- 01935 845541
- pshepherd at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- University Practice Learning Adviser
- Yeovil Campus, 91 Preston Road, BA20 2DN
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Uren, C. and Shepherd, P., 2016. Valuing the Student Contribution to Practice. Nursing Times, 1-4.
- Shepherd, P. and Uren, C., 2014. Protecting students' supernumerary status. Nursing Times, 110 (20), 18-20.
- Shepherd, P. and Uren, C., 2015. Valuing the student’s contribution. In: RCN Annual International Nursing Research Conference and Exhibition 2015 20-22 April 2015 Nottingham.
- Shepherd, P. and Uren, C., 2014. Time to learn, time to teach. In: NET2014 - International Networking for Education in Healthcare Conference 2-4 September 2014 Churchill College, Cambridge.
- Shepherd, P. and Uren, C., 2013. Protect the Student; protect the Patient – supernumerary status. In: Phi Mu Inaugural Conference 20-21 June 2013 Bournemouth University.
- Shepherd, P. and Uren, C., 2012. Mentor Education Provision. In: Royal College of Nursing Fine Conference 3-5 October 2012 Cardiff.
- Shepherd, P., 2011. Promoting competence in supporting learners in practice. In: NET2011 - International Networking for Education in Healthcare Conference 6-8 September 2011 Churchill College, Cambridge.
- Shepherd, P., 2007. Contrast, Compare and Prepare – the Journey of the Overseas Nurse. In: The Transcultural Nursing Society Annual Conference 2007 19-21 September 2007 Bournemouth University.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Unit Leader - Learning and Assessing in Practice (post-registration at Levels I, H and M)
- Learning and Assessing in Practice
Profile of Teaching UG
- Contribute to 'Return to Practice - Nursing' unit with both practice placement support and elements of unit delivery
- Within pre-registration, teach on 'Preparation for the RN Role' and 'Preparation for Practice Placement'
- Identifying knowledge for practice
- Academic Adviser
- The University of West London, External Examiner (2014-)
- The Stroke Association, Lay Research Reviewer
- RCN Centenary Conference 2016, The Mentor's Legacy, 22 Nov 2016, QE 2 Centre
- MA in Health and Social Care Education (Bournemouth University, 2010)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Bournemouth University, 2007)
- BSc (Hons) in Nursing (Bournemouth University, 2003)
- Diploma in Nursing Studies (Plymouth University, 2000)
- Registered Nurse in Nursing (Lovelock Jones Nurse Education Centre, High Wycombe, 1986)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Registered Nurse - Adult, and Teacher (1986-),
- Higher Education Academy, Fellow,
- Royal College of Nursing, Member,
The data on this page was last updated at 04:16 on August 14, 2020.