Dr Esther Anwuzia
- eanwuzia at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Post-Doctoral Research Assistant Entrepreneurship and Youth Employability
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Esther is a Post-Doctoral Researcher on a European-funded Interreg 2Seas project, Speed-You-Up, which seeks to improve the educational and employment outcomes of at-risk young people in deprived coastal communities across England, Belgium, France, and the Netherlands.
Esther holds a PhD in Education from the University of Cambridge and is a skilled mixed-methods researcher in the psychology and sociology of education, adolescents' and young adults' career development, and educational and social inequalities. She is also an experienced Lecturer and academic consultant.
Esther is interested in the school-to-work transition of young people, youth unemployment and employability, and strategies for improving the life chances of disadvantaged young people. She is open to collaborations with academics, practitioners, and policymakers in education and youth studies.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person's work contributes towards the following SDGs:
"Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all"
Decent work and economic growth
"Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
"Reduce inequality within and among countries"
- Stewart, C., Anwuzia, O. and Rajaprakasam, P., 2022. Struggling at School but Starting a Business? At-Risk NEET Young People, Entrepreneurship and Social Change. British Sociological Association. Available from: https://es.britsoc.co.uk/struggling-at-school-but-starting-a-business-at-risk-neet-young-people-entrepreneurship-and-social-change/.
- Anwuzia, O. and Obiegbu, J., 2022. Blog Post: What can be done for more at-risk young people to become entrepreneurs?. BU Research Blog. Published online.
- Anwuzia, O., 2022. Blog Post: Coaching At-Risk Young People CPD. BU Research Blog. Published online.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Academic and Professional Practice
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- ESRC Festival of Social Science 2022 (25 Oct 2022-26 Oct 2022)
- Philomathia Social Sciences Research Symposium, Implementing competency-based learning: Does entrepreneurship education work?, 29 Jun 2022, University of Cambridge
- PhD in Education (University of Cambridge, 2022)
- The British Academy, Early Career Researcher Network,
- Youth Employment Group, UK What Works Centre for Youth Employment, Member, https://youthfuturesfoundation.org/our-work/ignite/youth-employment-group/