and workshop where young people can have a taster session of SYU. The audio-visual exhibition will allow people to move around freely, to listen, view and interact with the project. We seek to enhance the power of visual learning and group experience to make the content more understandable, valuable, and actionable for attendees. Further, we will give young people/other members of the public a chance to experience first-hand what entrepreneurship education feels like, see how it is delivered, and its benefits for young people and local businesses alike. This event will therefore implement an under-explored interactive approach to publicizing entrepreneurship training. Also, this event will demonstrate how SYU aligns with the UK's levelling up agenda.
- PhD by Design, Luxury and Social Innovation, 13 Jun 2016, Brighton
- Education Practice, 30 Oct 2022, Teaching
- MPhil in Sustainable Luxury (Loughborough University, 2018)
- MA in Design Management (University of Southampton, 2015)
- BSc (Hons) in Interior Architecture (National School of Design, India, 2011)
- British Institute of Interior Design, Associate (2019-), https://biid.org.uk/
Social Media Links
- LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/in/prajaprakasam